Best Place to Loot for Combo Locks

DrScandalous

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My server has custom loot, so combo locks and lockboxes have a slight chance to spawn in residentials, similar to half cinder walls and cinder doorways to spawn in industrial areas.  also edited traders to have them for sale, but pricey(6 10oz gold).

Solnichny factory is a boss place to farm for combo locks. There is also 3 barns in the area where you get a lot of sledge hammers and also chances for chainsaws. The blue door building also drops cinder locks and mortar. Overall this place is amazing for everything bar medical loot.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying for a week to find one. Finally found one at grid 062076 (an large indutrial silo on Napf) when a zombie in a jumpsuit / one piece crawled at my feet in the blue door building. The strange part is it took a week to find and when I killed that zombie I had a wall with doorway in my inventory... makes me wonder if that influenced it to spawn.

Good luck finding one

update: 062076 industrial site on Napf

Since my last post I found 3 combo locks at this site. I decided to build in the blue door building after finding one combo lock... not long after I have 3 combo locks, I found the last two off of consecutive zombie bodies. I'm not sure what i'm doing right but i'll keep going to see if my luck continues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Location is not the deciding factor but it does SEEM TO increase the chance of a worker zombie dropping a combination lock, I know this is going to be met with many people telling me the chances are the same and that it is just because there is more of them, but I have done numerous tests on this same issue, and I find that when I am in highly industrial areas and/or capital cities, I have a much higher rare drop to kill ratio.

I can end up killing hundreds of workers across the map without any luck, move to an industrial area and within the same amount of zombies, I have managed to get a few dropped, I would say this seems to be the case the vast majority of the time, and never to my memory been the other way round.

The Location is not the deciding factor but it does SEEM TO increase the chance of a worker zombie dropping a combination lock, I know this is going to be met with many people telling me the chances are the same and that it is just because there is more of them, but I have done numerous tests on this same issue, and I find that when I am in highly industrial areas and/or capital cities, I have a much higher rare drop to kill ratio.

I can end up killing hundreds of workers across the map without any luck, move to an industrial area and within the same amount of zombies, I have managed to get a few dropped, I would say this seems to be the case the vast majority of the time, and never to my memory been the other way round.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I've pulled them off a single solitary worker zombie that spawned from a shed behind a house. If you look at the code there is nothing in it that would be influenced by location. Zombie spawns, zombie dies, RND generated loot based off zombie loot table. No opportunity for location to influence it other than the factor you mentioned, more zombies of that type spawning and so more chances at the loot drop.