New spawn server info board and welcome message 1.0.6.1

I REALLY love the fact that players HAVE to press a continue button. We run a PvE server and even though it's in the title, splash screen, welcome message, and in various messages that pop up through out the day punks still like to claim that they had "no idea" that killing or stealing were against the rules. I have tried so many things that pop up and all but scream it in your face but this is one of the best I have seen. Yes, some will say they "didn't read" it but they had to look for the continue button didn't they? =3

I have a question in regards to the temp debug. Is there a way to make it stay up longer or remove it all together? I have edited your script very little (music was starting before the player was logged in so I moved it to start with the info board) and left the bottom alone. When I click continue the debug flashes on the side for what seems to be half a second. Can that be extended to, say, 2 minutes or just taken out? Thank you so much for posting this! I've been wanting something like it for so long!

Hey Asian,

What are the 2 variables at the end?

sound[]={intromusic.ogg,0.9,1}; 

((I Saw a previous post that you said dont edit it.  but i heard intro music on someones server, so i cracked open their PBO to see how it was done,  and they had the first # as 0.5, and it plays superloud.  so just curious what the variables are for, regardless if we shouldnt touch them or not.))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also:

_Time = 20; //Time before the welcome message pop up, and the time it takes before god mode is off
_TimeL = 6; //Time between the welcome message to the end message

This is in seconds, right?

Time - 20; Is that how long from the moment you spawn in till that welcome message pops up?

"time it takes before god mode is off" So soon as you spawn in God mode is on, and turns off 20 seconds later when the welcome message appears?

That mean the message stays up for 6 seconds??   can you make it so the player can click OK, or CLOSE, or Press "whatever key" to close it?

Edited by seeker619

Modified newspawn_execute.sqf

private ["_Time"];

//*********** CONFIG START ***********

_Time = 25;//Time before the welcome message pop up (Seconds)
servername = "FP Gaming.com"; //You server name
mess = true; //Show message when god mode is off

//*********** CONFIG END ***********

//God mode Start
waitUntil { alive player }; //Not working right when your spawn, starting before?
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_animalCheck"};
player_zombieCheck = {};
player_fired = {};
fnc_usec_damageHandler = {};
thePlayer removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
thePlayer addEventHandler ["handleDamage", {false}];
thePlayer allowDamage false;

sleep 2;

cutText ["","BLACK FADED"];

"Dayz Epoch" hintC parseText format ["
<t size='1.25' shadow='1'align='left' color='#ff8800'>Welcome to %1</t><br/>
<t size='.6' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'></t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Respect other players and the Admins.</t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Vehicles left at traders will be removed by Admin. Move it or lose it!!!!</t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>No base building in exisitng buildings.</t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>No Base Raiding. No Destroying Locked Vehicles.</t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Please no vehicles in mission zones until its clear of AI.</t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>No running AI over. Fight like a man!!!!!</t><br/>
<t size='1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>3 Hour restarts with plenty of warnings.</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFF00'>PVP only allowed in the PVP zone</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#33FF33'>www.fp-gaming.com</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FF0000'>WAIT A FEW SECONDS FOR THE SPAWN MENU</t><br/>",
(servername)];

sleep _Time;

titleFadeOut 1;

if ( mess ) then { systemChat ( "God mode off" ); };
player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";
player_fired = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_fired.sqf";
fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandler.sqf";
thePlayer addEventHandler ["handleDamage", {true}];
thePlayer allowDamage true;

//sleep 1;
waitUntil {!dialog};
systemChat ('Use your scroll wheel to select a spawn location!');
cutText ["                 \nUse your scroll wheel to select a spawn location!","PLAIN"];
execVM "Scripts\Newspawn\newspawn_main.sqf";

Works ok, probably could do with the code tidying up a bit.

Thnxs to Asian Kid for the original script.

Used this method to use only the location pick scroll menu... it didin't work. I respawn and it doesn't show it (neither the text nor the spawn pick menu).

Any help?

Hey Asian,

What are the 2 variables at the end?

sound[]={intromusic.ogg,0.9,1}; 

((I Saw a previous post that you said dont edit it.  but i heard intro music on someones server, so i cracked open their PBO to see how it was done,  and they had the first # as 0.5, and it plays superloud.  so just curious what the variables are for, regardless if we shouldnt touch them or not.))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also:

_Time = 20; //Time before the welcome message pop up, and the time it takes before god mode is off

This is in seconds, right?

Time - 20; Is that how long from the moment you spawn in till that welcome message pops up?

"time it takes before god mode is off" So soon as you spawn in God mode is on, and turns off 20 seconds later when the welcome message appears?

That mean the message stays up for 6 seconds??   can you make it so the player can click OK, or CLOSE, or Press "whatever key" to close it?

