Gamespy is shutting down the end of May

Oh.. Well I think DayZ COmmander works with something else.. Not sure, I hope!

It doesn't because it pulls the server information through gamespy to display on their program :\ Josh never made a dayzcommander work with Arma 3 since there is no dayz mods but I am not too sure if he will be able to update it to work with the new arma 2 server list.

BI, has talked about working something out something with steam. But its not like Arma the only game. A lot of games use Gamespy as there multplayers menu system. But its not like Gamespy was the only one. A few months ago, GFWL(Games For Windows Live) closed down too. And left GTA a bit heart broken.

All we needs is something to read what the server is reporting and the reporting ip can be changed in the main Config.

Its not only that....that can be done easily...the problem is that Arma is broadcasting all the servers to gamespy..even if we do have the program/site ready...still every server owner would manually have to 'report' to the new site/program that 'hey i have a server running as well' hook me up in the list.

Its not only that....that can be done easily...the problem is that Arma is broadcasting all the servers to gamespy..even if we do have the program/site ready...still every server owner would manually have to 'report' to the new site/program that 'hey i have a server running as well' hook me up in the list.

In theory you'll just need to update your reporting IP in the config.cfg:

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

In theory you'll just need to update your reporting IP in the config.cfg:

Yep, steam should also allow for 3rd party programs to pull data as well, I really don't see this as a problem.  GameSpy stopped writing articles some time ago, it was only a matter of time before ZD shut down the rest of the operation.

Im surprised not more people are concerned about this, or at least informed.

If I am not mistaken once Gamespy goes down DayZ Commander wont have a search function right?

yup. Dayz commander using Gamespy to work correctly.

Like i said, you can change the ip to report to in the master config file.

That is the ip gamespy scan for to get the data, BI knows what data is sent thought that. So all you need to do is make the softwear that can read the data. Then host the server for example at www.Regencyhost.com, then you have the softwear listen on an ip: 192.22.7.123. Use an ip to mask the ip, www.ReportArma2ServersHere.com. And they done...

And in the master config you change it too...

reportingIP = "www.ReportArma2ServersHere.com";

Do you think theres enough talent around here to offer Dotjosh a solution, or even create a substitute that applies across the board, not to only Epoch?

Would really show how focused on the community the Epoch group is.

If I knew anything about programming I would try to help out :(

Do you think theres enough talent around here to offer Dotjosh a solution, or even create a substitute that applies across the board, not to only Epoch?

Would really show how focused on the community the Epoch group is.

IMHO there is definitely enough talent to implement the technical solution but who will pay for the infrastructure? Someone has to pay for the servers/power/rack space/bandwidth/etc.

• 2 weeks later...