Right Click/Change View Distance with RangeFinders

Friendly

This allows you to right click your range finders and change your view distance for those who get low fps!

Warning: Some people might have a advantage over others with this script!

I do NOT take credit for anything other than the small changes to the file. Some of the script was done by Maca134 and GeekGarage.

Requirements:

- Install Maca134's right click script - http://epochservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13

Then in the Extra_RC.hpp put the following!

http://pastebin.com/CNnCFG3p

Now you should be done and just repack and upload to your server.

sry to say but i think it's taste less not to link to Maca137's post about the right click system. give proper credit dude. Also this would not work, as you are missing some important steps from his post

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4834-add-right-click-options-to-items/

Ya sorry forgot about that guy, I use his script for a lot of things on my server, updated the post and sorry if that made anyone mad it was not meant to.

instead of having it as a seperate script just add this to your extra_rc

class Binocular_Vector  {
		class distance400m {
			text = "400 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400');";
		};
		class distance600m {
			text = "600 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 600; systemChat('ViewDistance: 600');";
		};
		class distance800m {
			text = "800 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 800; systemChat('ViewDistance: 800');";
		};
		class distance1000m {
			text = "1000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 1000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1000');";
		};
		class distance1250m {
			text = "1250 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 1250; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1250');";
		};
		class distance1500m {
			text = "1500 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 1500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1500');";
		};
		class distance2000m {
			text = "2000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');";
		};
		class distance3000m {
			text = "3000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');";
		};
		class distance5000m {
			text = "5000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 5000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 5000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');";
		};
	};
	class Binocular {
		class distance400m {
			text = "400 Meters";
		};
		class distance600m {
			text = "600 Meters";
		};
		class distance800m {
			text = "800 Meters";
		};
		class distance1000m {
			text = "1000 Meters";
		};
		class distance1250m {
			text = "1250 Meters";
		};
		class distance1500m {
			text = "1500 Meters";
		};
		class distance2000m {
			text = "2000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');";
		};
		class distance3000m {
			text = "3000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');";
		};
		class distance5000m {
			text = "5000 Meters";
			script = "setViewDistance 5000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 5000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');";
		};
	};

class viewdistanceTitle {
			text = "View Distance:";
			script = "systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');";
		};
		class distance400m {
			text = "400 Meters";
		};
		class distance600m {
			text = "600 Meters";
		};
		class distance800m {
			text = "800 Meters";
		};
		class distance1000m {
			text = "1000 Meters";
		};
		class distance1250m {
			text = "1250 Meters";
		};
		class distance1500m {
			text = "1500 Meters";
		};
		class distance2000m {
			text = "2000 Meters";
		};
		class distance3000m {
			text = "3000 Meters";
		};
		class distance5000m {
			text = "5000 Meters";
		};
	};
	class Binocular {
			script = "systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');";
		};
		class distance400m {
			text = "400 Meters";
		};
		class distance600m {
			text = "600 Meters";
		};
		class distance800m {
			text = "800 Meters";
		};
		class distance1000m {
			text = "1000 Meters";
		};
		class distance1250m {
			text = "1250 Meters";
		};
		class distance1500m {
			text = "1500 Meters";
		};
		class distance2000m {
			text = "2000 Meters";
		};
		class distance3000m {
			text = "3000 Meters";
		};
		class distance5000m {
			text = "5000 Meters";
		};
	};

[update] This one now have a title in the menu that will give a system message explaining what it is

• 2 months later...

Hey,

im pretty new to all this - so can someone please explain me how to get this to work? I cant find a file called "extra_rc.hpp" in my mission.

About a week ago i had this script working on my server, without the maca right click script - i found a tutorial somewhere on the web that i cant find anymore.

But yeah.. i had to reinstall the Server because i messed up big time - and forgot to make a backup of this!

Hope you  can help me set this up :)

Hey,

im pretty new to all this - so can someone please explain me how to get this to work? I cant find a file called "extra_rc.hpp" in my mission.

About a week ago i had this script working on my server, without the maca right click script - i found a tutorial somewhere on the web that i cant find anymore.

But yeah.. i had to reinstall the Server because i messed up big time - and forgot to make a backup of this!

I'm setting it up right now. Currently the altered dayz_code.pbo I made the changes to are now kicking players out due to the whole BIsign thing with the key files I'm assuming. I did something wrong, just describing how I suspect I screwed up in case...

Anyway. Just finished reverting to the backup dayz_code.pbo.

After I finish making sure I didn't do any irrepairable damage, I'll take another crack at it and give ya any help I can offer

I'm setting it up right now. Currently the altered dayz_code.pbo I made the changes to are now kicking players out due to the whole BIsign thing with the key files I'm assuming. I did something wrong, just describing how I suspect I screwed up in case...

Anyway. Just finished reverting to the backup dayz_code.pbo.

After I finish making sure I didn't do any irrepairable damage, I'll take another crack at it and give ya any help I can offer

You dont want to change anything in the dayz_code.pbo, you want to copy files form it and alter them in your mission.pbo so that clients that join the server download the files and can use the edited files.

Hey,

Do not forget to enclose the code with the class.

