Question(s)

Clatter

I am not sure if decay/maintainance is a topic in the linux version but at least I have 2 database events which you might want to change/disable:

Removes old objects and vehicles

DELETE FROM `Object_DATA` WHERE `LastUpdated` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 24 DAY) AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 42 DAY)   

setDamageOnAge

UPDATE `Object_DATA` SET `Damage`=0.1 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 3 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )

I build 1 wall for testing something else so far. I got the menu to do the maintenance but if I remember correctly there was no maintenance I could do...it was just in the menu. But with the events above objects will get damage and will also get removed after time I guess.

In your mysql database. I don't know which tool you use to access it. I am using phpmyadmin.

There you click on the db link in the left menu which is called 'information_schema'. There is a table that is called 'EVENTS'.

These events are executed by the mysql database individually (so not epoch is executing them) depending when they should start (daily, every 14 days,...)

I am not sure if they get executed for you...if I remember correctly the execution of the events needs to be allowed in the my.ini or my.conf (?) (mysql config file in /etc/mysqld or similar) or via SQL commands:

SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = ON;
SET @@global.event_scheduler = ON;
SET GLOBAL event_scheduler = 1;
SET @@global.event_scheduler = 1;

(can also be used to disable the event scheduler)

Have a look at this link for further information: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/events.html

Looking at the options, it seems the event scheduler is disabled. (I am using mysql workbench).

"show events;" from the command line returns 'empty set', I don't think anything is running as far as events on mine.

Everything else I've seen on this forum seems to indicate that cleanup of base items is handled by the hive. I have seen

mysql events to be added for some cleanup (in the latest patch), but it does not seem they apply to base items.

I wonder if base decay and deletion even exists in the linux version.

Is there a tag or something to differentiate between items that decay and things like safes etc (i am assuming they never get cleaned up)?

• 4 weeks later...