Bloodsuckers 100% Working - All Maps - Release *TBC*

bsmaff

Question

After posting that I had Bloodsuckers working on Namalsk, but I have now managed to get them working on other maps.

I will release the code when I have perfected it and got it working with various AI addons and most importantly.

I WILL ONLY RELEASE WHEN I HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THE FILES ON ALL MAPS....

Here is a short video showing them working and running on my Chernarus test server.

Since I will be closing down my servers very soon..

I will be releasing my mission and server files for both Chernarus and Namalsk and also be releasing the mod I created for my server.

I will also release all the absolute hardcore AI objectives I created and map additions.

Since I will be closing down my servers very soon..

I will be releasing my mission and server files for both Chernarus and Namalsk and also be releasing the mod I created for my server.

I will also release all the absolute hardcore AI objectives I created and map additions.

When You will upload the files?

not when you run a namalsk server.

If you run any other map, you need the skins, so you need the client to have additional files

Its possible to share the files for clients via the mission file? So all clients can see the Bloodsuckers?

I know its not only to put the skins in a folder and its done, but maybe we can get it to work?

would be cool if that could work somehow.

i still try out to find all files what are needed to get them to work on other maps.

For now i got some of them:

SKINS: ns_mutants/blood

SOUNDS: ns_sounds/mutants/bloodsucker

and in front of me the dayz_code from Namalsk, but i dont know which files i need from there.

Well i will quest Sumrak first for the Permission maybe he will help us out with this.

Why couldn't you just run an Overpoch/Namalsk server that runs a chernarus map? Just add the items you want from Namalsk into the DB and write the bloodsucker mod into the mission.pbo, seems simple to me however if it was that simple I'd figure other people would have done it by now so what am I missing? I am planning on doing this soon.

Why couldn't you just run an Overpoch/Namalsk server that runs a chernarus map? Just add the items you want from Namalsk into the DB and write the bloodsucker mod into the mission.pbo, seems simple to me however if it was that simple I'd figure other people would have done it by now so what am I missing? I am planning on doing this soon.

Because it's elaborate and it takes some fidgeting with files. And players will get confused as fuck ;)

Because it's elaborate and it takes some fidgeting with files. And players will get confused as fuck ;)

Well if the mod is written to the mission pbo, then all players need to do is have namalsk written into their launch parameters. Granted for your average new guy player that may indeed be confusing but hopefully not so hard that they give up. What do you think would be eleborate about it? I mean if you installed namalsk on your server, replaced the dayz_code.pbo of namalsk with the epoch daz_code.pbo, put the namalsk bikey into the keys folder I'd imagine that'd be it for the install, or is that too simplistic?

You should actually start a work in progress topic and ask the community to pitch in ideas trial and error there is alot of great mind's this is the second time in 2 years this guy said he would release

who know's could be written in to current ai package as a boss

Got an answer from Sumrak :D

yes, I am fine with that. The current implementation of bloodsuckers in DayZ Namalsk requires these things:
- ns_mutants and ns_modules pbo files
- modified building_spawnZombies.sqf script
- Land_bspawn class type objects placed where you want to get bloodsuckers spawned (the spawn accuracy is defined by the code inside building_spawnZombies)
- AI unit (idealy invincible with some disabled ai behaviours) called "sefik"
- the variable definition for dzn_ns_bloodsucker and dzn_ns_bloodsucker_den

Thats all I remember now and I think it should be all required :)
Hopefully this helps a bit, don't hesitate to contact me if any problems arises.

Sumrak

Hope this will help us a bit more :)

just so you guys know you can use DZAI go to the class names and add ns_bloodsucker to the array of AI its been working on my server but the only issue i have is after about an hour the server has an major fps drop im looking into other ways to get this working without fps drops.

also some issues in the past was if you use antihack the bloodsuckers would stay invisible and not decloak, i have contacted chris and he has kindly added the fix to  infistar (that was a few updates ago)

im thinking maybe the reason on the fps drop is coz i was spawning them in server side

I figured this out a while ago, I got bloodsuckers working perfectly on my chernarus map and I can get them working on any other map as well, anyone who wants to know how to do it can send me a PM, you don't have to wait for this guy to release it.

why don't you do everyone interested a favor and release it rather than have everyone PMing you?