ExtraRc class {

code

};

• 5 months later...

Bringing up a old topic, but , how do I make this into a script I can execute instead of using Extra_RC.hpp?

added to scroll menu here..

in init.sqf add at bottom

[] execVM "custom\setview\setview_activate.sqf";

place setview folder in custom folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phk2xrfbl5zxkbk/setview.rar?dl=0

only requirement is player is not moving...

Bringing up a old topic, but , how do I make this into a script I can execute instead of using Extra_RC.hpp?

if you use 

instead of macca's extraRc

overwrites\click_actions\config.sqf

];  // at bottom after this
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","View Distance:","systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","400 Meters","setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","600 Meters","setViewDistance 600; systemChat('ViewDistance: 600'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","800 Meters","setViewDistance 800; systemChat('ViewDistance: 800'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1000 Meters","setViewDistance 1000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1250 Meters","setViewDistance 1250; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1250'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1500 Meters","setViewDistance 1500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1500'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1750 Meters","setViewDistance 1750; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1750'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","2000 Meters","setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","3000 Meters","setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","4000 Meters","setViewDistance 4000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 4000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","5000 Meters","setViewDistance 5000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 5000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","View Distance:","systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","400 Meters","setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","600 Meters","setViewDistance 600; systemChat('ViewDistance: 600'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","800 Meters","setViewDistance 800; systemChat('ViewDistance: 800'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1000 Meters","setViewDistance 1000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1250 Meters","setViewDistance 1250; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1250'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1500 Meters","setViewDistance 1500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1500'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1750 Meters","setViewDistance 1750; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1750'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","2000 Meters","setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","3000 Meters","setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","4000 Meters","setViewDistance 4000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 4000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","5000 Meters","setViewDistance 5000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 5000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];

if you use 

DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","View Distance:","systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","400 Meters","setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","600 Meters","setViewDistance 600; systemChat('ViewDistance: 600'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","800 Meters","setViewDistance 800; systemChat('ViewDistance: 800'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1000 Meters","setViewDistance 1000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1250 Meters","setViewDistance 1250; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1250'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1500 Meters","setViewDistance 1500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1500'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","1750 Meters","setViewDistance 1750; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1750'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","2000 Meters","setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","3000 Meters","setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","4000 Meters","setViewDistance 4000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 4000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular_Vector","5000 Meters","setViewDistance 5000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 5000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","View Distance:","systemChat('Change View Distance Locally. Click on one of the distance options');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","400 Meters","setViewDistance 400; systemChat('ViewDistance: 400'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","600 Meters","setViewDistance 600; systemChat('ViewDistance: 600'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","800 Meters","setViewDistance 800; systemChat('ViewDistance: 800'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1000 Meters","setViewDistance 1000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1250 Meters","setViewDistance 1250; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1250'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1500 Meters","setViewDistance 1500; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1500'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","1750 Meters","setViewDistance 1750; systemChat('ViewDistance: 1750'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","2000 Meters","setViewDistance 2000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 2000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","3000 Meters","setViewDistance 3000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 3000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","4000 Meters","setViewDistance 4000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 4000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];
DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS = DZE_CLICK_ACTIONS + [["Binocular","5000 Meters","setViewDistance 5000; systemChat('ViewDistance: 5000'); systemChat('Warning: Higher the view distance Lower the FPS');","true"]];

if you use 

Thankyou very much Calamity!@!@!@!@!@!@!@ lifesaver :)

• 2 months later...

Im kinda new to this who coding/scripting thing, but im trying to add this fantastic script to my server, however i do not know what im doing wrong. I followed the instructions, i installed macas right click without any trouble. If someone could go Noobanese on my ass and explain exactly how to install this step by step, i would greatly appreciate it. 

Im kinda new to this who coding/scripting thing, but im trying to add this fantastic script to my server, however i do not know what im doing wrong. I followed the instructions, i installed macas right click without any trouble. If someone could go Noobanese on my ass and explain exactly how to install this step by step, i would greatly appreciate it. 

There is only two steps. Install Maca's right click and you say you have done that. Then paste this large chunk of text : 

};
                class distance400m {
                        text = "400 Meters";
                };
                class distance600m {
                        text = "600 Meters";
                };
                class distance800m {
                        text = "800 Meters";
                };
                class distance1000m {
                        text = "1000 Meters";
                };
                class distance1250m {
                        text = "1250 Meters";
                };
                class distance1500m {
                        text = "1500 Meters";
                };
                class distance2000m {
                        text = "2000 Meters";
                };
                class distance3000m {
                        text = "3000 Meters";
                };
        };
        class Binocular {
                };
                class distance400m {
                        text = "400 Meters";
                };
                class distance600m {
                        text = "600 Meters";
                };
                class distance800m {
                        text = "800 Meters";
                };
                class distance1000m {
                        text = "1000 Meters";
                };
                class distance1250m {
                        text = "1250 Meters";
                };
                class distance1500m {
                        text = "1500 Meters";
                };
                class distance2000m {
                        text = "2000 Meters";
                };
                class distance3000m {
                        text = "3000 Meters";
                };
        };

into extra_rc.hpp

Simple :)