Civilian server. Would it be possible ( easy )

Woodsman

Hi folks;

I was thinking of hosting a Dayz Epoch Server without military gear.

Giving the whole map a much more Civilian feel with the struggle being more about surviving hunger and the zeds with a limited supply of ammo, food and water.

Some bandit AI controlling a few cities In the north.

Maybe cut down on the number of traders, and the value of food raised.

I have hosted custom maps before to some limited success and was wondering if removing items and setting spawn values was a difficult task.

Can anyone give me a heads up on possible problems with my plan ?

Feel free to shoot down this idea in flames, cause if it ain't going to work I don't want to waste my money buying host.

or on the other hand if you have any ideas to offer up please do so.

Cheers

It's very easy. Edit the loot tables and remove all chances for military gear. Edit the traders so they don't sell food, military weapons, or anything else you don't want to include. You can also remove the traders very easily. It's definitely an interesting idea. You could also limit the vehicles to civilian vehicles.

Thanks for the feedback. Pm's to follow.

I tried a quick run using only civilian equipment on a normal epoch server. It was hard to ignore a vodnik I found but I started to value the smaller loot like mountain dews.

Encounters with Zeds became more intense not having a sd weapon. To the point where I was counting bullets.

All in all a very enjoyable and different epoch experience.

Let's see where we can take this idea.

I made a thread suggesting a very hardcore system a few months back, but it went unnoticed.

I would love to try a server like this....here are some of the suggestions I made in my version.

No new vehicles, just the old used cars available.

Bloodbagging only available from the medic guy at trader at a cost. It would be like needing to go to a hospital when you're injured.

Weapons available would be the hunting stuff like CZ550, Enfield and shotguns. I'd have AK's as the absolute best you could have but with a very rare spawn rate and very high price.

Air vehicles I would have removed completely or just have the light stuff like mozzies, again it would have a massive price tag.

I'm convinced a server like this would be very popular with the longstanding players that maybe bored of abundance of boys toys.

Hey folks;

I have a few days free till the end of the month.

If anyone is interested in helping with this civilian based server please PM me .

I need a code monkey we already have an offer of a server.

Lets make a server where you are working on your next meal not a Suv with chainguns?

Hey folks;

I have a few days free till the end of the month.

If anyone is interested in helping with this civilian based server please PM me .

I need a code monkey we already have an offer of a server.

Lets make a server where you are working on your next meal not a Suv with chainguns?

Hi Woods, just wanted to let you know this is a nice concept, I've actually changed the loot tables on my test server to get the gist of how this would feel, and its way different form normal Epoch Me and a few of my admins played for a while and we like it, if you get a server up let us know, nd well drop by, for now were keeping our server private :3

• 2 weeks later...

Since Woodsman has been playing on my server, I thought I'd mention that several weeks ago I set up a sever similar to this. The traders started with 0 stock and have been building their inventory with players selling stuff to them. The military loot in general has been lowered. Safes and plot poles can't be bought. You can find safes in office buildings and plot poles in industrial buildings. The only helis that spawn are Pooks, Mozzies and Gyrocopters. No airplanes spawn. Military vehicles with weapons do not spawn either. 

It's created a much slower paced game that requires you to really search for what you need. If you guys want to check it out, put this IP in your favorites in DayzCommander: 199.116.118.35:2802 or search for KillinZedz.