Server is running an Incorrect Version

gRumble01

Question

Hello,

I have got a Problem. If I join my server I can stay in the lobby perfectly. If i would join my server he is kicking me back in to the Lobby and there is this text: 

This Server is running an Incorrect version of the server side application. You can not play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ Epoch stuff.

I used the DayZ Epoch Server 1.0.4.2a release.7z Files.

Can anyone help me?

10 answers to this question

There's a read me file? I can honestly say I have never read it lol

oh dear......... from youmathew? ffs  :P :P :P

Edit: welcome to my 100th post, like it matters, I hardly ever post unless I see someone in distress :P

I hate to necro this thread, but I am having the same issue, only so is everyone who tries to join my server. It was working fine before a restart. I hadn't changed anything or touched any of the files recently, or database for that matter. Then suddenly no one can join and receives

This Server is Running an Incorrect Version of the server side application. You cannot play on this server.

Surely the answer isn't to require every single person joining my server to download that package?

It's the server that needs it and not every client. Why it's coming up after a restart only I don't know but it's worth trying to install it server side as it might fix it.

I opened a help ticket with Vilayer and they fixed it although they didnt tell me how.