make bases in editor with ingame objects?

• 7 months later...

You can  buildings ruins etc .. but crafting items wood floors 1/4, 1/2, full, wood walls, wood walls w/windows, wood stairs , and cinder walls half and full , cinder door, cinder garage, , metal floors.. none of this is in the editor, I have seen bases built with these items, and the way the where laid it it was not done with normal 3d editor, it had to have been with crafting for part of it and  2d/3d editor for part of it.
So I know its possible, but I have yet to see these in editor under any category using any addon @Jon_EditorUpdate @AS  .. it most be possible to do so .. question is HOW ?

I know using NoxiSicarius Admin Tools EPOCH section, base building, you can covert stuff to sqf.. it gives you the code as is example

["WoodCrate_DZ",[1.14453,-1.92676,0.0133514],148.71],

["FireBarrel_DZ",[0.112305,-2.40918,-0.078352],179.291],  

and could take these and modify below to match 
POSITION [0.112305,-2.40918,-0.078352] and SetDir 179.291

Then just looking at the code from Ghosts of Chernarus sqf he has this 

_bldObj = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["WoodFloor_DZ", [4028.3237, 11683.989, 2.730], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj setDir 16.71;
  _bldObj setPos [4028.3237, 11683.989, 2.730];
};

SO I would assume , but that can bite you square in the arse, that one could just do as I said, place map in the server, then use admin tools to place/build how you like and then manually add the code from GOC, and change the code and issue solved  ??

Such as in Ghosts of Chernarus add on maps
Bashtreetop.jpg

Sometimes Posting questions I figure it out as Im posting LOL .. Im just going to try this and see if it works lol.. Will make a seperate how to if it does lol

Will all of this extras pulled in here work ok on standard Epoch , with out causing missing crap , stuck in loading screen?
tried with just epoch, you get nothing .. the  @overwatch is the key, but still gonna be harder this way lol, add, save, look, fix, save, look, repeat lol 

I will prob try it both ways anyway lol, Im hard headed like that lol

And I wish somewhere , or if there is please post link .. a website that has all , with pics, Im learning where some is , but man a guide to code and pic would be great lol

Also still dont see wood walls, floors, or metal floors and some other in you pic..what categories are those in .. just in case Im overlooking

Like I said...

Building supplies like wood floors and cinder walls are in the editor, under Objects (Fortifications).

If you don't see them, then you aren't loading Epoch when you load the editor.

Here is Survival Tab and my string to add in commander or launcher to pull up   "-mod=Expansion;@DayZ_Epoch1051;@Jon_EditorUpdate;@OA_Editor" -nosplash -emptyworld

Of Course you will need , for those that don't have  Jon-C5 Editor Update for the @Jon_EditorUpdate and the Drens OA Editor to match what I load.. but U dont have to have to get to these tabs, but without your missing a ton of cool stuff

To install :  unpack and copy the folders for these to your Steam Folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Of Course IF you are using a mix of Maps ( OVERPOCH ) Overwatch, Lingor, etc etc you will need to add those to your string @DayZOverwatch etc 

THE SURVIVAL TAB

survival_tab_editor-e1414065712168.jpg

LARGER VERSION

THE EPOCH BUILDABLES 

epoch_buildables_tab-e1414065728935.jpg

LARGER VERSION