WAI sample mission sqf explained

gopostal

I hope all is well and that you get well fast. The last thing that I would like to ask, is take you up on your offer for your mission PBO, I have my own server, but want to run a more custom mission set. the basic ones are boring. I just dont have a lot of time to start all new ones, so yours will give me a must faster starting point. My email is [email protected]. if they are small enough to email, that would be awesome. if not just let me know,.

Sent them to your dak, along with the entire database in case you want to use it as a template. Enjoy my brother and feel free to reply any questions you might have with the email I used. I'll be coming back to these boards less and less now.

• 2 months later...

does anyone have a custom mission thats similar to take the carrier mission like the one from wasteland where you have to take over the aircraft carrier from the ai as that would be cool

ive tried to make one but not having any joy in the ai spawning on the carrier

Spectral I got your message and replied. I still have backups of everything and anyone that wants them is welcome to it. Like I told him there was a lot of custom stuff I had been working on that's in the files and you can do what you want with it. I wouldn't be a huge help with support on it though, the chemo really did a number on me. I'll answer what I can though.

I looked at my backup zip and it's about 300MB even 7zipped but that includes everything (databases, source code, compiled pbo's, etc). How do oyu guys want to grab this? Would it be easier to run a short term FTP server or do you guys use Sync?

does anyone have a custom mission thats similar to take the carrier mission like the one from wasteland where you have to take over the aircraft carrier from the ai as that would be cool

ive tried to make one but not having any joy in the ai spawning on the carrier

I spent a lot of time testing and the short answer on this is 'it won't work'. The way Arma spawns in AI is not very good, especially over water. I had to seriously alter my "Bridge Nowhere" mission because I couldn't get gear *or* AI to spawn properly onto the bridge span itself. The same thing happened inside of buildings once you left the ground floor and anywhere over water no matter the structure.

Spectral I got your message and replied. I still have backups of everything and anyone that wants them is welcome to it. Like I told him there was a lot of custom stuff I had been working on that's in the files and you can do what you want with it. I wouldn't be a huge help with support on it though, the chemo really did a number on me. I'll answer what I can though.

I looked at my backup zip and it's about 300MB even 7zipped but that includes everything (databases, source code, compiled pbo's, etc). How do oyu guys want to grab this? Would it be easier to run a short term FTP server or do you guys use Sync?

I spent a lot of time testing and the short answer on this is 'it won't work'. The way Arma spawns in AI is not very good, especially over water. I had to seriously alter my "Bridge Nowhere" mission because I couldn't get gear *or* AI to spawn properly onto the bridge span itself. The same thing happened inside of buildings once you left the ground floor and anywhere over water no matter the structure.

ok thanks @gopostal. i was interested as there is one that works on wasteland using Art Vandelays world missions