[Howto/Release] Tie PlayerUID To All Buildable Objects / Keep plot pole after death [No SQL Triggers] UPDATE 16/04/2014

Well guys, I don`t think so that somebody have even run this script correcly, because Tag Friendly function simple does not work...

I even tried to remove all other scripts and tryed this on vanilla server and still - No Tag Friendly option...

Thanks, that is very helpful.

My optimised version also has the same issue.  I presumed it was working in this version so changed the characterUID conversion code but not any of the methodology.  Now I have an idea that the methodology has a small issue I can concentrate on a narrower search in the debugging.  I have a strong suspicion what it is and if correct, it will be an easy fix.

Am debugging the tagfriendly now but may take some time as I need at least two people.

Will post up a solution when / if I find it so WGC GeekGarage can utilise it if he feels it is appropriate.

RB

Well i finally got it working after reading through all the more recent comments but, i'm getting BE Kicked for PublicVariable Value Restriction #142 "WG_admin_Log" = ["WGLOG - Set CharacterID on object: _object 3fdf8800# 1059549: cinder_wall_half.p3d with ID: 155812550"], I've added this to line 142 in PublicVariable Value !="WG_admin_Log" but its still kicking me, i'm not the best with BE filters bearing in mind :P

EDIT: Trying to maintain results in 0 building parts in range

EDIT #2: I made some huge mistakes (not directing some files to the right sqf file locations xD, I'll test and report back

EDIT #3: I've corrected every mistake i found (to my knowledege) and now I'm getting this in the log and i can't log in of course

23:30:21 "DISCONNECT: [XG] KamikazeXeX (155812550) Object: B 1-1-A:1 ([XG] KamikazeXeX) REMOTE, _characterID: 0 at loc [-7244.94,19534.5,0]"

23:30:21 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character [XG] KamikazeXeX as no characterID"

EDIT #4: I've fixed it now but back to problem 1, I'm getting "0 building parts in range" when trying to maintain again

Well, it's working well, but it killed my deployables addon. I've tried two different deployable bike addons and neither of them work at all now after I installed this. Any ideas why?

If you'd like I can post the code from the deployables addons and maybe you can see where the conflict is?

Well, it's working well, but it killed my deployables addon. I've tried two different deployable bike addons and neither of them work at all now after I installed this. Any ideas why?

If you'd like I can post the code from the deployables addons and maybe you can see where the conflict is?

I don`t believe that this release fully works for you... I can bet that you cannot tag your friendlies...

Also deply bike functions is not related to this release! Maybe you did mess something up while tryed to add this script!

After i installed this (Working Perfect!) awesome script, aparently maintaining was somehow enabled on my server, so now buildings after 6 days get deleted, all tho, the maintaining option is bugged i think, because it says 0 buildings in range.

Does this happen to anyone? Is there a way to desactivate maintainence again from this script? Is there a way to fix that "bug" from maintaince area.

Thanks in advance!

Blargh!!!!!...

I've been over this a number of times, and I can't place a plot pole after the last go thru....  I hit space bar to place it, and it immediately disappears and says building cancelled!!!

Now all my bases R belong to anyone, we're DOOMED.... or maybe I'm just blind.....  Help ?

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody got the tag friendly working ? as far as i know it also prevent players to build on the same plot pole and thats really sucks ^^

but i love it so much..... cant get rid of it, so if anybody knows a solution please tell me it >.<

I don`t believe that this release fully works for you... I can bet that you cannot tag your friendlies...

Also deply bike functions is not related to this release! Maybe you did mess something up while tryed to add this script!

Anybody got the tag friendly working ? as far as i know it also prevent players to build on the same plot pole and thats really sucks ^^

but i love it so much..... cant get rid of it, so if anybody knows a solution please tell me it >.<

For both of you, this realeas works really well and as intended. I have had this on our server since it was released and Friendly Tagging does indeed work. I also have snap building and Raymixs Emerald Interior Design tools working. :)

Zero

For both of you, this realeas works really well and as intended. I have had this on our server since it was released and Friendly Tagging does indeed work. I also have snap building and Raymixs Emerald Interior Design tools working. :)

Zero

Vouch same here

Send me a pm if you want help getting it working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all.

