The coming new ZOO [WIP]

Hello,

here can you see the buildingprocess of the new mapcontent. Its a Zoo. The Zoo will be locate at Oberdorf. 

At this point there are the first three Models are ready to use in Visitor. Momentary i am working on the Icbear-vivarium. I hope, i will finish the zoo before the next Epoch Update will come.

Here the first pictures of the first vivarium:

vivarium.jpg

Front:

vivarium_front.jpg

Back:

vivarium_back.jpg

Inside:

vivarium_inside.jpg

Overview from the first place inside the zoo. In the background, you will see the icebear-vivarium in building process.

zoo_01.jpg

Here is a little video from the Model in the map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY49SOsBzoY&feature=youtu.be

More Infos from the new Mapcontent will come soon.

regards

Are you able to add animals to the zoo and maybe have a chance they escape. Would be cool if the lions etc could kill players etc

The idea behind the zoo is exactly that! But not Lions. I think at retextured shepards to a wolf that walks around into the zoo area and try to kill players. Eventually comes the Icebear or a bear  to this scenario. but i dont know how to handle the scripts for the pets to kill players.

Next, i think about some alarmssounds to alert Zombis and Pets or to insert some undead pets.

but thats only a idea! Eventually can  someone from the Epoch devs help to programm this script, Can you?

regards

Greetings,

I noticed that the trash piles and barricades are not lootable on the Sauerland map. Also, the rust out vehicle hulks cannot be salvaged. Is that normal.

Great map by the way. I started an Epoch server for it about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

Greetings,

I noticed that the trash piles and barricades are not lootable on the Sauerland map. Also, the rust out vehicle hulks cannot be salvaged. Is that normal.

Great map by the way. I started an Epoch server for it about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

here a little update of the buildingprocess from the new zoo.

A new model is done. The Birds Cage / Birds house:

birdhouse.jpg

Next: Snakehouse/ Terarium:

snakehouse_front.jpg

Snakehouse inside:

snakehouse_inside.jpg

the Apehouse:

apehouse.jpg

Apehouse front:

apehouse_front.jpg

Apehouse animal playground:

apehouse_playground.jpg

More models and infos from the new zoo will coming soon.

regards

i remeber a german electro musik combo called "scooter", they had a song where they sing "Respect to the man in the ice cream van" :D

it was in the middle or past 90's i think.

back to topic. this looks very well, and if you get it to brink some bad animals alive it would be an awesome experience. Good job!

Hello,

i had to rework the Snakehouse and Birdcage. This two Models has crashed ARMA. So, i have created new Models.

All  Models are at this time empty, the Interieur will build in as seperate Models

The New Snakehouse/Terrarium:

new_terrarium.jpg

the New Meerkat terrain / Cage:

FRONT:

meerkat_front.jpg

BACK:

meerkat_back.jpg

The new Pizza Van:

pizzavan.jpg

The New ZOO-Shop:

FRONT:

zoo_shop_front.jpg

BACK:

zoo_shop_back.jpg

INGAME;

zoo_shop_ingame.jpg

If anybody knows, how to let loot spawn into the new Models, please contact me. thx.

More models will come soon.

regards

Hello,

a litle Info:

I have made three variants of the new Zoo Shop. A cafe, a pizza restaurant and a shop. The interieur are insert as seperate models from the original PBO of buildings.pbo and structures.pbo.

I try to made all buildings in a typical  1970's and 1980's   style. 

Here are the three variants ingame:

zoo_shop01.jpg

zoo_cafe.jpg

zoo_pizza.jpg

More will come soon. 

regards

Oh, i think in the cafe or restaurant can possible spawn food.

In the Shop can spawn  usable tools and in the cages eventually meat or rotten meat from the animals who lived there, Next Idea, around the ice and foodvans can be spawn food.

In the western saloon and the westernranch (petting zoo) can be found food and drinks. And, if i can make the "Zombi animal script" there will be some undead pets. They will try to terminate the players :)

The next Models in buildingprocess are:

WildWest section:

- Saloon (food)

- Western Ranch (petting Zoo)

Arctic Section:

- Icebear cage

- pinguine cage

- polar fox cage

African Section:

- Elephant house

After finishing the Zoo, the Themepark will be made. :9

regards

• 1 month later...

Here some little news about the Zoo:

I have at the moment an bad PC, so that updates will need some more Time. (I hate the Speed of a Pentium 4).

Ok,  the next two Pictures shows  the "at is" Status of the zoo in buldozerview,

zoo1.JPG

zoo2.JPG

I will build the some more Models in Oxygen2 and put it into the Zoo, but on this System BinPBo needs some hours to finish his work. :(

More will come...

regards

• 3 weeks later...

Icebear :P 

Just kidding, we need more people like you. You should start making cool mansions to be used in epoch as homes for people :) I love to walk inside of big decorated houses with alot of details. This zoo is nice but i think you should work on 1 single house and make it as detailed as possible! Just my opinion