The Missing Objects bug is still present after the 1.0.4.2a hotfix

Snakeyes

Question

We started to lose parts of our buildings or entire bases on my server prior to the hot fix last week. I updated the server with the 1.0.4.2a hot fix last weekend and the missing objects bug is still not fixed. This morning I logged on to find the doors and locks missing off my barn for the second time in one week. Sigh ... No more building for me until this bug gets squashed!

:wacko:

3 answers to this question

Is nobody else seeing this problem on Epoch private hive servers? Everything that we build disappears after a few days time. It's really frustrating to say the least. We are doing a test on my vanilla, squeaky clean Epoch Sauerland server today. One of my players put down a plot pole and a wood floor. So we will monitor that and see how long it lasts.

We had the same problem. We wound up changing the Hive.ext file, and editing the events in the Database. 

In the Hive.ext file (Located in your instance folder) look for the line that says:

"CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6"

And change that to,

"CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1"

For the next step open up your database, Then look for the events tab. Make sure all events are turned ON. Then look for the "SetDamageOnAge" event. Disable it. 

That seemed to work for us, good luck!

We are experiencing a problem where vehicles are spawning in every restart instead of staying at the maximum limit of 600. These steps could have led to this problem so keep an eye out for that.

I learned about this in my quest to fix the issue: "CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6".

I did not know about this: "For the next step open up your database, Then look for the events tab. Make sure all events are turned ON. Then look for the "SetDamageOnAge" event. Disable it." I agree that doing this may be the cause for your vehicle spawn explosion.

Thanks for the feedback Toxiin!

:)