Yes seconds

That is the time for the messages not the info board

Its the delay between these 

_Message = format["Change me %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//Welcome message after the menu pops up 

_Ending = format["Change me %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//end message after god mode is off 

sure simply remove

player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf";
player_fired = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_fired.sqf";
fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandler.sqf";

//God mode Start
waitUntil { alive player }; //Not working right when your spawn, starting before?
player_zombieCheck = {};
player_fired = {};

and it should be fine

I cant get this script to work and i dont know why ... I have no error log in my RPT file..

Here is my spawn.sqf

private [ "_Message","_Time""_Ending","_TimeL"];
/*
         Start up menu made my Asian Kid
         plz credit me when needed
*/

/*
 *********** CONFIG START ***********
               (%1 is the players name don't change)
*/
_Message = format[Welcome to Braindeath-Gaming, %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//Welcome message after the menu pops up 
_Ending = format["Good Luck, %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//end message after god mode is off 
_Time = 30; //Time before the welcome message pop up, and the time it takes before god mode is off
_TimeL = 8; //Time between the welcome message to the end message
servername = "Braindeath-Gaming"; //You server name
mess = true; //Show message when god mode is off
/*
 *********** CONFIG END ***********
*/

//God mode Start
player_zombieCheck = {};
player_fired = {};

sleep 4;

/*
        YOU CAN EDIT HERE
        Make sure to edit in the >xxxx<
*/
<t size='.7' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'></t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'Server Admins: Icey and Wozza</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Server MODS: Wicked AI Missions | Deploy Bike and Mozzie | Indestructible Base | No Trash Loot | Repair/Refuel/Rearm | Hidden Mili. Bases | Self BB | Save TradeZone | Selectable Spawnpoint and MORE!</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Server Language is German or English !</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Admins aren't giving Weapons, Keys or anything out, watch your slots!</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'></t>No Admin Support over sidechat<br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Respect the server rules otherwise you'll get banned!</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'></t>Teamspeak: 134.255.217.249:2007<br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>Homepage: www.braindeath.enjin.com/</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'></t><br/>",
(servername)];

sleep _Time; 

cutText [_Message, "PLAIN DOWN"];

sleep _TimeL; 

cutText [_Ending, "PLAIN DOWN"];

This is not right 

_Message = format[Welcome to Braindeath-Gaming, %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//Welcome message after the menu pops up 
_Ending = format["Good Luck, %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//end message after god mode is off 

Need to be

_Message = format["Welcome to Braindeath-Gaming %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//Welcome message after the menu pops up 
_Ending = format["Good Luck %1 ",format["%1", name player]];//end message after god mode is off 

Still not working :(

Here is my init.sql ... my spawn.sql is in my mainfolder from the mission.pbo

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Custom Debug Monitor
[] execVM "custom_monitor.sqf";

//Custom Loadouts
[] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf";

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "spawn.sqf";}];
_playerMonitor =  [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; 

Still not working :(

Here is my init.sql ... my spawn.sql is in my mainfolder from the mission.pbo

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Custom Debug Monitor
[] execVM "custom_monitor.sqf";

//Custom Loadouts
[] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf";

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "spawn.sqf";}];
_playerMonitor =  [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; 

Try this

[] execVM "spawn.sqf"; 

• 1 month later...

Would there be any way to have the info board part of this script attached to a key bind, I already have intro credits but I have been looking for a way to implement some sort of "if (_dikCode == 0x43) then {" and have server rules/information displayed?

Would there be any way to have the info board part of this script attached to a key bind, I already have intro credits but I have been looking for a way to implement some sort of "if (_dikCode == 0x43) then {" and have server rules/information displayed?

Take this part

<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</t><br/>
<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>www.dayzfallendead.tk/</t><br/>",
(servername)];

Make another sqf file 

Then add this to the key you want it to be bidden to

[] execVM "XXXX\Info.sqf"; 

EX

if (_dikCode == 210) then {
		[]EvecVM "XXXX\Info.sqf";
};

Take this part

<t size='1.1' shadow='1'align='left' color='#FFFFFF'>www.dayzfallendead.tk/</t><br/>",
(servername)];

Make another sqf file 

EX

};

Thanks !

• 1 month later...

I didn't use the credits for this or the godmode stuff but you can see here I got some help for the info board and what I wanted to accomplish.

Take this part

(servername)];

Make another sqf file 

EX

};

I can confirm this is working and I can't think of any reasons why the rest of the script wouldn't.

I didn't use the credits for this or the godmode stuff but you can see here I got some help for the info board and what I wanted to accomplish.

I can confirm this is working and I can't think of any reasons why the rest of the script wouldn't.

Is there a list of keys I can use somewhere? What did your replace "xxxx" with?