Checking items in a vehicle

NovusB

Question

6 answers to this question

How would I check items in a vehicle gear so I would be able to bundle said items up into a package?

Not sure where you are going with the bundling thing into a package, but you will likely want to check the "getMagazineCargo"  command.

Syntax: result = getMagazineCargo object

Parameters: object: Object - object to check

Return Value:  Array of arrays. [["5MagsType1","10MagsType2"],[5,10]]

(Gratuitously copied from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getMagazineCargo )

Thank you Glenn - I am working on a cargo script similiar to one I found on CCGs. It allows you to bundle all of the gear from inside a helicopter to a cargo drop, adds a parachute, as well as a smoke grenade. The only script I've seen come close to this is BTK's cargo drop but it's only used for vehicles and static objects. I am looking to create a script that will allow magazines to be used in the cargo drop for say - you're at a mission and you need more ammo/med supplies/weapons your buddies can air drop some supplies in for ya.

Thank you Glenn - I am working on a cargo script similiar to one I found on CCGs. It allows you to bundle all of the gear from inside a helicopter to a cargo drop, adds a parachute, as well as a smoke grenade. The only script I've seen come close to this is BTK's cargo drop but it's only used for vehicles and static objects. I am looking to create a script that will allow magazines to be used in the cargo drop for say - you're at a mission and you need more ammo/med supplies/weapons your buddies can air drop some supplies in for ya.

Hmm..  so you are essentially looking to:

Scroll wheel command (Create Heli Drop Package): 

• Check Heli inventory
  • Remove Heli Inventory
  • Create Box attached under Heli
  • Fill box with Heli Inventory

Scroll wheel command (Drop Package)

• Check if package is attached to heli
  • Detach from Heli
  • Attach chute if height > 50
  • Deploy Green smoke

Or something like that? :)   Sounds cool! 

Well the create heli drop package will be included in the 'cargo drop' function. I will check the heli inven -> add it to a cargo crate -> remote the actual items from heli -> attach chute if > 100m -> deploy green smoke/handflare(i have 3 hours day/3 hours night)

_Parachute = "ParachuteBigWest" createVehicle position _Object;
		_Parachute setPos (getPos _Object);
		_GreenSmoke = "SmokeShellGreen" createVehicle position _Object;
		_GreenSmoke setPos (getPos _Object);
		_DropFlare = "HandRoadFlare" createVehicle position _Object;
		_DropFlare setPos (getPos _Object);
		_Object attachTo [_Parachute,[0,0,-1.5]];

I cannot get why this is not working....it is creating a parachute, and it is creating a green smoke....but it is not creating a road flare to be dropped with the package as well...

_Parachute = "ParachuteBigWest" createVehicle position _Object;
		_Parachute setPos (getPos _Object);
		_GreenSmoke = "SmokeShellGreen" createVehicle position _Object;
		_GreenSmoke setPos (getPos _Object);
		_DropFlare = "HandRoadFlare" createVehicle position _Object;
		_DropFlare setPos (getPos _Object);
		_Object attachTo [_Parachute,[0,0,-1.5]];

I cannot get why this is not working....it is creating a parachute, and it is creating a green smoke....but it is not creating a road flare to be dropped with the package as well...

Is "HandRoadFlare" the active class that show the burning flare? Thought it would change class name once it's active, kind of like a bullet or missile change once they go from being an item, in a magazine, to something in flight.