FMission

You should just Fork it so you can keep working on it in your own repo (if you want to keep working on this) since I don't have time to review code to do pull req's into my repo anymore. Any dev time I have is devoted to my Arma 3 projects so have at it, just make sure my credits remain in all files related to FMission.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the Original Post with some pertinent information, please go check it out. 

Follow me on Twitter to see what I am up to...

https://twitter.com/FoamyTRG

I will be posting Screenshots and Teaser Videos from my upcoming projects starting this week. It's time for the world to see what my development team has been working on.

• 4 months later...

sis anyone ever find out how to add static AI emplacements to these missions, not having a clue how to sript i cant figure it out myself.

any help would be appreciated.

I will try to help and maybe someone will chime in to add to it.  

_aiGroup = createGroup east;
_aiGroup setVariable ["Mission",1,true];
_aiGroup3 = createGroup east;
_aiGroup3 setVariable ["Mission",1,true];

// Make a marker
_spawnMarker = createMarker ["M2_Static", [7053.439, 7678.0068, 0]];
_this = _spawnMarker;
_this setMarkerText "Road Block";
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_marker_0 = _this;

// add static gun
_biggun = "DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1" createVehicle [7053.13,7681.13,0.00143433];
_biggun addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{false}];
_biggun setDir 341.697;
_biggun addeventhandler ["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}];  <- unlimited ammo. if fired, set ammo to full.
sleep 0.5;

// make AI for gun and tell them to move in as gunner
"RU_Soldier_Light" createUnit [getMarkerPos "M2_Static", _aiGroup3, "this moveInGunner _biggun", 1, "COLONEL"];
 /* ***********************  This new editing feature on the forum doesn't always work properly ******************** */

The bolded part (this moveInGunner _biggun) of the code I've tried a few different ways (see below 'non working version').  The RU_Soldier would spawn but not be attached to the static gun.  I tried it this way and it worked perfectly.  You can replace the "getMarkerPos" with an array containing coordinates of where you wish the gun to be at.

RU_Soldier_Light" createUnit [[7053.439, 7678.0068, 0], _aiGroup3, "this moveInGunner _biggun", 1, "COLONEL"];   

Arm_A2_OA_2015_09_14_13_28_00_31.jpgArm_A2_OA_2015_09_14_13_26_49_41.jpg<-- gunner location at the intersection.

does anyone know if assigning skills to the gunner will improve their gunning skills?

_aiunit setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",0.8];
    _aiunit setSkill ["aimingShake",0.8];
    _aiunit setSkill ["aimingSpeed",0.8];
    _aiunit setSkill ["endurance",0.9];
    _aiunit setSkill ["spotDistance",0.8];
    _aiunit setSkill ["spotTime",0.8];
    _aiunit setSkill ["courage",0.9];
    _aiunit setSkill ["reloadSpeed",0.8];
    _aiunit setSkill ["commanding",1];
    _aiunit setSkill ["general",1];

I did try this method (code below - non working version) of trying to attach AI to a static weapon which would never work:

// add static gun
_biggun = "DSHKM_TK_INS_EP1" createVehicle [6938.8813,11350.258,3.0517578];
_biggun addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{false}];
_biggun setDir 120.91074;
_biggun addeventhandler ["fired",{(_this select 0) setvehicleammo 1}];
sleep 0.5;

// make AI for gun and tell them to move in as gunner
_newUnit = "RUS_Soldier_GL" createUnit [getMarkerPos "M2_Static",_aiGroup3,"",1,"corporal"];
_newUnit moveInGunner _biggun;          <-- this would always give me an error
[_biggun,_aiGroup3] spawn _staticGunner;   
// static gun ends

Edited by Just_R

• 1 month later...

Hey Foamy!

I have to say this is propably the best missions system I've ever used. It's so simple to use and yet it has so much in it. I've used it only for about 24 hours and made 4 working missions. I still have a few questions/problems:

When I'm creating a wreck in a mission the lootbox would spawn inside the wreck. This really isn't that big of a deal as you can still loot it but how could I make it so it would spawn next to the wreck?

And the other question which is in my opinion more important. Would it be possible to remove the mission marker from the map as soon as  you've completed the mission. Let's say that you have a stash house and it has 6 AI's. I'd like the marker to get removed when those 6 AI's are killed. How would I do it?

Last question: How would I clean up the dead bodies?

Hey Foamy!

I have to say this is propably the best missions system I've ever used. It's so simple to use and yet it has so much in it. I've used it only for about 24 hours and made 4 working missions. I still have a few questions/problems:

When I'm creating a wreck in a mission the lootbox would spawn inside the wreck. This really isn't that big of a deal as you can still loot it but how could I make it so it would spawn next to the wreck?

And the other question which is in my opinion more important. Would it be possible to remove the mission marker from the map as soon as  you've completed the mission. Let's say that you have a stash house and it has 6 AI's. I'd like the marker to get removed when those 6 AI's are killed. How would I do it?

Last question: How would I clean up the dead bodies?

Thanks for the kind words, I am glad you like the system. Ok on to your questions.

1. To combat the wreck issue you can get a loc from the wreck and then set a new loc that is say 3-5 meters in any direction from the wreck and spawn it there.

2. On the first page of this thread there is a link to a very detailed youtube tutorial on how to create missions using my system and I cover every aspect of FMission, including markers. I think that video will answer your marker questions. If after watching that video you still have questions just post and I will help you further. I usually check this forum every few days so my response may not be immediate.

3. Cleanup is handled by the mission script, again that is all covered in the tutorial video.

Let me know if you have any questions after watching the video.