[How To/Update] Build Snap with Right Click custom build, admin fast build + upgrade Version 1.6.5 IMPORTANT UPDATE: extra_rc

It should be straightforward calamity.

Do you get an error in your .rpt file ?

Have you added this new class within a class like partGeneric as follows ?

class PartPlywoodPack {
        class woodRampDouble {
            text = "Wood Ramp Double-Ended";
            script = "[""Land_prebehlavka"",[""ItemToolbox""],[[""PartPlywoodPack"", 2],[""PartPlankPack"", 2],[""ItemGoldBar"", 1]],[0,5,0.45]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };        
    };

With this right clicking on a Plywood Pack will give an option to construct a wood ramp.

I can take a look at your extra_rc.sqf if you like.

I only changed the name of the buildable  from scaffoldlow to MBG_Cinderwall

then added MBG_Cinderwall_5_InEditor to variables

class ItemPole {
		class milWatchMedium {
            text = "Small Watch Tower";
            script = "[""Land_vez"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool"",""ItemCrowbar"",""ItemSledge""],[[""PartGeneric"", 1],[""ItemPole"", 1]],[0,4,4.6]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };
		class metalWatchTower {
            text = "Medium Watch Tower";
            script = "[""Land_radar_EP1"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool"",""ItemCrowbar"",""ItemSledge""],[[""PartGeneric"", 1],[""ItemPole"", 1],[""CinderBlocks"", 1]],[0,4.5,6.7]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };
		class lightWatchTower {
            text = "High Watch Tower (Light)";
            script = "[""Land_Ind_IlluminantTower"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool"",""ItemCrowbar"",""ItemSledge""],[[""PartGeneric"", 1],[""ItemPole"", 1],[""ItemLightBulb"", 1],[""CinderBlocks"", 1]],[0,3,10]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };
		class stopBoom {
            text = "STOP Gate";
            script = "[""ZavoraAnim"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool""],[""PartGeneric"", 1],[[""ItemPole"", 1]],[0,3,4.4]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };
	class MBG_Cinderwall {
            text = "Large MBG_Cinderwall";
            script = "[""MBG_Cinderwall_5_InEditor"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool""],[""PartGeneric"", 1],[[""ItemPole"", 1]],[""PartWoodPlywood"", 1]],[0,2,0.4]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };
		class scaffoldHigh {
            text = "High Scaffold";
            script = "[""MAP_leseni4x"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemEtool""],[""PartGeneric"", 1],[[""ItemPole"", 1]],[""PartWoodPlywood"", 1],[""ItemWoodLadder"", 1]],[0,3,3.87]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
        };
	};

At first glance it looks ok. Can you say more about the issue you have ?

Is the 'Large MBG Cinderwall' given as a choice when you right click on metal poles ?

If so, are you certain you have the correct item code for the structure ?

I can try this on our test server as well if you get stuck and see if the .rpt file gives a clue about the problem.

At first glance it looks ok. Can you say more about the issue you have ?

Is the 'Large MBG Cinderwall' given as a choice when you right click on metal poles ?

If so, are you certain you have the correct item code for the structure ?

I can try this on our test server as well if you get stuck and see if the .rpt file gives a clue about the problem.

yes it shows up in the metal pole right click but nothing happens I click and it does nothing.

as far as RPT goes I switched to vilayer and it has like 6 different rpt files all with different times but not near the now time..

the name in editor is "MBG_Cinderwall_5_InEditor

so thats the name I try to use

I just think the "MBG_Cinderwall_5_InEditor is alot better looking and would like to add it. if possible

I am running a napf epoch server..

this + = win

he has the context menues you need for this because adding so many objects to right click can become just a huge list(s) on items , and you have the ability to define costs and integrated with snap that the other is missing ... dreams?

lol would love if you could incoporate the way he does his menus

As i've stated before i'm not working on any scripts or updating any scripts. i've moved away from arma 2 mods so if any one wants to pick this up, update, rewrite or anything alike please do so

Also please stop contact me regarding help to update, get script fragments, og get help to do server install.

Thank you for all the fun we had but for me epoch for ArmA 2 is dead and not worth spending my time on. Thx to the Devs for a great mod.

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't work for me building disappears soon as it's placed, followed every step even the allowed object i checked that like 10 times now.

Any help would be great

I'm having a very similar issue as well. Had the script working great for a while now, but now some of the objects disappear on placement (for both admin and non-admin), yet, some other objects seem to work jsut fine.

Would you consider adding this into the epoch admin tools? If not do you mind if I do so? This could be a real help for admins to modify their server as they see fit to make their server unique and integrating everything they need into a single tool is the best way to go about it. For my personal tool I put everything inside the tool rather than have multiple scroll options. If you aren't comfortable with adding it to the tool i could simply make a tutorial to integrate it with the tool if the players want it.

I have added Origins buildings into my right click options, works perfectly. However soon as the building has been placed I get kicked by infistar for "purchasing without a trader (s)". Any ideas on how to fix this?

actually this is easy to fix, in the AHconfig file there is an option to check if by trader before buying, simply turn this to false. 

Sorry for dumb question. But what exactly does this script do? add more things to build? snap with right click on the gear item? what exactly is admin fast build?

The OP didnt have much description. 

Sorry for dumb question. But what exactly does this script do? add more things to build? snap with right click on the gear item? what exactly is admin fast build?

The OP didnt have much description. 

This script is to allow players to place objects (deer stand, buildings, scaffolding, etc) using a item such as a tool box or anything you choice using a right click option. Whatever item you choice to use for the player to place you implement requirements such as gold, silver, vehicle parts, etc. 

To get this to work with 1.0.5.1... Basically you have to do a full redirect of all the old Snap_build files. For instance mine are.

//Extra Buildables
player_build =               compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf";
player_buildcontrols =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_buildcontrols.sqf";
snap_object =               compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\snap_object.sqf";

To get this to work with 1.0.5.1... Basically you have to do a full redirect of all the old Snap_build files. For instance mine are.

//Extra Buildables
player_build =               compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf";
player_buildcontrols =  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_buildcontrols.sqf";
snap_object =               compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\snap_object.sqf";

As the issue I am having is not directing where the files are but that the sqf files are out of date for 1.0.5.1, would you mind sharing your current files if they are working for you. Mainly this would save people time. Thank in advance