vbawol

ACR and Arma 2 Free

What? 1.5gb more wont kill anybody. Plus its not included with the download of epoch. You need to download it just like you would for Arma 2, Arma 2:OA and like PMC, BAF. ACR is just like the expansions, BAF and PMC.

Not entirely correct, the lite versions of BAF and PMC come with ARMA 2:OA which they dubbed ARMA 2: CO (combined ops) which is the lite versions of BAF and PMC.

What BI should do is include the lite version of ACR with the CO version when and if Arma 2 beta comes final (which may ever happen).

That would solve the download problem but not the Arma 2 FREE problem  :)

1.5 Gb IS big. Some days ago when I didn't have a good internet (what many people hasn't got, the good internet) it takes forever to download 1 Gb. So please use this apart from epoch where it isn't needed to play. For me it wouldn't be a problem but for other people I am sure it would be.

Are you kidding me, this game is MULTILAYER if you have shitty internet, you are going to loses every gun fight. Why should the people suffer since one person lags like hell? The others should go back to playing Pac man, if they cant download 1.5Gb. Most people who love this game, would download this. When you make them not require, then it mess everyone player base.

Some of you are mixing shit up

ACE is not the same thing as ACR

ACE = Realism mod

ACR = Army of the Czech Republic

ACRE = Teamspeak addon

What is suggested is that ACR will be a part of Epoch, and the Lite-version is roughly 100MB. 

Well this thread is pretty much moot. Arma 2 free is gone now anyways. Also ACR lite is already part of Arma2 CO. It was added as the lite version forever ago.

http://www.arma2.com/supply/free.html - link for proof that Arma2 free is gone.

I'm with who ever said don't let people with crap internet hold back the advancement of the mod.. There are some cool vehicles and skins and weapons that are in ACR. It would be awesome to see those in game.

Is this being revisited since Arma 2 Free is dead?

And is it true that the lite version of ACR is already in Arma 2 CO? Wouldn't I be able to find the lite versions in the editor like BAF and PMC?

I'd download it simply for the new vehicles, weapons, and skins.

Although most of the vehicles just look like reskins, the unique vehicles look pretty interesting. Such as the different HMMWV variants, the Dingo, the T810 (especially the armed variant), and to top it off you get another civilian car to toss into the mix.

Just saw this, please allow Epoch to use ACR, it already uses BAF and PMC so why not ACR?

Arma 2 with the DLC is very cheap, it is nearly always on sale on Steam usually for less than £6. It does not need to be included with the Epoch files anymore than the whole of Arma does. 

While searching for a way to enable ACR content in Epoch I stumbled across this thread.

I would like formally submit my request that ACR be added as a requirement for Epoch the same as BAF and PMC. I firmly believe the additional weapons and vehicles would be readily appreciated. 

As other users have indicated, the size of the download for the lite package is insignificant. While there may be a few hoops to jump through to install it with the free edition of ARMA2, I don't feel it is fair to penalize those of us who have supported BIS by purchasing the DLC on the off-chance that somebody might not figure out how to install it. At the same time, I can certainly understand not wanting to alienate that minority of your userbase, the most important thing is that as many people are able to enjoy this excellent mod as is possible and if that means opting-out of official support for ACR content so be it.

At this juncture I would like to extend my deep appreciation for all of the time and effort you have invested in the endeavor of developing this project, Vbawol, you and every other contributor, every person that has developed and contributed a plugin for the Epoch community. I'm extremely excited for the release of Epoch1.0.5.2, the integration of snapbuilding and the various bugfixes are simply awesome.

Thank You!

Well this thread is pretty much moot. Arma 2 free is gone now anyways. Also ACR lite is already part of Arma2 CO. It was added as the lite version forever ago.

http://www.arma2.com/supply/free.html - link for proof that Arma2 free is gone.

I'm with who ever said don't let people with crap internet hold back the advancement of the mod.. There are some cool vehicles and skins and weapons that are in ACR. It would be awesome to see those in game.

You can still get ARMA 2 Free on Steam: http://steamdb.info/app/107400/

Or download: http://www.fileplanet.com/220759/220000/fileinfo/ArmA-2-Client-%28Free-Game%29

We are looking to add ACR as a requirement. However there are known issues getting ACR (free) to install with Arma 2 Free. We are working on a workaround and want to see if this is something that can be worked out.

Please post your ideas, questions and feedback here;

http://www.arma2.com/acr.html

PAGE NOT FOUND
The page you were looking for was not found.

4 hours ago, OSMOX said:

Any chance acr will be in one of thise 1.06 version? or have a version with acr for those who have it? 

I'm not a huge fan of ACR, seems mostly pointless with minimal new content. It's not worth the effort of requiring people to load the mod and possible compatibility issues with A2 free

On 27/02/2014 at 4:03 AM, vbawol said:

We are looking to add ACR as a requirement. However there are known issues getting ACR (free) to install with Arma 2 Free. We are working on a workaround and want to see if this is something that can be worked out.

Please post your ideas, questions and feedback here;

http://www.arma2.com/acr.html

can't just pull the data from acr and add it to epoch