Potential Serious Bug/Exploit?

boxman80

Hi gents, ive had a bug reported to me by a couple of our regulars this week. Basically they stumbled accross a bug the other day and we aren't sure if it's server or mod related. i didn't really want to type it here (incase it is a mod bug and it gets exploited) so please feel free to edit this mods, but I thought it was worth mentioning just incase it is a server bug and thres a fix.

What happend was; there was team of players all tagged up together as friendlies and unfortunately on of the guys was teamkilled by his mate. He then respawned at the same place he died instead of on the coast, with all the  gear he had previously. Also his previous body remained on teh ground with all his gear too, effectively duplicating it all. This was tested a few more times and happened again repeatedly. Obviously we're concerned this will be exploited to duplicate gear.

Anyone else seen this in Epoch? We tested it running no mods other than an edited map and our server host is HFB. Any ideas?

This issue exists in dayz and is not an issue with the tag friendly system. I believe the problem is that players are logging out quickly after death and re-logging before the server had a chance to mark them as dead. This seems to happen more often if the server  or mysql is running slow.

I would be very curious if anyone has had this issue and found a way to solve it because it is very serious and ruins the game when players start to abuse it. It is very difficult to catch and once briefcases are involved becomes very detrimental to the server. I also find that players have been duping by placing their backpack full of items on the ground and logging out and back in again quickly. I tried adding the force save option in the init file hoping that would somehow help save more but no success. Any ideas?

Ah never thought it could be just standard day z duping, the team kill issue through me off. It's potentially the database slowing right down then as currently our restarts are quite wide apart temporarily. I'll press on with my work on the BEEC schedule .cheers.