What do I need to do... server working but...

Novuhz

Question

Ok so my server has been up for a few days now but it seems that my server does not show up on the DayZ Commander list until someone adds the IP to the favorites.

I found out that my server never shows up in http://arma2.swec.se/server/list as well... so that might be the reason why people can't see my server in DayZ Commander, but if you search for my server name in the game browser server list you can find it fine... strange...

How can I fix this?

11 answers to this question

is it not something to do with the host name? 

On Dayz.St it says this 

Please be aware that DayZCommander uses the hostname to determine mod versions and settings, if you change the default name please keep it as close to the default as you can to maintain DayZCommander compatibility.

Dunno if it helps you or not

hostName = "Epoch [AI Missions|Refuel|Repair|Rearm|SelfBloodbag|Custom Cities|TraderSafeZone|BE=ON] (1.0.4/103718) Hosted by Novuhz";

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

This is how it looks.

Should I change something in these 2?

Could it be a firewall issue? Blocking the outgoing/incoming request from the server browser? I don't know what ports you opened or what is needed to be opened for it to be "seen".

Wouldn't that mean people wouldn't be able to see me in the in-game multiplayer server browser list?

Anyways this is what I have open -

Protocolo    Intervalo de portas    Converter em...    Protocolo de trigger    Porta de transição    

TCP        2302 - 2302        2302 - 2302        -        -

UDP        2302 - 2302        2302 - 2302        -        -

TCP        2303 - 2303        2303 - 2303        -        -

UDP        2303 - 2303        2303 - 2303        -        -

TCP        2305 - 2305        2305 - 2305        -        -

UDP        2305 - 2305        2305 - 2305        -        -

Do I need to open something else? or remove anything from there? What port do I have to open to let arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com put me in the list? or should I try a different ReportingIP=xxxxx?

or do I need to add this to launch parameters: -ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -port=2302???

This is how my bat server file looks:

@echo off

start dayzbec.bat

echo

start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

from the dayz mod website;

DayZ server requires the following ports open to UDP network traffic. TCP is not needed.

port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.
port+1 2303 UDP Gamespy public server reporting.
port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.

So I think you have them covered.