DZMS mission spawn points for Napf

BetterDeadThanZed

This is for the DZMS and the Napf map: 

If you use DZMS on Napf, you know that most of the missions are spawning in the south side of the map, in the mountains. The best way to fix this is with static spawn points for the missions. I opened the map in the editor and went around the map, placing units any place that it seemed to make sense for a mission to spawn. Any place that was steep, or very inaccessible by ground, I did not place a unit. I did place a unit on some of the islands.

So, to use these new spawn points, change the DZMSStaticPlc to True:

DZMSStaticPlc = true;

Hey there, 

Did you put any of these spawns in built up areas ie castles or existing structures or are they all in the 'wilderness' ? I might try this but If any spawn at castles etc my players with bases in certain structures might get pissed :D

I changed my DZMSFunctions.sqf following vampires idea in the DZMS thread : 

_pos = [_centerPos,0,5500,60,0,10,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;  //change the 2nd last number for reduced steep default = 20

This seems to be improving the mission locations but still prone to putting them in awkward places. 

Hey there, 

Did you put any of these spawns in built up areas ie castles or existing structures or are they all in the 'wilderness' ? I might try this but If any spawn at castles etc my players with bases in certain structures might get pissed :D

I changed my DZMSFunctions.sqf following vampires idea in the DZMS thread : 

_pos = [_centerPos,0,5500,60,0,10,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;  //change the 2nd last number for reduced steep default = 20

This seems to be improving the mission locations but still prone to putting them in awkward places. 

I've had a pretty busy day today so I haven't had much of a chance to check on this, but I did log in for a few minutes and saw two missions further north than any other mission before so I guess it's working good.

If anyone finds a mission spawn someplace that is just bad, try to get the coordinates for it and let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I want to know how to get

DZMSStatLocs = [

[16153,8026,0],

[19082,12026,0],

[18474,16943,0],

[17336,13114,0],

[1336,12117,0]

];

I want to make new

Open the editor (ctrl+e)

Select Napf

1. press F10, place anywhere

2. press F2, place anywhere

3. press F1, place anywhere

4. Press f5, place where you would like a mission

5. Repeat step 4 till you have enough locations

6. save as missionplaces

Go into YourDocuments\Arma 2 other profiles\missions\missionplaces.napf

open the mission.sqf

You will find all your locations there.

Would this work for the Epoch Mission system?

I'm not sure if DZMS has a place in it's config to set up custom spawn points, but if it does, you should be able to use those coordinates.

Also, I'm in the process of redoing the spawn points. I'm using the 3D editor to look at terrain and select locations that are appropriate. Some are in towns and some are in fields. There will be a LOT more spawn points so you should see less repeat locations. It's going to take a while, as I'm doing it when I have time. I hope to have it finished within the week, though.