My nightmare with g-portal.de

GiantUnicorn

As a former owner running Dedicated DayZ Epoch servers for 7 months, player database shrunk around christmas, 1 month I go, I no longer saw the player amount I needed. Costs where running high and I needed to look for other solutions. I started looking into shared hosting.

I looked around the internet for reviews of server providers in EU that had gotten "good" reviews.

I ended up with g-portal.de

It was €26 for 50 slots non branded server ($36](payed it all, after one day they slap a  "monthly fee" for €1,22 which I also payed)

Server setup took about 6 hours.

And all was fine and dandy, until I started the server again and let the players join.

From hour one we got constant desyncs and server went down due to ddos attacks.

I contacted their support 1-2 times a day hoping for a fix to their problems, where I would always get a reply "Is it better now?"

Server was unplayable, they offered me to move me to another server which I accepted, hoping the problems would fix itself.

They didn't.

So, kept trying support for some more days. (server was unplayable at this moment)

Kept getting reply "Is it better now?"

As a last resource after 10 days, I wrote them a email asking them to fix their issues or give me my money back.

It took 3 days get an reply.

"We don't give refunds and there is no paypal buyer protection on virtual goods"

They then closed down my server. Sending me a new invoice for a whole month that I would have to pay to have my server "given" back.

I of course disputed this, sending them my paypal transaction id.

(Yes, I made a paypal dispute which I lost due to you having no buyer protection when you buy services online)

It was time to cut my losses and move on.

I found a new host.

Now, 25 days after I get threatened with Inkasso/Collection if I don't pay a invoice of €31 which will go after my credit rating in real life.

This is my story, to let you know about this company hosting Epoch mod.

___

Best regards

Martin aka GiantUnicorn

Here in the US, nothing can go on your credit rating without your social security number. Is there something similar in Europe or the country you live in? I'd assume that anything that goes on your credit rating would need to contain verified information, which I can't imagine you'd have had to provide to g-portal.de. As far as Paypal goes, I've won disputes over game servers in the past. I put it in as "item not as described", using the argument that I rented a server that is supposed to work properly and they didn't provide it. I've won on the one or two times I had to do that due to a company ripping me off. Good luck!

They now claim they lost the paypal dispute and hence they want their money

Not as described - Claim - #PP-003-014-406-418

Disputed Amount:
  • €26,00 EUR

Buyer reason(s):
  • Missing Parts
Status

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

My clan was rented bf3 server from g-portal.de, than changed to bf4 in 3 month period. I paid with my paypal but the others left the clan before 6 months. I cant pay alone and signed to the support before starting the new period. Its a pre paying service, I signed the fact a couple of days before the end. I asked to cancell service, I cant pay, and dont start a new period. They denied because it was said I had to cancel 1 months before. Its ridiculous, I asked before I started to use and they already claim the money for other 3 months!!! Its an unfair company and so bothering. They claim money for nothing. If i dont wanna renew I cant stop and cancell service just if I signed this one months before. Jesus man, this is a pre paying service, I pay before I start to use. If I dont want to use why must I pay??? 

They said they will send inkasso...

Dont know what should I do? I cant pay and I wont pay for a service what I cancelled and havent used...

Yeah I know that now, but if I had known it  before :(

I dont know what can they do? They are in other country, the will send incasso.

I'm arguing with "Geschäftsführer" but what they want is so unfair!!! They want me  to pay 3 months, they just will cancell the service on july 27. I've cancelled on april 27, but they said I had to cancell on month before. Pfff...the server was paid till end of march. 

First off, no company can pull money from your PayPal account. It sounds like you had a Paypal subscription set up and it sent the money for the second three month period. You should have gone into Paypal and cancelled the subscription.

Secondly, put in a Paypal dispute. I've gotten ripped off by several server companies and every time I submitted a Paypal dispute, I won and got my money back.