vbawol

ACR and Arma 2 Free

We are looking to add ACR as a requirement. However there are known issues getting ACR (free) to install with Arma 2 Free. We are working on a workaround and want to see if this is something that can be worked out.

Please post your ideas, questions and feedback here;

http://www.arma2.com/acr.html

What is in ACR that you want to have in epoch?

The weapons and the vehicles mostly.

Main Features

Czech Army

Bolster the Arma sandbox with a range of authentic Czech Army units and vehicles, including the L-159 Alca, Pandur II, and Dingo infantry mobility vehicle.

Authentic Weapons

Pick from a range of new weapons, including those developed with Česká zbrojovka a.s.: CZ 805 BREN, CZ Scorpion EVO III and CZ 75 PHANTOM.

Diverse Missions

Deploy across 15 new missions in the singleplayer campaign, scenarios and procedural template gameplay modes.

Verdant Environments

Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina

The weapons and the vehicles mostly.

Main Features

Czech Army

Bolster the Arma sandbox with a range of authentic Czech Army units and vehicles, including the L-159 Alca, Pandur II, and Dingo infantry mobility vehicle.

Authentic Weapons

Pick from a range of new weapons, including those developed with Česká zbrojovka a.s.: CZ 805 BREN, CZ Scorpion EVO III and CZ 75 PHANTOM.

Diverse Missions

Deploy across 15 new missions in the singleplayer campaign, scenarios and procedural template gameplay modes.

Verdant Environments

Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina

Ok im all for new weapons and vehicles, do you have anything else like this planned for epoch?

I'd love new vehicles and weapons and have no problem installing something if needed. That being said, I can see this being a turnoff for some folks who don't want to bother...and mostly not out of difficulty, just laziness. From a player's perspective, connecting to certain servers will require 3 separate downloads: 1) Epoch 2) Map 3) ACR Lite

I'm sure it's not that big a deal for most, but it is a factor for some people. Anyhow, thought I'd bring it up.

Unless you have an easy way for players to install ACR free without having to visit the forums, I see lots of problems. As we all know, a lot of players update Epoch as the updates are released without any knowledge of what is new and without reading a post here.

Unless you have an easy way for players to install ACR free without having to visit the forums, I see lots of problems. As we all know, a lot of players update Epoch as the updates are released without any knowledge of what is new and without reading a post here.

Thanks + please do not add it then, Epoch is already 2gigabytes...

What? 1.5gb more wont kill anybody. Plus its not included with the download of epoch. You need to download it just like you would for Arma 2, Arma 2:OA and like PMC, BAF. ACR is just like the expansions, BAF and PMC.

Most people these days im guessing use steam... Arma 2 is over 7gb, OA is also around 7GB so what's another 1.5gb?

If it was to be part of the epoch download then i can kind of see your point as every update would required it downloaded again but if it was a single download then i don't see the problem