Adding Custom Towns/Compounds & Custom Map Markers - DayZ Overwatch

GallardoAdsy

Hello,

I currently own a DayZ Overwatch server. I have played on several servers with added or modified towns/compounds, and loved them. So I decided to make some and put them in my server.

I have followed MANY tutorials on it, and it just doesn't seem to work. I have the code converted from a .biedi but when I put it into my mission.sqm it breaks my server.

Any tutorials or help would be great.

Also, I have the exact code from a friend who is a scripter on another Overwatch server and his Custom Map Waypoints/Markers do not work on my server - any help on that too?

Thank you.

converted from a .biedi

Thats the problem. You need to edit the .sqf and change it so you remove the ai, center, group. and then you add this at the top:

if (isServer) then {

and then at the bottom, remove the last three lines and add this:

};

Then in the init near the bottom add this:

[] execVM "Buildings\(Name Goes Here).sqf";

And then make a folder called "Buildings" and add the .sqf into that folder

Thats the problem. You need to edit the .sqf and change it so you remove the ai, center, group. and then you add this at the top:

if (isServer) then {

and then at the bottom, remove the last three lines and add this:

};

Then in the init near the bottom add this:

[] execVM "Buildings\(Name Goes Here).sqf";

And then make a folder called "Buildings" and add the .sqf into that folder

Thank you - I will try this out.

ok, in your mission.pbo. open the mission.sqm.

find the class markers around line 1177 and will look like this ( the number will varie depending on what map your running)

class Markers
    {
        items=24;

up the number by 1. so in this example is will now be   items=25 after you up yours;

go to the end of this section and add

class Item23                                                          // change the number here so it is 1 less than the number you have just adjusted at the start (reason for this is it counts 0 as a number)             
        {
            position[]={529.322,0.001,373.941};         // add your coords here,  your have to swap the last 2 axis around. this coord was oringally 529.322,373.941,0.001
            name="survivorcity";                              // add marker name here (this is not the name shown on the map)
            text="Survivor City";                              // map text here
            type="mil_circle";                                  // type of marker, only 2 i use are mil_circle and mil_dot
            colorName="Colorred";                       // colour here  colorred colorblack  (not sure what other colours work
        };

make sure the end of this section if finished correctly like this

class Item22
        {
            position[]={2247.085,35.5191,9473.3262};
            name="IslandVehiclePartsVendors";
            text="Mello Vehicle/Parts Vendors";
            type="mil_circle";
            colorName="ColorBrown";
        };
        class Item23
        {
            position[]={529.322,0.001,373.941};                                    //your added map marker
            name="survivorcity";
            text="Survivor City";
            type="mil_circle";
            colorName="Colorred";
        };

};
    class Sensors

repack and upload

find the class markers around line 1177 and will look like this ( the number will varie depending on what map your running)

class Markers

{

items=24;

up the number by 1. so in this example is will now be   items=25 after you up yours;

class Item23                                                          // change the number here so it is 1 less than the number you have just adjusted at the start (reason for this is it counts 0 as a number)             

{

position[]={529.322,0.001,373.941};         // add your coords here,  your have to swap the last 2 axis around. this coord was oringally 529.322,373.941,0.001

name="survivorcity";                              // add marker name here (this is not the name shown on the map)

type="mil_circle";                                  // type of marker, only 2 i use are mil_circle and mil_dot

colorName="Colorred";                       // colour here  colorred colorblack  (not sure what other colours work

};

class Item22

{

type="mil_circle";

colorName="ColorBrown";

};

class Item23

{

position[]={529.322,0.001,373.941};                                    //your added map marker

name="survivorcity";

text="Survivor City";

type="mil_circle";

colorName="Colorred";

};

};

class Sensors

repack and upload

Yep. I have both of them lines of code, and did this exactly. However like when I have done the same before, I get stuck on Wait For Host. :/

Call a file from your init.sqf:

[] execVM "scripts\mapmarkers\FILENAME.sqf";

Then inside the file add your marker:

//Marker on Map
_MARKERNAME = createMarker ["MARKERNAME", [6611.9756, 14201.991]];
_MARKERNAME setMarkerText "Put in anything you want here";
_MARKERNAME setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_MARKERNAME setMarkerType "Flag";
_MARKERNAME setMarkerColor "ColorPink";
_MARKERNAME setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_MARKERNAME setMarkerSize [230, 180];
MARKERNAME = _MARKERNAME ;

• 2 weeks later...

Call a file from your init.sqf:

[] execVM "scripts\mapmarkers\FILENAME.sqf";

Then inside the file add your marker:

//Marker on Map
_MARKERNAME = createMarker ["MARKERNAME", [6611.9756, 14201.991]];
_MARKERNAME setMarkerColor "ColorPink";

EDIT -

Thanks a lot, this works perfectly.

I have now added all the Markers in correctly.

Now, how do you give the Marker an actual name so people can see what it is called on the map?

The marker is just a rectangle (or whatever shape) with no text or name on the in game map.

That should handle text on the marker.

I have done that, I get nothing on my Map.

Code - 

//Marker on Map 4
_MARKERNAME = createMarker ["Woodbury Camp", [3000.0001,8860.0002]];
_MARKERNAME setMarkerText "Woodbury Camp";
_MARKERNAME setMarkerColor "ColorBlue";

Wow, no one seems to know how to do this, yet I've seen plenty of servers with custom markers. Where you guys at?

First off, putting the marker in a separate file seems to only call for the first person that connects to the server. Anyone after that, they don't see the markers.

Second, I get the same thing when I edit the SQM file, it causes the server to err and crash on load. Here's my case for comparison:

The people who are responding, have you actually done this? Have you gotten it to work? Because I've seen quite a few people with the same issues getting the same suggestions and the ones I've seen aren't resolving these issues. There's got to be a way to edit the SQM file without it causing issues. I'm guessing that some of the variables in that file are being called elsewhere in another file and maybe that's what's causing it to crash?

I'm thinking that if you simply add things to the SQM file, it may be fine. But I've tried changing the existing ones and it errors out no matter what I do.

Yep. I have both of them lines of code, and did this exactly. However like when I have done the same before, I get stuck on Wait For Host. :/

That's what was happening to me as well. I'm not sure how things work if you're using a host provider since I'm running a dedicated server, but mine threw an error and named the line that threw the error. It was a line from the first sensor, and all I had done is change the name of the trader, location of sensor, and the radius number.

• 2 months later...

class Markers

{

items=24;

{

};

class Item22

{

type="mil_circle";

colorName="ColorBrown";

};

class Item23

{

name="survivorcity";

text="Survivor City";

type="mil_circle";

colorName="Colorred";

};

};

class Sensors

repack and upload

carl101,

Thank you for this, clear & concise. Tested, it works for the 1st joiner and 2nd joiner to the server so it is working just fine. Post liked!

First thread I started:

Second post in different forum after I gave up on changing SQM:

As Brockie advised in the other thread, and Carl advised in this thread - don't create new files.

Just edit the default mission.sqm << tested & working for 1st joiner and 2nd joiner (and possibly for the rest of the server).

If I had seen this a while ago, I could have also helped. I've created my own trader city on Panthera, it's conveniently in the middle of the map at Ukanc. I've made a tutorial on how to add it to your server. If anyone's interested, here's the post: