Manual Fire in Helicopter... How To/Tips?

DrScandalous

I've been trying to figure out how to do this... when you're flying by yourself, how do you do manual fire in a helicopter like a Huey? Is it possible? Tips? I've been trying to deal with hostile players + enemy AI and I'd like to be able to fight back when I'm in an armed chopper like a Huey/Blackhawk/etc.

Of the normal Epoch choppers, the only ones that have manual fire are the Blackhawk, Venom (UH-1Y), and Bell 47 attack variants. I believe all attack helis (Apache, Hind, Wildcat, etc.) have manual fire.

Some things to know:

-The gun will fire in whatever direction it's pointed (forward by default), so if someone's moved the gun it'll be more difficult to fire.

-Sometimes manual fire in the Blackhawk and Venom bugs out and turns off shortly after toggling it on; you can prevent this by switching firing speeds after activating it (IIRC this only needs to be done once per restart)

-It's much easier to hit targets while in 1st person.

-Get used to using the pedals to rotate (I believe they're X and C by default).

-You can map manual fire to a key in your options so you can quickly turn it on/off without risking hitting Eject (which really sucks).

-Keep in mind that if your target's above you, you're going to be tilting back, and thus slowing down likely to the point where the heli will spin around 180 degrees if you don't level it out.

-Likewise, if you're aiming down, you're going to start gaining speed.

• 10 months later...

err, no. i think i know what he means. i have the same problem, running on overpoch chernarus.

if i enter an UH60M with manual fire, the chopper only shoots out about 5-10 rounds, then it stops...the ammo is full, but its kinda disabled.

i like to activate this too.

any help?

• 3 weeks later...