Seems to be working however when I place a plot pole down and try to build I get a message saying "The building needs a plot pole within 30 meters". Any ideas?

I followed the instructions exactly and I get this same issue, is there a fix? (I run 1.0.5.1)

Got everything working only issue is when you add a lock to a door the PlayerUID gets replaced with the combo number.  The option to lock after you open a door is not present only the unlock option.  If you choose unlock then enter combo then the lock option comes available. It's not completely broken but a extra step must be made to lock the doors.

Mines working now but when someone places down a plot pole, on the next server restart the pole disappears, is there a fix for this?

Im having the same issue, the only things that stay are the locks and safes, walls plotpole tents etc get deleted on restart

the issue above is because this particular way of tying buildables to playerid

stores the information in the characterID field in object_data

there is a limit of 11 characters that can be stored in here, and the new playerIDs are about 18-20 characters in length

if you check hiveext.log you will see something like this. 

Line 145944: 2014-07-26 12:43:20 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:11:Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ:0:76561198035522330:[136.271,[10321.7,12080.9,0.0644531]]:[]:[]:0:1032171208091136:|

I am going to attempt changing the datatype and length/set of my characterID field in the database to

datatype BIGINT and length/set to 24 to see if this will have any effect. 

the issue above is because this particular way of tying buildables to playerid

stores the information in the characterID field in object_data

there is a limit of 11 characters that can be stored in here, and the new playerIDs are about 18-20 characters in length

if you check hiveext.log you will see something like this. 

Line 145944: 2014-07-26 12:43:20 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:11:Plastic_Pole_EP1_DZ:0:76561198035522330:[136.271,[10321.7,12080.9,0.0644531]]:[]:[]:0:1032171208091136:|

I am going to attempt changing the datatype and length/set of my characterID field in the database to

datatype BIGINT and length/set to 24 to see if this will have any effect. 

That makes sense, let us know if it fixes the problem or not, thanks.

sorry to say the fix isn't that simple.  =( 

im gonna put priority onto just getting my server back to a functional point, then worry about tying plot poles to playerid later.

the plot for life mod does state that it's steamid compatible, im gonna have a look at that next

im gonna put priority onto just getting my server back to a functional point, then worry about tying plot poles to playerid later.

the plot for life mod does state that it's steamid compatible, im gonna have a look at that next

I was having the same issue with plot for life too

I was having the same issue with plot for life too

If you post over in my thread then maybe I can help you find the solution.

As you have found, you cannot just increase the size of the db field as the heveext.dll which is the interface code between the DB and ARMA II OA (and therefore Epoch) is hard coded for that field to be just an int.  The hiveext.dll code would need to be amended to change that and the Epoch team are not keen going by various discussions here and on Git.

I chose to move the ownership to a different field for my mod but there is another option where the SteamID is shortened so it will fit the characterID field.  It is not 100% guaranteed the result will be unique but it should be close enough for this purpose.  Have a look at this request on the Epoch Git here for more details and sample code.

Why not using the new command getPlayerUIDOld, until 1.0.6 Epoch comes with a new .dll for the bigger database value.

Edit:

Mhh, for the most players this method works fine.

BUT, one player gets an OLD playerUID of 0.

Can't find out why.

He just activated his arma 2 cd version in steam yesterday, don't know if this has something to do with it.

All other players, did have arma from steam from the start, or activated it a couple of weeks ago.

Edit2:

So, now 1 day later, the Old playerUID of this player is NOT anymore 0. Now everything works, the command gives the right older playeruid back.

So dont know, looks like it was because the registration at steam took a while, to set everything...

regards

Edited by ABLGDayZ