Feature Request Thread

TheVampire

• 1 month later...

What about dynamic random AI gear?

I know that you can randomly choose from an array of gearsets that you can/have to define manually.

While this does the job, I've been very impressed by the wide range of gear the AI in DZAI drops (everything from weapons over normal inventory to toolbelt items).

This makes it possible to collect a complete outfit while simultanously making it hard (because you have to kill a lot of bandits to finally find a GPS ;-)

The quasi-random method from DZMS (or WAI) will only allow you to collect a small selection of items and thus quickly assemble large quantities for each item available.

Ok, one could compile a huge array of gearsets to choose from but this would be time-consuming, inelegant and would have to be redone each time the DayZ/Epoch lootlists are changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe Missions for both sides, Heros and Bandits.

Because real Bandits gain humanity for killing AI Bandits, but not all of the real Bandit players want that^^

So please add AI Hero Missions.

A static spawn for AI's would also be nice, for stronghold battles or something

bandits can camp the missions and let others clear it then kill the player/s = more loot :)

Being able to only see the map markers if you have a radio.

Could always have them on the Ai so you have to find them randomly and then you get a radio and it tells you where they are after that

Yeah we have them as a 10% chance spawn on bodies from DZAI patrols

These are terrible ideas because they're very specific to what people have on their server. The point is having these missions work for people as is. No adding stuff to the loot tables, or traders for things to work. Not everyone uses roaming AI so thats a bad idea as well. Stick to ideas that can be implemented in the script to work for everyone right out of the box (figure out speech).

Maybe Missions for both sides, Heros and Bandits.

Because real Bandits gain humanity for killing AI Bandits, but not all of the real Bandit players want that^^

So please add AI Hero Missions.

A static spawn for AI's would also be nice, for stronghold battles or something

Friendly AI often cause unwanted bugs like not being able to get into vehicles with other players. I for one, would not want to have to worry about this.

Also, this is a mission system, not a roaming/static AI system. Download SARGE, WICKED, or DZAI if you want static AI defending a stronghold.

I would suggest the caravan style mission, where Ural(s) are driving from A to B similar to the C130 cargo mission, but it sounds like that idea is already in the works.

I would ask for perhaps a way to fix the current C130 cargo drop mission.  Currently, the mission is called and there are AI on the map. The C130 flies in, drops the cargo nearby, and then the missions circle on the map moves to where the cargo is. But the AI are still wherever they were. Its entirely possible in many scenarios, to sneak in ,grab the goods and leave without ever having to fire a shot. 

On the other hand, if the C130 is shot down the AI spawn on the cargo loot wherever it falls.   I think there needs to be a way to get the AI to the cargo when the cargo is dropped as normal.

Also, AI vehicles defending the missions, or static gun emplacements would be a nice touch.

I would suggest the caravan style mission, where Ural(s) are driving from A to B similar to the C130 cargo mission, but it sounds like that idea is already in the works.

I would ask for perhaps a way to fix the current C130 cargo drop mission.  Currently, the mission is called and there are AI on the map. The C130 flies in, drops the cargo nearby, and then the missions circle on the map moves to where the cargo is. But the AI are still wherever they were. Its entirely possible in many scenarios, to sneak in ,grab the goods and leave without ever having to fire a shot. 

On the other hand, if the C130 is shot down the AI spawn on the cargo loot wherever it falls.   I think there needs to be a way to get the AI to the cargo when the cargo is dropped as normal.

Also, AI vehicles defending the missions, or static gun emplacements would be a nice touch.

AI vehicles can be added:

to a solution to the geardropAIwavingfrom300maway problem, look at the mission itself, might be an idea to hold up on spawning the ai when the marker shifts or deleting the AI already spawned and spawning new ones when the marker shifts. Actually, the last one would have to be it, how else would the thing be "shot down".

Arma 2 "Caravan" or "Convoy" missions I don't want to mess with as from my experience the pathing is too poor.

When Arma 3: Epoch is released I will redo the current DZMS over for Arma 3 and make it Epoch specific, and will most likely add similar missions there.

Also related, I'm waiting for A3 Epoch before I continue working on DZMS.

Arma 2 "Caravan" or "Convoy" missions I don't want to mess with as from my experience the pathing is too poor.

When Arma 3: Epoch is released I will redo the current DZMS over for Arma 3 and make it Epoch specific, and will most likely add similar missions there.

Also related, I'm waiting for A3 Epoch before I continue working on DZMS.

Good to know. I haven't personally checked out A3. Im concerned that my computer isn't up to par. Is it really much more demanding than A2? Or have they optimized it so that its actually the same or less demanding?

Good to know. I haven't personally checked out A3. Im concerned that my computer isn't up to par. Is it really much more demanding than A2? Or have they optimized it so that its actually the same or less demanding?

I would say it is more optimized than Arma 2, but still more demanding.

However the nicest aspect of Arma 3 is a lot more commands, and the addition of the developer console so you can try out code on the fly and refine it without needing a server reboot everytime, or relying on radio triggers to test code. It just allows for tons more fine tuning of all your code.

Vampire check out Sandbirds tool for on the fly coding... it basically emulates a dayz server, even with database integration. I am writing all of my code in there, it is fast and saves me hours and hours of time.

I also wrote AI missikns for my servers in there so maybe you should check it out man ;)

I think it is not a good idea to let A2 Epoch die, like the devs tend to do

(with their mess of code still unfixed)

Believe me when i tell you that A3 Epoch is never gonna be a real thing with lots of players, it is just not Chernarus (my personal opinion!!)

Vampire check out Sandbirds tool for on the fly coding... it basically emulates a dayz server, even with database integration. I am writing all of my code in there, it is fast and saves me hours and hours of time.

I also wrote AI missikns for my servers in there so maybe you should check it out man ;)

I think it is not a good idea to let A2 Epoch die, like the devs tend to do

(with their mess of code still unfixed)

Believe me when i tell you that A3 Epoch is never gonna be a real thing with lots of players, it is just not Chernarus (my personal opinion!!)

A3 Epoch is going to support a lot of maps, there can be custom maps made for it (like Napf and Sauerland), and it's easier to program for.

DZMS in its current state works for A2, I just won't be adding any new features to it. I too would like a more wooded map for A3 Epoch, but there aren't any made by BIS yet. There are already mods out there that let you play all the A2 maps on A3, so we can still have A3 Epoch on Chernarus if we wanted, but the map has just been so overused with every gamemode that it needs to be retired for a while. I can still navigate my way from anywhere on the coast to NWAF without a map, lol.

• 6 months later...