Addon 'Sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus'

Ghostvoid

So ive been trying to get Daz mod to work on my PC for 3 days now I have searched through just about every forum/youtube and every other site I can find for an aswer!

How do I FIX this god damn error.... I have uninstalled Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA 3 times have installed dayz commander 3 times have downloaded Dayz epoch 3 times and still get this error. I have verified all my files in steam I have run both games through steam....

can anybody just give me a simple answer to how I get this "Addon 'Sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus'" to stop coming and up and let me play the mod? I am getting very annoyed and about to give up on this!

• 4 months later...

So ive been trying to get Daz mod to work on my PC for 3 days now I have searched through just about every forum/youtube and every other site I can find for an aswer!

How do I FIX this god damn error.... I have uninstalled Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA 3 times have installed dayz commander 3 times have downloaded Dayz epoch 3 times and still get this error. I have verified all my files in steam I have run both games through steam....

can anybody just give me a simple answer to how I get this "Addon 'Sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus'" to stop coming and up and let me play the mod? I am getting very annoyed and about to give up on this!

bump. Getting the same problem.

I deleted everything, reinstalled arma2, ran it. exit. reinstalled arma2OA, ran it, exit.

3 times now

downloaded all mods again, still getting the error :/

Run Arma 2, go to singleplayer, editor, Chernarus. Run Arma 2 OA, singleplayer, editor, Chernarus. Run Arma 2 CO epoch, CTRL + E Chernarus. If you get any errors let me know.

• 6 months later...

Refresh.

I have the same problem but different logs.

When I'm running server in the middle of loading i get error like in topic and when i'm joining to lobby i get black screen and title "Wait for host" and my nickname in the upper right of corner... nothing more.

I tried to do things above but nothing helps.

Here is my RPT (I can't paste it to pastebin)

http://speedy.sh/mCfjn/ArmA2OAServer.RPT

Scan

https://www.virustotal.com/pl/file/f96d1d3b926b9f92f8621ad0ced96ab4d152cc8aff29ef2f8ba92183012facaf/analysis/1424112907/

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought Arma2 OA about 3 days ago and for the sole reason of playing dayz mods mostly epoch. So i got dayz luancher and all that stuff but when i try to luanch say Epoch i know it works becuase it says DayZ Epoch when it would normally say Arma2 in the loading screen, But when i try to join a server i get and error saying what tjis thread is about or sometimes itll just say Addon Chernarus needed. I only have Arma2 OA not the regular game as well i dont know if thats the problem. ALl i wanted to play is dayz and a friend said that all i needed was OA and not both the regular game and OA i dont have enough money to buy the regular version and most likely wont for a  LONG time. But i shouldnt need both if i do thats VERY dumb and if i do i should be able to get the Regular version for free since i bought OA. so if anyone has any ideas of what i should do PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSE help me i am very desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought Arma2 OA about 3 days ago and for the sole reason of playing dayz mods mostly epoch. So i got dayz luancher and all that stuff but when i try to luanch say Epoch i know it works becuase it says DayZ Epoch when it would normally say Arma2 in the loading screen, But when i try to join a server i get and error saying what tjis thread is about or sometimes itll just say Addon Chernarus needed. I only have Arma2 OA not the regular game as well i dont know if thats the problem. ALl i wanted to play is dayz and a friend said that all i needed was OA and not both the regular game and OA i dont have enough money to buy the regular version and most likely wont for a  LONG time. But i shouldnt need both if i do thats VERY dumb and if i do i should be able to get the Regular version for free since i bought OA. so if anyone has any ideas of what i should do PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSE help me i am very desperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  

So you bought DLC to a game you don't own .... :lol: smart move, even Steam tells you it's DLC and not a standalone game

Put your hand in your pocket again, you need ArmA the game.

Also your keyboard is broke, it types in BOLD and the punctuation is missing :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/4/2014 at 11:46 PM, Kar said:

Run Arma 2, go to singleplayer, editor, Chernarus. Run Arma 2 OA, singleplayer, editor, Chernarus. Run Arma 2 CO epoch, CTRL + E Chernarus. If you get any errors let me know.

I had the same issue just now, even though i was playing just last night. Followed these instructions and everything is back to normal now.