No AI Spawning

Turtle

So pretty much the only custom thing I've done with these missions is add in custom locations for all of my maps (Tavi, Cherno, Namalsk) and they are now all having this problem. 

The missions spawn fine but every now and then the AI and the Weapons Boxes do not.

Biggest problem is that you can't complete the misisons either so new ones spawn.

For Ex: (Nato Cache) - Camo net spawns, vehicle spawns. No AI, no Box. 

I'm having the exact same issue. I originally updated to a fresh install with RipSaw's edits and was finding empty boxes or no AI. Then I swapped to a clean install of DZMS and just changed the loot to be similar to RipSaw's, minus all the different crates. I didn't touch any of the missions or crates not wanting to mess up anything. I've been fighting with this going on 15 hours now. I checked the RPT as requested and I have a spam of this:

_unit = _unitGroup createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
23:02:25   Error position: <createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
23:02:25   Error Type Any, expected String
23:02:25 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSAISpawn.sqf, line 33
23:02:25 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom;

The issue is, the ONLY thing I touched in the Spawn file was to change the RPG ammo the AI spawn with. That's all. Everything else is default. I don't understand what is wrong here, because the creater would have had to write it wrong and a heck of a lot more people would be posting about it before now I think. Here's my lines 29-33:

//Lets pick a skin from the array
	_aiskin = DZMSBanditSkins call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

//Lets spawn the unit
	_unit = _unitGroup createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select 0),(_position select 1),(_position select 2)], [], 10, "PRIVATE"];

I'm going out of my mind on this. Some one please help me out. We need the RPGs because our players are just steam rolling over the missions and it's getting ridiculous. We've never had an issue with the older update which is why this is so confusing and annoying. I'm more than fed up with sitting here staring at code for hours on end as well.

Here is the RPT Errors I'm finding noticable

22:42:11 [DZMS]: Running Minor Mission SM3.
22:42:11 Cannot create non-ai vehicle UAZ_UN_EP1,
23:05:31 [DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM1.
23:05:32 Cannot create non-ai vehicle V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP_DZ,

These were the two missions that spawned and both had no AI and no Box at them.

Vampire I hope you see this post lol

Dude, I really appreciate that. No one takes the trouble to post their entire log and it just helps so damn much. I see a few problems:

21:17:24 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\missions\any.sqf not found

This looks like your mission declaration needs to be cleaned up some. Post me your missionCfg.sqf and I'll fix it for you. It's trying to spawn a mission that doesn't exist and so it crashes out.

Also I see a metric shit ton of these errors:

21:04:43 taviana\silnice\semafor.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:46 ca\misc\piskoviste.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:46 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:46 ca\misc\houpacka.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:47 taviana\budovy\rov_nam.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:48 taviana\budovy\roh_nam.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:48 taviana\budovy\rov_nam.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:48 taviana\budovy\rov_nam.p3d: house, config class missing
21:04:49 taviana\silnice\semafor.p3d: house, config class missing

Can someone confirm if this is normal for Tavi or does he have a problem on his server install?

My guess is you have an errant brace somewhere or one is missing. It's got to be right in the declaration part of the mission names, should be an easy fix. My email is agutgopostal at hotmail dot com if you want to trade files privately if you have trouble fixing it.

Can you maybe help us out as well...? I've been trying to find help but I feel like I'm running against a wall.

I thought since I was having the same issue but a little different it would be better to post on here rather than start another thread so everything could be kept together if anyone else has the same problem.

• 1 month later...

Problem is usually an array meaning like the skins you added for the AI or the vehicles you've added in for the missions. You might either have added in the wrong class name or messed up the array by missing a comma or something. 

I fixed my problem the other day by finding out I had _EP" in one of my class names for a vehicle instead of _EP1" 

That way when DZMS read the vehicle since it didn't exist that was where the problems were.

• 2 months later...