Best Epoch server for first time owner

Celticsfan92

Question

6 answers to this question

Depends on if you want to manage a server yourself or should the host manage it for you?

The best option is to invest time and start with a local server first (test and try everything, invest time knowing how to do stuff on your own) and then get a dedicated server which you'll use to host your server on. This way you can maintain, update and install everything you want by yourself.

There are plenty of threads on this forum discussing multiple server hosts as well on opendayz.net so I suggest you use the search function on both sites to read up on all the reviews.

GTXgaming.co.uk has recently done some updates that I do enjoy. They make installing what ever base mods (Overpoch, Epoch, Ect) easy and with their new VIP packages you can have them do everything for you if you are willing to fork over the money. I haven't had any issues with the quality of service after spending a little time around their forums. They also offer free admin tools, go to their site for details.

The problem with host installed mods is, you don't learn how to do it yourself. So when you want to add new things or update a script, you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

Also, I dont really think this is the right section for this kind of question. This is supposed to be for scripting help.