How Do I Setup A Private Hosted Dayz Epoch Server?

Question

I've searcher all over you tube and across many forums but have not been able to find ANY tutorials on how to setup the latest version Dayz Epoch Server. The main website written tutoiral is very un-explanitory & i struggle to understand it, and i would appreciate some sort of step by step, tutorial on how to do the whole thing, excluding port forwarding i know that. Also i'm not accepting any suggestions of paying money to get one hosted because i just want a small server for me and a couple friends to screw around on, practise at the game epoch & learn about scripting so we can help on another server.

13 answers to this question

1. Make your folder where you want to put your Epoch server
2. Copy your Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead files inside of there.
[steam --> Arma 2/OA --> Properties --> Local Files --> Browse Local Files --> Copy those files inside of your server foler]
3. Once that's done: Go to dayzepoch.com --> Arma 2: DayZ Epoch --> Scroll down to "Server Files:" then click on "Arma2 DayZ: Epoch 1.0.4.2a Server Files ".
4. Copy and paste the server files in your DayZ Epoch server folder.
5. Download NaviCat and xammp
[Navicat: http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat-for-mysql]
[xammp: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html]
6. Open up xammp --> Enable MySQL and Apache
[Problems with that? Disable ports 80 and 443 in Skype --> Tools --> settings --> advanced --> connections]
7. Copy "instance_number_your choice map" and "DayZ_Epoch_instance_number_your choice map.bat" from "Config-Examples" to your main folder (where are the files are).
8. Go into your your "instance_number_your choice map" and change "HiveExt.cfg"
[standard one: http://pastebin.com/qPpy9gP4]
*9. Open up NaviCat and open a new connection --> MySQL
[Connection name: dayz_epoch (Using standard file *see above* - found in hiveext.cfg --> line 36 --> Database = "name").
Host Name/IP Address: localhost (Using standard file *see above* - found in hiveext.cfg --> line 26 --> Host = "name").
Port: 3306 (Using standard file *see above* - found in hiveext.cfg --> line 33 --> Port = "name").
Username: root (Using standard file *see above* - found in hiveext.cfg --> line 39 --> Username = "name").
Password: - (Using standard file *see above* - found in hiveext.cfg --> line 41 --> Password = "name").
]

*10 Use phpMyAdmin; what zombokiller said.
10. Double click dayz_epoch and right mouse --> New Database --> Database name: dayz_epoch (line 77: ;Database = dayz_epoch)
11. Double click on dayz_epoch and go into your SQL folder (Main Folder) --> drag Epoch.sql into your Database dayz_epoch and click start.
12. Wait untill that is done and click on close. Press F5 and you'll see that there will be new tables: "Character_data" etc.
13. Go back to your Epoch server folder and scroll down till you find "DayZ_Epoch_instance_number your choice map.bat" and double click it. The server will start and you can connect ingame by using "Remote":
[ IP: Localhost / 127.0.0.1
Port: Depending on your map (Check server screen: Eg. 2302)
]

Good luck!

Give me a call if you need help

* = Optional aka multiple options.

ive followed theses steps and have set up a working server, the problem i am experiencing is adding custom scripts like re-fuel, AI and admin tools and others.  not sure if this the correct place to ask for help or not, but any help will be greatly appreciated 

Hi Guy not sure what ive done wrong have installed this 2 times a following the instructions all goes well until I connect to the server I get this: Cannot open file 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Arma2OA\tmp\_cur_mp.pbo

and then it closes down: Thing is I went to the path it says and it is not there its in here 'C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Arma2OA\MPMissionsCache\_cur_mp.pbo

I have trie making a tmp folder and placing it there but it disappears when I run dayz 

Any Idea why i get this error

Thanks

MegaZ

P.S. also link to this is gone = [standard one: http://pastebin.com/qPpy9gP4]