Gamespy is shutting down the end of May

lol yeah, pretty sure Commander will be worthless.  Gametracker.com + entering IP in manually.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I think this will kill off a lot of traffic.  DayZ is full of newbs, and half of them probably won't even be informed before it happens.  I'd suggest server admins to add information about it in server notices.  I still need to do this myself.

Gametracker.com + entering IP in manually.

In order for that to work you need Gamespy too. The way this system works is like this:

In Arma 2 oa server files, there a Config.cfg file. This is the file were you put your server name and rcon password. And in there is this:

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

The ip its reporting to "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com", sends all the data need for dayz command, play with six, Gametracker, everything from how long your connected to the name you use, also the server's parameter. This data once gamespy decompresses it can be used by anyone.

So what gametracker dose, is connect to gamespy and gets the data need, and it only adds the server if the server ip you put in is the same as one available from gamespy.

Now, one method of getting dayz commander and play with six to work is this.

Create, a decomplie like what gamespay dose, and then upload it to a network.

Then change the reporting ip from "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com" to something like for example: "Newreporterip.com" or "192.168.1.254" or something ip based.

Then also dayz commander to obtain the complicated info.

How will I start DayZ Epoch without commander? I've tried making shortcuts to try to use xxx mod or xxx mod and never works always says missing files or not update or w/e... I was always forced to use DayZ Commander to be able to join my server.

Can someone help make a shortcut to like auto join a server and using the right mods/versions?

116523+ 1.63 patch has Steam lobby support and 1.0.5 is being testing on the 116523+ builds. Many fixes have already gone into 1.0.5 just for these newer builds.

Just talked to DotJosh and he is going to update commander to support the new steam lobby as soon as BI fully releases 1.63 and steam lobby. He also mentioned that he has a backup list of server IP:ports just in-case.

Not to worry, we are looking out for you and DayZ Epoch has support for the foreseeable future.

116523+ 1.63 patch has Steam lobby support and 1.0.5 is being testing on the 116523+ builds. Many fixes have already gone into 1.0.5 just for these newer builds.

Just talked to DotJosh and he is going to update commander to support the new steam lobby as soon as BI fully releases 1.63 and steam lobby. He also mentioned that he has a backup list of server IP:ports just in-case.

Not to worry, we are looking out for you and DayZ Epoch has support for the foreseeable future.

Thank you for the information awol much appreciated <3

Unfortunately for those of us that don't have OA on Steam, right now it looks like we will be unable to update ours to 1.63:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176426-ARMA-2-OA-Beta-build-116523-Steam-Mp-Lobby-%281-63-build-Steam-only%29

Patch contains MP steam lobby and is distributed only for steam version of game (Arma2: Operation Arrowhead Beta)

To be to able to use Steam lobby you must
- run game from Steam client, so proper application ID is used 
- to start public server you must not be hidden behind NAT
- to start DS, steam_appid.txt must be present (so DS knows product ID)
- steam dlls must be present

Unfortunately for those of us that don't have OA on Steam, right now it looks like we will be unable to update ours to 1.63:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176426-ARMA-2-OA-Beta-build-116523-Steam-Mp-Lobby-%281-63-build-Steam-only%29

Wow. That's a shame.They ever going to get a solution to people without steam or to people who don't want to run it through steam?

As far as I heared, even if the Steam lobby system comes, remote connection will be possible for the clients at least, if you dont want to go trough the steam system you wont need to but then its kinda harder to find your server

As far as I heared, even if the Steam lobby system comes, remote connection will be possible for the clients at least, if you dont want to go trough the steam system you wont need to but then its kinda harder to find your server

I'm sure a work around would be made, such as using a "main client" to query  the IP's and than giving the client the IP's to ping.

I'm sure a work around would be made, such as using a "main client" to query  the IP's and than giving the client the IP's to ping.

There already is a work around, sanctioned by Valve! Buy OA on Steam for $20. :) 

I may end up having to do that. I'm hoping maybe they'll put it on sale before then.

There already is a work around, sanctioned by Valve! Buy OA on Steam for $20. :)

I may end up having to do that. I'm hoping maybe they'll put it on sale before then.

The "force" is strong with this one.

But seriously, even without Steam (which I have steam versions so It doesn't matter personally) it wouldn't be hard at all to write something that would query and get the server information from steam ( If they do public API for this) or use a "Main" or "Head" client, to pull all that information, parse it, and display it in a format that DayZComm could than parse, and allow you to do everything it does now, maybe even WITHOUT needing steams help.

The "force" is strong with this one.

But seriously, even without Steam (which I have steam versions so It doesn't matter personally) it wouldn't be hard at all to write something that would query and get the server information from steam ( If they do public API for this) or use a "Main" or "Head" client, to pull all that information, parse it, and display it in a format that DayZComm could than parse, and allow you to do everything it does now, maybe even WITHOUT needing steams help.

The problem is that BI has already said that while those without OA on Steam will be able to continue to play, the updates will only be available via Steam.