Shortened day/night cycles?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

For my server, the restart is every 4h and I made 3h day & 1h night using the HiveExt.ini parameters.

I set this : 

[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 17

The night happend at 20:00 (8 pm) average and my server restart when it's 21:00 (9pm)
So when the server restart, after it's 17:00 (5pm) in game :)

Hoping you have helped !

Static time doesn't work for me for some reason, it's just keep staying daytime. I got my static time on hour=16, with restarts every 6 hour. It should be night then for 2 hours but that isn't the case.

Have you made sure that the type and hour variables aren't commented out ( make sure this ";" is not at the start of their lines )?

you should have the following:

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 16

If you have a server through a host, you'll want to confirm that they aren't locked down to local time only.

• 2 months later...

Instructions for above origins script. Adjusting Day/Night Time

• Edit \MPMissions\dayz_1.origins.tavi\init.sqf
  • Look for:[3,true,true] execFSM "core_time.fsm";
  • Default is currently 4hr day/night.
  • Other examples:

--- [4,true,true] execFSM "core_time.fsm"; (3hr day/night)

--- [3,true,true,12] execFSM "core_time.fsm"; (4hr day / 1 hr night)

• To disable completely, just add a double slash to the front of the line '//'

Instructions for above origins script. Adjusting Day/Night Time

• Edit \MPMissions\dayz_1.origins.tavi\init.sqf
  • Look for:[3,true,true] execFSM "core_time.fsm";
  • Default is currently 4hr day/night.
  • Other examples:

--- [4,true,true] execFSM "core_time.fsm"; (3hr day/night)

--- [3,true,true,12] execFSM "core_time.fsm"; (4hr day / 1 hr night)

• To disable completely, just add a double slash to the front of the line '//'

I;m not getting too much traffic on my server right now (curse you standalone) so I might give this a try to satisfy a large group of night dwellers I have on my server. 

Is there any changes I need to make in my cfg files its vurrently set to:

[Time]

Type = static

hour = 13

Have you made sure that the type and hour variables aren't commented out ( make sure this ";" is not at the start of their lines )?

you should have the following:

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 16

If you have a server through a host, you'll want to confirm that they aren't locked down to local time only.

This is the best method, the script listed earlier in this thread uses a function called skipTime, which has to be broadcasted to each user as the server updates aswell, I have played with this function many of times, and it seems that A2 cannot keep up with the constant change, especially while running something as big as DayZ. The constant flashes, and choppy clouds are the result of either the client trying to sync with the server, or vice versa, and thus causing a split second where it thinks it still daylight, or is moving to fast and results to light flashes and choppy clouds. While I have never gotten this to run smoothly on A2, it works wonders in A3, but that's a different story. 

With that being said I would try to fine tune your Hiveext.ini with the Static time variables, we have on our server it running 3hrs day, and 1hr night aas to tdriftx post..