[Release] Radio Communication Script v1.3.1

Thanks man, love the update. How do I change it so when I look around, it updates a lot quicker. it seems a little laggy

I tried my best, but it seems this is the best I could get.

Other players dont have the GUI that show the player names theyve tagged also!

More information. Or files. Or it didn't happen.

Edit: Can someone with infiSTAR confirm the 3d player positions work?

Nice update, cheers.

Things that don't work:

You only need a map and a Radio to see people now, GPS isn't needed.

RC_showCircle = false; - still shows circle

RC_showRadioSymbol = false; - still shows radio

RC_3dMoveSpeed = 0; - still has slight lag input

Feature Request:

Only show 3D names at XXXX range (customizable)

I tried my best, but it seems this is the best I could get.

More information. Or files. Or it didn't happen.

Edit: Can someone with infiSTAR confirm the 3d player positions work?

Only work for admins. Players can't see tags in 3d or on map, and when they tag friendly nickname not appear in left list, but they can see radio icon. BHF - disabled and i use latest version of AH 329A

Only work for admins. Players can't see tags in 3d or on map, and when they tag friendly nickname not appear in left list, but they can see radio icon. BHF - disabled and i use latest version of AH 329A

Confirmed

Where on earth is 

Found?! I can't find it :/

In description.ext, if it doesn't exist then create it.

It seems I forgot to implement the first two options. RC_3dMoveSpeed sets the animation movement speed to 0, not the actual update speed. The update speed of the 3d positions will stay laggy, until I find an alternative function to draw them.

Version 1.3.1 is finished. I fixed some things and expanded the 3D name feature a bit.

Thanks man, love the update. How do I change it so when I look around, it updates a lot quicker. it seems a little laggy

3D positions are now updated on realtime. This is as fast as it gets currently. This can be turned off, which sets it back to version 1.3 behaviour.

Nice update, cheers.

Things that don't work:

You only need a map and a Radio to see people now, GPS isn't needed.

Feature Request:

Only show 3D names at XXXX range (customizable)

The missing options are now implemented. I also added your request. 3D names are cut off at 1000m. This can be adjusted or completly turned off.

Any way to get this working for players not just admins with infistar?

seems that we need infiSTAR to make this work with AH

That could be your solution. I can't change anything on your infiSTAR files. Maybe ask how you can add an exception for specific Scripts. I already tried talking with them, and no real solution came along. Maybe you should add some pressure yourself.

Can we just use spawn and global var to call this script and then make an exception in AH, like by admin GUID, but new and based on global var of script, that owners of AH can choose name to make AH work with this script and not turn off all protection? So you just rename 2-3 vars in script and add an exception to AH with given name... 

Can we just use spawn and global var to call this script and then make an exception in AH, like by admin GUID, but new and based on global var of script, that owners of AH can choose name to make AH work with this script and not turn off all protection? So you just rename 2-3 vars in script and add an exception to AH with given name... 

I don't really get what you are talking about and how this can even help? If you know how code, then do it yourself and if it works tell me how I should change my script, so it is easy for everyone to achive the same.

I don't really get what you are talking about and how this can even help? If you know how code, then do it yourself and if it works tell me how I should change my script, so it is easy for everyone to achive the same.

like so

grab all your scripts in one and then spawn it like

in init
[] spawn thisscript;

and in variables just add new var for this script
And then grab all init of your scripts in var so

thisscript = { 

So you just spawn it and do an exception in AH like so

If (!thisscript) then {
[] spawn {[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\AH.sqf";};
};

is it possible?

like so

grab all your scripts in one and then spawn it like

in init
[] spawn thisscript;

and in variables just add new var for this script
And then grab all init of your scripts in var so

thisscript = { 

So you just spawn it and do an exception in AH like so

If (!thisscript) then {
[] spawn {[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\AH.sqf";};
};

is it possible?

I will translate this to normal language: If my script is running the AntiHack should not beeing started. So then just disable it for good ...

Your idea still makes no sense. My script can be run from only one file, the init.sqf. If you want it to be in a seperate variable do so:

thisscript = {
    [] spawn "RC\init.sqf";
};

Where is the problem? It doesn't matter if you put all the code in the same file or not. It does not change execution behaviour.

If I have to change something in any infiSTAR files, I can't since I do not own it.

I have tested a workaround for the infiSTAR dilemma. Could someone with infiSTAR please confirm the following solution?

Solution

Put the script initialization

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "RC\init.sqf";

before the dayz epoch initialization

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Somewhere in there the antihack is started and does something, so my script partly doesn't work. If my script is executed first, it could work.

Beware, "execVM" command is not used anymore. Also exchange the "RC\init.sqf" with the one in the attached archive (init.zip).