AI recruitment for epoch

Lacost

Nice try.

All the mechanics to buy it working great.

But:

- Bot dont attack whatever you trying. Whoever was is attacking you ( zed, player, AI) and whatever you attack anythings.

Hope you can found how to fix that and edit your tutorial to match it.

Because it's a cool addon

ok fixed it! Ai shoot zombies and Ai patrols, missions etc.. now 5 gold bars to recurit

They only shoot the vehicle weapon when u get out the vehicle.

thats good can you share HOW you  fixed the AI shooting Zombies and AI patrols?

• 2 weeks later...

this works for any map and will place a trader randomly each restart, has a scroll menu compared to the display menu and spawns the ai serverside so players are not spawning the ai and their weapons/ammo:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fUlKbv9mi2OU5adnNZOGFvcXM/edit

Do you install this the same way the original one or do you have instructions for server side setup?  Nice job by the way :)

Hiya Stench, thanks for that, i tried but I must of screwed up somewhere as they still arent engaging zeds

zombie_generate.sqf taken from pbo and put into custom folder in root of mission

//Add some loot

_rnd = random 1;

if (_rnd > 0.3) then {

_lootType =         configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _type >> "zombieLoot";

if (isText _lootType) then {

_array = [];

if (DZE_MissionLootTable) then {

_array = getArray (missionConfigFile >> "cfgLoot" >> getText(_lootType));

} else {

_array = getArray (configFile >> "cfgLoot" >> getText(_lootType));

};

if (count _array > 0) then {

_loot = _array call BIS_fnc_selectRandomWeighted;

if(!isNil "_array") then {

_agent addMagazine _loot;

};

};

};

};

_agent addRating -1000000;

//Start behavior

_id = [_position,_agent] execFSM "\z\AddOns\dayz_code\system\zombie_agent.fsm";

Called zombie_generate.sqf file from the bottom of my init.sqf:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\zombie_generate.sqf";

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

Checkj here for reference

and more info here http://opendayz.net/threads/simple-ai-tutorial-no-rmod-or-dayz_factions.8106/page-42

if you have build snapping use the custom compiles in that folder for your call

• 2 weeks later...

So all we need to do is put the folder with files in the root of our mission pbo and add the line to the init.sqf? Is there a way to tell where to go to recruit the ai?

Yep im stupid. it's one of my traits sorry :(

Pretty much the 1 line. A marker shows up on the map.

Love This Idea!! And thanks for sharing it :)

But i Have Problems to set the BE Filters, any one can help me out with this?

Got the PublicVariableRestriction #0 Kick if i try to buy the Units.

I use the BE Filter from updated Infistar AH:

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
5 "norrn" !="norrnRACarUp" !="norrnRAPicUp" !="norrnRaDrag" !="norrnR180" !="norrnRalie" !="norrnRLact" !="norrnRALW" !="norrnRDead" !="bon_recruit_newunit"
5 "usec" !="usecMorphine" !="usecBandage" !="usecBleed"
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"

Here reason from the PublicVariable Log file:

09.07.2014 14:10:55: DeliciousAce (XXXXXXXXX) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - #0 "PV_requestServerunit" = [true,<NULL-object>,"Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ"]

Please Help me :P

Thanks in Advance!

Ace

Love This Idea!! And thanks for sharing it :)

But i Have Problems to set the BE Filters, any one can help me out with this?

Got the PublicVariableRestriction #0 Kick if i try to buy the Units.

I use the BE Filter from updated Infistar AH:

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
5 "norrn" !="norrnRACarUp" !="norrnRAPicUp" !="norrnRaDrag" !="norrnR180" !="norrnRalie" !="norrnRLact" !="norrnRALW" !="norrnRDead" !="bon_recruit_newunit"
5 "usec" !="usecMorphine" !="usecBandage" !="usecBleed"
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"

Here reason from the PublicVariable Log file:

09.07.2014 14:10:55: DeliciousAce (XXXXXXXXX) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - #0 "PV_requestServerunit" = [true,<NULL-object>,"Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ"]

Please Help me :P

Thanks in Advance!

Ace

Well i got help from Chris:

!="PVAH_WriteLogReq" !="bon_recruit_newunit" !="PV_requestServerunit"

Is it possible to change the key used to issue commands to the AI?

The Infistar antihack is kicking players for hitting the ` (under esc) key.

Open your AH.sqf  and look on row 2255 for this:

if (_key == 0x29) then {['Tild - Known to start HackMenus'] spawn "+_randvar4+";};

and remove it or comment it out.

You can change the code from the key just search for DIK Key Codes on the web.

Open your AH.sqf  and look on row 2255 for this:

if (_key == 0x29) then {['Tild - Known to start HackMenus'] spawn "+_randvar4+";};

and remove it or comment it out.

You can change the code from the key just search for DIK Key Codes on the web.

Oddly enough, commenting this out with // completely broke the server, hud + anti-hack.

I changed the the 0x29 to the code 0x3D and now it seems fine.

Anyone got the AI to fire at players yet?

this works for any map and will place a trader randomly each restart, has a scroll menu compared to the display menu and spawns the ai serverside so players are not spawning the ai and their weapons/ammo:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fUlKbv9mi2OU5adnNZOGFvcXM/edit

I just added this but I have no markers so im not sure if its working

I cant seem to find anything in my rpt file

I have an overpoch napf server. Is there anything I need to edit in your init.sqf ??

or should it be working without any edits