Bad first impression

chishi

Like the title says, I had a bad first impression. After finding a trading area and entering the bounds of it, I found out that my bullets had no effects on zombies. Oh well, I guess it isn't too big of a deal to kill them outside and get back in without attracting any more zeds. This led me to believe that other players couldn't hurt me inside seeing as how I couldn't hurt the zombies. Well I was wrong. Another player entered the trading post and I went along my own business trading items for metals. He then shot me in the head and killed me. I didn't have much in my inventory to begin with so it wasn't that big of a deal but what bugs me is why is player killing allowed in the trading area in the first place? Sure if I'm prevented from killing a zombie in their, I should be prevented from killing another player, no? I'll probably play again because of all the features Epoch includes that vanilla DayZ lacks but I won't be wasting my time with trading areas from now on.  

It was the Stary trading post and I made sure that I couldn't kill the zombie before I took it out of bounds where it did work.

as other has sayd is server modded ..

in our server vanilla epoch only .. we did not change anything ...

for this I did not understand what you mean :) :)

Safe zones are server specific and not apart of Epoch by default. The reason we don't use them is because it doesn't add anything to the game, unless you want the care bear aspect. Another reason we don't add them is they are just flat out buggy. Also trying to do business in a trader city solo isn't very smart either unless you are on an empty server or know everyone that's playing.

It does suck that you had a bad first experience. Maybe you should check out or officially hosted servers that are running a very close version to nilla Epoch. I'm sure it could change your mind about the mod.

Happy hunting. 

Its purely server related not Epoch related. As already said here, try to find a server that either has "safe" trader cities, or ideally play standard with no safety at all on trader cities. It's worth remembering trader cities are intentionally dangerous places to be be - you can buy pretty much anything you want here there has to be some trade off to that, so having a risk of someone camping them or killing you for your gold/items there is the risk you take. It adds so much more to the game knowing you're in danger all the time you are trading. 

Stick with the mod mate as it's fantastic, if you're looking for people to play with and a Epoch server that has trading cities where players can shoot check out the server in my signature. There's a few good teams around that dont mind people tagging along and it's a long lease server so it wont be gone within a  month like some!

The only thing I think Epoch needs to work on is the base building. It really frustrates me that its impossible to secure areas to prevent players trolling/griefing by destroying the camps/structures that take hours to build. The map is too small for a base to ever remain hidden for long so I would like to see some sort of mechanism where by a base could be secured 100% for a limited amount of time, either requiring constant player maintenance or perhaps only when a player is offline.  

Childs Play Corner offer customisable building options that is separate from the Epoch mechanics. It works very well and goes a long way to securing your base. I'm not sure if it's available to other servers though. 

Childs Play Corner offer customisable building options that is separate from the Epoch mechanics. It works very well and goes a long way to securing your base. I'm not sure if it's available to other servers though. 

Its probably the base building scripts available. 

The only thing I think Epoch needs to work on is the base building. It really frustrates me that its impossible to secure areas to prevent players trolling/griefing by destroying the camps/structures that take hours to build. The map is too small for a base to ever remain hidden for long so I would like to see some sort of mechanism where by a base could be secured 100% for a limited amount of time, either requiring constant player maintenance or perhaps only when a player is offline.  

but that's part of the game ..

to destroy the basis of other players is danger of being discovered and killed ...

but it is realistic....

the only security you have is personal safe .. and it is already so much ..

I come from another mod where the houses were closed .. but it is better to an open house in epoch mod, less certainty , that a million of lies and bullshit of retarded devs...

epoch mod as it is now is still the best ....

I think of base building like a car. You take a lot of time earning it and some idiot can take it all away just by smashing into it. It's called life.

That's a fair point, but it's also one of the major deterrents discouraging many players from even using the content you guys have worked so hard to implement.