Survivor Companions

Hey great stuff i love it, but is there a way to disable the command mode when you press the (Numpad .)??

Try adding 0x53 to the end of this line in dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf after the 0x05, should disable the key if that was what you were looking for

if (_dikCode in[0x02,0x03,0x04,0x58,0x57,0x44,0x43,0x42,0x41,0x40,0x3F,0x3E,0x3D,0x3C,0x3B,0x0B,0x0A,0x09,0x08,0x07,0x06,0x05]) then {

hmmmm would it be possible to spawn survivors on player location?

Not with the way it is currently designed

Try adding 0x53 to the end of this line in dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf after the 0x05, should disable the key if that was what you were looking for

if (_dikCode in[0x02,0x03,0x04,0x58,0x57,0x44,0x43,0x42,0x41,0x40,0x3F,0x3E,0x3D,0x3C,0x3B,0x0B,0x0A,0x09,0x08,0x07,0x06,0x05]) then {

great stuff this works great thanks alot, maybe edit the first post and put this as an additional info for those who want the same.

Another note is that they won't attack zombies if i did that extra bit so they would but it doesnt work.

Also adjusting the skill on them is this possible?

Will add it to the OP. BTW their skill is already set to max, they are set to 'PRIVATE' then the only increase is to the maximum rank which you can do on your server. There is nothing else that can be done except writing a custom fsm for them.

They should attack zeds if you added the extra addRating to the zombie_generate.sqf, they do on my server. They took down half of Zelenorgorsk 2 days ago just taking out the zeds in a BTR90.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/rank

The script runs and everything seems good, but I get kicked for waypoint restriction #0, when I try to dismiss and I no longer can view my safe's inventory

I don't use BE so can't help you without additional info, you did not mention the exact restriction it caused. I would suspect this was added for the bodyguard hack that hacker's use. If you get BE script restrictions please post the exact restriction the game shows so it can be narrowed down to a specific BE file, I have all of them up to 1.0.4.2 so hopefully I can find your problem.

Make sure your item count is correct, mine is

class Markers
{
items=30;

You can remove the type & colorName if you don't wan't it to show on the map.

By the way, if you remove the following from mission.sqm Markers:

type="mil_box";
colorName="ColorBrown";

You get a warning popup on server start:

dec8.png

You can still connect but the message is a tad deceiving and might lead to players aborting out.

edit:

You can make the markers invisible by doing this:

type="empty";
colorName="ColorBrown";

@ fadzrul90 - I will look into making it an option to remove their waypoints, you can reduce the area they roam, the default is 500 meters (250 m radius)

@ antartis - haven't used any of the deploying scripts, will have to take a look at how they do it, currently it is spawned server side so I prefer to have it where it stayed that way

• 2 weeks later...

It is standard arma commands. The 0-9 commands are disabled by default due to hackers, otherwise there would be a huge number of control functions available for them. I plan on looking into re-enabling those commands on my server since it's private. The standard ~ menu has been enough for most of my uses so far though but I do miss the command to make them follow my stance. The current command list for Epoch is in the OP if your wondering...

To make them drive/fly, tell them to get in the vehicle then regroup. If in a chopper tell them to disembark to make them land and get out. They will follow you all over the map. I use a mod to make them drive better on my server (they suck at it normally) so it is possible to have an AI convoy with you. They will run out of gas if you don't refuel them though, I don't have auto-refuel in the script.

Great mod, i followed the install instructions and the ai have spawned and i have found them but i get no option to recruit them? Should the option appear in the action menu or just on screen like traders? Would really like to get this mod working on my server so any help would be great ?

• 2 weeks later...