Gem Currency?

smallp0x

Question

16 answers to this question

I am assuiming so the game takes ur "currency" at face value from your inventory.  Or that the Epoch devs have not added a "rate" for the current in game gems.

The old trading way  is a "Face value" trading system, the new way breaks down what you have in your inventory so it can give change when purchasing items.

When I use trade_items_old I get this error.

18:11:58 Error Zero divisor
18:11:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_tradeObject.sqf, line 9
18:12:07 "EPOCH SERVERTRADE: Player: Pewpew (snip) sold a ItemKiloHemp in/at Any for <null>x <null>"
18:12:07 Error in expression <urrency =	_this select 5; _qty =		_this select 6; _clientID = 	owner _player; _p>

Follow the first post of this thread to the letter:

It worked flawlessly for me and now I've added several things like Apache AH64 and the Avenger in the traders. They are insanely high priced but the players LOVE having something to 'quest' towards.

I am not using SQL but rather using the DZE_ConfigTrader = true method and using using hpp files.

example:

class Category_3100 {
    class G36_C_SD_camo {type = "trade_weapons";buy[] = {1,"ItemGoldBar10oz"};sell[] = {5,"ItemGoldBar"};};

};

is there a way I can do the afile _old so it can be handled with the old barter system instead of the new ?

Could I do {afile = "trade_weapons_old"} or something at the end?

Wait!! maybe I just need to change the existing line to look like this bellow.

class G36_C_SD_camo {type = "trade_weapons_old";buy[] = {1,"ItemRuby"};sell[] = {5,"ItemGoldBar"};};

I am not using SQL but rather using the DZE_ConfigTrader = true method and using using hpp files.

example:

class Category_3100 {

class G36_C_SD_camo {type = "trade_weapons";buy[] = {1,"ItemGoldBar10oz"};sell[] = {5,"ItemGoldBar"};};

};

is there a way I can do the afile _old so it can be handled with the old barter system instead of the new ?

Could I do {afile = "trade_weapons_old"} or something at the end?

Wait!! maybe I just need to change the existing line to look like this bellow.

class G36_C_SD_camo {type = "trade_weapons_old";buy[] = {1,"ItemRuby"};sell[] = {5,"ItemGoldBar"};};

if you are using the missionfile categorys and stuff to have server figure out the prices foor trade items do something like this :

class LAV25_DZE {
		type = "trade_any_vehicle";
		buy[] = {4,"ItemBriefcase100oz"};
		sell[] = {2,"ItemBriefcase100oz"};
	};
	class LAV25 {
		type = "trade_any_vehicle_old";
		buy[] = {4,"ItemSapphire"};
		sell[] = {2,"ItemSapphire"};
	};

this _old  has to be there for all items, weapons, vehicles that will be sold and bought for gemstones

that seemed to work for my but it look odd on the vendor list now. Doesn't show the weapon icon or the discription, Something like  (class G36_C_SD_camo) but I can buy it for a ruby.

dont worry about it, it works

vehicles will not show up green for being sold but you can still sell them

When I use trade_items_old I get this error.

18:11:58 Error Zero divisor
18:11:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_tradeObject.sqf, line 9
18:12:07 "EPOCH SERVERTRADE: Player: Pewpew (snip) sold a ItemKiloHemp in/at Any for <null>x <null>"
18:12:07 Error in expression <urrency =	_this select 5; _qty =		_this select 6; _clientID = 	owner _player; _p>

Hi Sukkaed, did you manage to fix this issue? I'm getting the same error in my rpt since adding gems to Black Market Trader at Stary.....

23:09:29 Error in expression <urrency = _this select 5;
_qty = _this select 6;
_clientID = owner _player;
_p>
23:09:29   Error position: <select 6;
_p>
23:09:29   Error Zero divisor
23:09:29 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_tradeObject.sqf, line 9

Thanks

Hi Sukkaed, did you manage to fix this issue? I'm getting the same error in my rpt since adding gems to Black Market Trader at Stary.....

23:09:29 Error in expression <urrency = _this select 5;
_qty = _this select 6;
_p>
23:09:29   Error position: <select 6;
_p>
23:09:29   Error Zero divisor
23:09:29 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_tradeObject.sqf, line 9

Thanks

Fix on this?

Fix on this?

Never got a fix and was told to ignore it so have done. I'm not sure the error is having any adverse reaction apart from slight extra spam in the report. This will depend on how much your gem trader gets used though. Because of the higher currency, I have changed my gem rarity to a 4% drop instead of 40%. So, this trader's activity is quite low within each restart cycle.

Never got a fix and was told to ignore it so have done. I'm not sure the error is having any adverse reaction apart from slight extra spam in the report. This will depend on how much your gem trader gets used though. Because of the higher currency, I have changed my gem rarity to a 4% drop instead of 40%. So, this trader's activity is quite low within each restart cycle.

Where can you change the drop rate?

Follow the first post of this thread to the letter:

It worked flawlessly for me and now I've added several things like Apache AH64 and the Avenger in the traders. They are insanely high priced but the players LOVE having something to 'quest' towards.

does this work 1.0.5.1 ?? cause i can't seem to get it to work. it shows up in the traders but doesn't buy it when i try. i am using ruby's ????