[TUTORIAL] How to Override (almost) Any File in DayZ

Does this allow players to log out and back in, having the same skin that you just added?

yes.  DayZEpoch checks the AllPlayers array for this information. 

edit: hell if you wanted to, you could add the dog skins to this if you had a RP server or something

coolbeans, how about non epoch (specific namalsk 0.75)? Im looking to add an admin skin that remains after logging

This tutorial should work with any DayZ mod out there.  Follow the tutorial until you get a good feel on what we are doing and then you can apply this to other things.  Honestly this tutorial was more about the idea behind it than how to change skins.

For other mods, you may need to do some investigation into where they check against the player's skin on login.  In DayzEpoch I know that the AllPlayers array in the variables.sqf is the value checked.  Other mods may be slightly different, however I'm pretty sure all epoch maps follow this format.

WHY WAS IT REMOVED ??? 

I got custom skins working with it just fine. 

I came back to get the skins links Now they gone. 

google it and found em  but is there anyway to add origins skins to epoch ??

I haven't hosted/played origins since 1.7 so I don't know if they've added new skins since then.  However, during the 1.7 era, all of the skins to my knowledge were arma2/oa skins

I added hooker1 skin but my player can only do what that character was meant to do in arma

like she runs around with her hands in the air, I can only steer her its weird.

sh cannot have guns or inventory either

but its fun for a laugh.

Please give me this classname.

• 4 weeks later...

okay maybe I missed a beat ....

Ive updated a custom variables.sqf.

Pointed the files to look in the right direction.

Now are these new skins ive added available in a clothing parcel/magazine or is it just for me to add a skin to the DB ?

I'd really love to have some of these skins in a magazine format. Only I cant quite find any direction as to how to make it happen.

Thanks for the help :D

okay maybe I missed a beat ....

Ive updated a custom variables.sqf.

Pointed the files to look in the right direction.

Now are these new skins ive added available in a clothing parcel/magazine or is it just for me to add a skin to the DB ?

I'd really love to have some of these skins in a magazine format. Only I cant quite find any direction as to how to make it happen.

Thanks for the help :D

You can't add new skins without client-side changes - any player connecting to your server would need your custom files as well.

• 2 months later...