What map do you like the best for Epoch?

Snakeyes

I'm currently running Epoch servers for both Chernarus and Sauerland. Previously, when we played on vanilla DayZ servers we tried nearly all the maps. In retrospect I still like Chernarus the best overall. Since it is the original map used for DayZ, it seems the most polished and refined. I like the terrain and the scenery. Plenty of wooded areas, etc.

I have to say Napf, because the more I play on it the more I like it.

I think it's the small details that make it a great map ie; Islands,forests,sweeping grasslands,highlands,industrial zones,rural cottages,sea-side villages,docklands.

It's just a really well thought out map.

Chernarus would have to be second.

STENCH

I like all of the German based maps like Napf and Sauerland. They offer huge size, an awesome landscape, huge, more lively cities, better country and roads, and an awesome atmosphere. I hope at some point Celle is also made compatible with Epoch. Celle, although not as big as some other maps, it has a really good amount of custom objects like buildings, roads, and trees and it is very accurate compared to the real region, and it really offers an atmosphere offered by no other DayZ map.

If you read the official story, it actually started on an Island off the coast of Chernarus. Possibly Utes. A scientist created a virus to brainwash people and make people change their minds about communism, and he realeased it. It worked, the Soviet Union collapsed and people changed Thier minds about communism. But, the virus mutated and turned people into angry, bloodthirsty, raging brain-dead psychos. The virus spread rapidly throughout the post soviet region and the rest of Europe.

namalsk's good for the atmosphere, but has way to many structure bugs and there's something with it that makes everything lag as hell.

Chernarus was the best before napf, it has all variety you would want, plenty space to basebuilding safely, well dispersed loot, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

What smaller maps are available for the epoch mod, I've played Chernarus, Napf, Lingor, Taviana, Sahrani, maybe a couple more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Are there any which you would say are more suited to a 30-35 player server with maybe only 1 town/city where loot must be contested, but offers a lot of farmland, country roads to camp away?

I've played Arma on many maps and my favorite by far is Napf. It's really well made, seems like a plausible island and its huge which is essential for DayZ imo.

Can't thank Momo enough for creating this masterpiece.