Any plans to update the ballistics ?

gibonez

Kinda curious if Epoch is going to keep the current arma 3 ballistics and shooting mechanics or if they plan on adopting their own.

While the arma 3 shooting mechanics are perfectly fine and bar none better than say stand alone and arma 2 are there any plans to adopt a more realistic approach to shooting such as is seen in ACE mod for arma 2 ?

any thoughs on

- Weapon resting

- bipod deployment

- Wind affecting ballistics

- Realistic wound model

- Incapacitation

- Realistic sniping (wind, MOA/MRAD elevation adjustment)

How does the community feel the ballistics and shooting should be in Epoch ?

Would love to see ACE in Epoch, but im not sure if it was completely porter for A3. I like most of ACE's features but the Reallistic sniper is a bit too much to learn(At least it was very frustrating in ARMA 2) :D Although it makes sniping a real skill, so most of bandit kids wont be able to snipe so easy and efficient. Me and my friends worked really hard on making Dayz and ACE 2 work together back in the day and it looked pretty solid, although our server didnt run well due to financial issues. It wasnt that easy so i dont think it will be a major goal. Unless somebody helps them make it work in the future

Would love to see ACE in Epoch, but im not sure if it was completely porter for A3. I like most of ACE's features but the Reallistic sniper is a bit too much to learn(At least it was very frustrating in ARMA 2) :D Although it makes sniping a real skill, so most of bandit kids wont be able to snipe so easy and efficient. Me and my friends worked really hard on making Dayz and ACE 2 work together back in the day and it looked pretty solid, although our server didnt run well due to financial issues. It wasnt that easy so i dont think it will be a major goal. Unless somebody helps them make it work in the future

Yea some of the features in ace are just beautiful for a survival game like Epoch mostly the ACe interaction menu to help declutter the scroll menu and allow for deeper gameplay elements.

The ACE health system would also go a long way to make the gameplay better by representing injuries like they are in real life no instant deaths but instead players getting incapacitated and bleeding to death helpless on the ground.

Most importantly however is the gunplay in ACE it would balance and bring back skill into activities such as sniping while offering greater versatility to a sniper at the same time.

Some aspects are probably not suitable for epoch though like the Stamina system.