Servers that don't suck?

Are there any servers that aren't super easymode servers (preferably populated)? I'm sick of seeing servers with self bloodbag, every server seems to have safe traders, almost everything has spawn loot, it's insane, and i hate playing on servers where i have everything given to me. I like playing proper DayZ, as in a survival game, not a PvP loot rush. I used to play on the BMRF Epoch servers, which were perfect for me, but they're gone now.

Well we have safezones for traders(or the trolls would just go nuts)..... but everything else is pretty hard. If you are a real Dayz veteran like me you will probably think that there is maybe too much action against AI but me and my players like it like that.. Not sure if we fit your preferences but it is worth a try :P

(BTW our selfBB works in Hospitals only + no crazy vehicles like BTRs and no rocket launchers! )

Well we have safezones for traders(or the trolls would just go nuts)..... but everything else is pretty hard. If you are a real Dayz veteran like me you will probably think that there is maybe too much action against AI but me and my players like it like that.. Not sure if we fit your preferences but it is worth a try :P

(BTW our selfBB works in Hospitals only + no crazy vehicles like BTRs and no rocket launchers! )

BMRF Epoch had no AI, and no safezones either. Maybe no camping traders should be a mod enforced rule instead of giving godmode. You just had to go to the right trader at the right time and you'd be fine, i never got killed at Klen, only a few times enroute to other traders such as Bash.

BMRF Epoch had no AI, and no safezones either. Maybe no camping traders should be a mod enforced rule instead of giving godmode. You just had to go to the right trader at the right time and you'd be fine, i never got killed at Klen, only a few times enroute to other traders such as Bash.

and was always empty.

Epoch without safezones gets too frustrating, as any asshole that gets a CZ from a nearby barn can ruin all your days of work.

And it's not easy to find a decent group to play with

Some people dont have the time nor the patience to lose everything several times in a row.

And how exactly a rule prohibiting trader camping differs from a safezone? lol.

who is supposed to enforce this?

Supposedly moderators who have no life of their own and do nothing but watch players, where they are in relation to each other, and what they are doing. They never log off and trolls never hop onto those servers, get just enough gear to camp traders, kill people, hide the body, and log off when confronted by an Admin.... nope... doesn't happen. 

Safezone traders is a must i think, traders would lose their meaning otherwise. One could only go there as part of a group. A server that "doesn't suck" would have these features if you asked me:

• No 3rd view, not even in vehicles
  • No crosshairs, no death messages
  • Dayz standard spawn gear, no extras
  • No bicycle out of the (tool)box
  • moderate to high prices at the traders
  • well designed missions both at remote areas and in towns
  • Night and daytime
  • Zero vehicles that are spawned by the server, they ought to be bought
  • No magic cinder bases, everything should be destroyable

Would it be possible to protect trader zones by AI? They would treat everyone as friendly, but if s/o fires at a player, they instantly recognize him or her as an enemy and start hunting that player? I think this should be doable from a technical point of view..

All opinions really.  I have safe zones on my servers, though I don't like them.  My players wanted them so I added them.  A lot of what's been done to my servers was per players request.  I am however starting a hardcore tavi server.  No save zones, 1st person only, no starting gear and so on.  Its a custom map, custom addons, scripts and so on.  Should be done soon enough.  That server will have its own launcher so players can download and update the current custom mods with ease.

I'm sorry to say but your server was exactly like most other epoch servers: Full of scripts (heli evac, select spawn, bike deploy), it had a customized day cycle (4 hour day and 2 hour night or something), it had lowered prices on traders, like cinderblocks were 10 gold. There's nothing "harder" on your server, as most features and customizations have only been done to make it easy.

You had my hopes up for a bit since the population seemed decent enough for me to try this server, but as it is the same as the current gametracker rank 15 server i play on right now, I see no point in switching to a lower populated copy of it.

But anyways, if someone is actually looking for a non easy servers, I have been looking for these myself and it seems that there are currently 2 servers that are trying to be different from the majority. Keep an eye on this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182982-rappelkiste-dayz-epoch-chernarus-1042103718-new-crafting-itemscustom-areaspricesai-missionsbandit-basenewserver/. You should really support this server as the admin seems to really have a good understanding how to make Epoch enjoyable. Give it a try, it's a bit low population atm. but if you like the server, lets help it grow!

(Edit: Removed a server recommendation that wasn't really what they promised.)

Hello,

You looking for a new server? Come check out this awesome brand new PVP server! The specs..

• Build snapping
  • Custom Buildings
  • Custom Load out
  • AI missions
  • Custom Loot
  • Admin Events
  • Anti Hack
  • Evacuation Chopper
  • Self Blood Bag
  • ETC..

Come check us out now at

Name: FOXHOUND GAMING 2000+

IP: 192.31.185.201:3068

Safezone traders is a must i think, traders would lose their meaning otherwise. One could only go there as part of a group. A server that "doesn't suck" would have these features if you asked me:

• No 3rd view, not even in vehicles
  • No crosshairs, no death messages
  • Dayz standard spawn gear, no extras
  • No bicycle out of the (tool)box
  • moderate to high prices at the traders
  • well designed missions both at remote areas and in towns
  • Night and daytime
  • Zero vehicles that are spawned by the server, they ought to be bought
  • No magic cinder bases, everything should be destroyable

Would it be possible to protect trader zones by AI? They would treat everyone as friendly, but if s/o fires at a player, they instantly recognize him or her as an enemy and start hunting that player? I think this should be doable from a technical point of view..

people would kill all AI and players from 800m+ in stary. on the other traders, a m4SD would be enough to kill all AI undetected then slaughter the players.

Destroyable bases with high prices will only create a massive deathmatch where people wont even care to build a base, will only get a safe, hide it on the woods of elektro/cherno and pvp all day.

Trying to make epoch "hardcore" will just make people stop playing it. No one likes to get frustrated and lose everything they have just cause people think this is 'hardcore'.

Not adding missions and keep helicopter spawns low (vehicles need to spawn, and need repairing) already makes it hardcore enough.

Don't play our servers, they're a very unfriendly place and you will lose your life/gear/temper very often :D

yeah, for the lag/desync, lol.

A brief check on some famous streamer's last epoch videos will show the 'quality' of your servers.

plus it is only hardcore for newcomers, as they have to dodge a ton of people with m107 and TWS weapons to get to any mission/high value loot area.

They're not hardcore, not even close.

@topic

A hardcore server just need this:

NO MISSIONS

No loadout

Destructible buildings (with lowered cinder block value, though)

Put a barrack on NEAF and one in green mountain, so the pvp wont be clusterfucked.

1st person only, with 3rd person enabled only when building.

Higher ammo price, no satchel charges for sale.

Low heli crashes/supply drop chance.

And that's it, godmode is a must, with no stealing mechanics, as everybody knows that this game is full of potential trolls and griefers, you let them dominate, you screw you community up with no return.

yeah, for the lag/desync, lol.

A brief check on some famous streamer's last epoch videos will show the 'quality' of your servers.

You know when players use streaming or recording software it can induce the chain symbols right? We were popular before Frankie/Lewis/Sacriel/Lyrik etc, that's why they came there in the first place. If we had bad quality servers as you're implying do you think we would retain our player base?

people would kill all AI and players from 800m+ in stary. on the other traders, a m4SD would be enough to kill all AI undetected then slaughter the players.

Destroyable bases with high prices will only create a massive deathmatch where people wont even care to build a base, will only get a safe, hide it on the woods of elektro/cherno and pvp all day.

Trying to make epoch "hardcore" will just make people stop playing it. No one likes to get frustrated and lose everything they have just cause people think this is 'hardcore'.

Not adding missions and keep helicopter spawns low (vehicles need to spawn, and need repairing) already makes it hardcore enough.

I don't play Chernarus anymore, it has become too small for my taste (I have enjoyed it for many years in Arma though). When you play on a bigger map like Napf or Sauerland this is not such a problem anymore, I've seen servers there with destructable bases, and there were tons of them all over the map, so the assumption that people wouldn't even care to build is false.. What is so bad about PvP anyway? I also don't see why people would stop playing Epoch if it was hardcore. There are almost 6000 servers, so if a few hundred were hardcore some people who like it rough would have a home. I play on a server that's pretty 'hardcore' - I rather like to call it veteran, and I never lose everything I have, there are many ways to keep your stuff safe. The only thing that has changed is that you can't peek magically around corners, you need to get your hands on some NV, and upon spawn you need to find some RedBull and Orange Sherbet to be able to buy a cheap ride to get back to your base. And you can much easier ambush vehicles since the drivers don't have the famous God's view from the top ;)

As an admin I hate god mode in trader cities.  It's such a maintenance overhead.  That being said I have god mode in the 3 trader cities because players expect it.

There is always going to be something on the server you want to change and god mode in traders is something that's I've always struggled with.  I've just been too reluctant to change it.  I hate it when there are 40+ people on and nearly half of them are in Stary.   :rolleyes:   One day I'll get fed up with Admin complaints for stealing, griefing and other nonsense in the traders and simply remove god mode from them.