In regards to the vehicle with key menu option, it tries calling .sqf files in the malveh folder, which doesn't exist...

["Neutral Trader Menu", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenuneutral.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["Friendly Trader Menu", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenufriendly.sqf"]]], "1", "1"], 
["Hero Trader Menu", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenuhero.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["Bandit Trader Menu", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenubandit.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

It does.

admintools\tools\malveh

Hi, the temporary vehicles are despawn 

...what?

In regards to the vehicle with key menu option, it tries calling .sqf files in the malveh folder, which doesn't exist...

["Neutral Trader Menu", [2],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenuneutral.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["Friendly Trader Menu", [4],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenufriendly.sqf"]]], "1", "1"], 
["Hero Trader Menu", [3],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenuhero.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],
["Bandit Trader Menu", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"malveh\malvehiclemenubandit.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

They are full of erros due to me having some friends key in the data for me.

I have already fixed this and will be updating asap on greg's github.

The point to delete is indeed client side. However being that the client's actions make calls to the server it will have some affect after restart.

For ex.

If you delete a locked vehicle it will not respawn on restart but if you delete a wall it wil.

deleteVehicle cursorTarget;

cursorTarget setdamage 1;

These are the two calls.

I played with the order that the program uses these calls but it is just basically random anyway.

setdamage 1 = blows it up

deleteVehicle = just removes it

So even though it calls the delete vehicle first sometimes, because ARMA , it blows it up in your face.

I thought about playing with a little wait variable here to give the game time to go register that the item is gone before trying setdamage but never did.

Side note: You can blow up buildings from as far away as you can see.

Malory

Yes. I'm reasonably sure that the object is destroyed (setDamage 1;) because that way the server will update the database with the object's damage and it won't return after a server restart. I can remove the damage, but it might make the deletion temporary - after a server restart the object will return.

There may not be an easy way around this, other than to be sure you enable Godmode before deleting a vehicle, or delete it from far away.

deleteVehicle _obj;
[_objID,_objUID] call server_deleteObj;

Also repair does work as long as the vehicle gets updated, the problem is setDamage 0; only fixes hitpoints for the session. The hitpoints are still listed in the database (such as front left tire at 25% health, etc) and when the server restarts and respawns the vehicles into the map it sets back their hitpoints to be correct. You need to fix the hitpoints.

deleteVehicle _obj;
[_objID,_objUID] call server_deleteObj;

Also repair does work as long as the vehicle gets updated, the problem is setDamage 0; only fixes hitpoints for the session. The hitpoints are still listed in the database (such as front left tire at 25% health, etc) and when the server restarts and respawns the vehicles into the map it sets back their hitpoints to be correct. You need to fix the hitpoints.

Thanks for the assistance on this. I tried your code but it's still only deleting the objects temporarily. After a restart the object is back.

The code I used for "malpointdelete.sqf" was:

_delobj = cursorTarget;
deleteVehicle _delobj;
[_delobjID,_delobjUID] call server_deleteObj;

_dotxt = format["%1 Destroyed and Deleted", _delobj];
titleText [_dotxt,"PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 4;

If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears. Or... eyes.

I can confirm that temporary vehicles disappear after a few seconds and yes, anything deleted with this tool reappears after restart. I hope you guys are able to get that sorted out. :)

Have you guys tried the "Fix temporary vehicles blowing up when getting in them" optional steps in my project's Install Instructions? Are you using InfiSTAR? I don't have this problem, so I need more info.

Also, to everyone - how is the Godmode update working out for you?

I can confirm that temporary vehicles disappear after a few seconds and yes, anything deleted with this tool reappears after restart. I hope you guys are able to get that sorted out. :)

I'm sorry that I can't speak to exactly how because it wasnt me that did it but the vehicle despawn problem is fixable.

From his git... (Well written btw)

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["MalSar",0] !=1)) then {

You must make this change (or one very similar) because the "MalSar" variable is in everyone of the temporary vehicle scripts.

The delete tool may or may not be able to do modular building pieces what like we would like it to.

What it does extremely well is lets an admin spawn in and delete crates, same with vehicles and also cleanup wrecks.

My work around was spawn in AS50 and about 3-4 shots would do most any wooden thing in.

I understand that doesn't really do it with indistructable bases.

ps. that godmode is the exact same basic calls as the one in the menu.

It might even be the exact same im not sure, but no new ground being made there.

Headshots and sometimes wrecks register as a kill immediatly and make different calls than setdamage which is why that wont work.

ARMA lets you get away with random stuff sometimes in that way.

Malory

Thanks for the assistance on this. I tried your code but it's still only deleting the objects temporarily. After a restart the object is back.

The code I used for "malpointdelete.sqf" was:

_delobj = cursorTarget;
deleteVehicle _delobj;

If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears. Or... eyes.

_delobjID _delobjUID have to be defined....

_delobj = cursorTarget;
_delobjID 	= _delobj getVariable["ObjectID","0"];
_delobjUID	= _delobj getVariable["ObjectUID","0"];
deleteVehicle _delobj;

Have you guys tried the "Fix temporary vehicles blowing up when getting in them" optional steps in my project's Install Instructions? Are you using InfiSTAR? I don't have this problem, so I need more info.

Also, to everyone - how is the Godmode update working out for you?

Thats not an optional step if temporary and/or mission vehicles matter to you.

If your mission vehicles despawn or blow up it is the same fix.

Malory

_delobj = cursorTarget;
_delobjID 	= _delobj getVariable["ObjectID","0"];
_delobjUID	= _delobj getVariable["ObjectUID","0"];
deleteVehicle _delobj;

Well there you go.

call server_deleteObj;

Psh. Of course they do. Just making sure you were paying attention.

I tried this, but vehicles still reappear after a server restart =/

Thanks again for the assistance. It's comforting knowing the creator of DZMS is helping you out.

Thats not an optional step if temporary and/or mission vehicles matter to you.

If your mission vehicles despawn or blow up it is the same fix.

Malory

I'm technical-minded. Technically it's not needed to get the Admin Tools to work, but you're probably right. It's an important enough fix to get a major part of the tools working correctly. I'll add it to the main instructions.

Psh. Of course they do. Just making sure you were paying attention.

I tried this, but vehicles still reappear after a server restart =/

Thanks again for the assistance. It's comforting knowing the creator of DZMS is helping you out.

I'm technical-minded. Technically it's not needed to get the Admin Tools to work, but you're probably right. It's an important enough fix to get a major part of the tools working correctly. I'll add it to the main instructions.

I help everyone out :P If my two cents can make someone a dollar, I might as well pitch in.

I'll take a look through the github and see what I see.

Ok i have been testing the new GM code and it's really strange...  For example i turn on godmode and teleport to a AI mission take a billion shots from AI and don't die

Then say half an hour later i teleport to another one or i bump into AI and not the first shots but 5 seconds of being shot at i instantly die (With God mode on) (Could be affected by different models or weapons i don't know)

I hope this makes sense.

One thing that's not important is when i enter an AI heli after killing them from it, it blows up and kills me, Normal helis i don't receive damage from exploding...

Ok i have been testing the new GM code and it's really strange...  For example i turn on godmode and teleport to a AI mission take a billion shots from AI and don't die

Then say half an hour later i teleport to another one or i bump into AI and not the first shots but 5 seconds of being shot at i instantly die (With God mode on) (Could be affected by different models or weapons i don't know)

I hope this makes sense.

One thing that's not important is when i enter an AI heli after killing them from it, it blows up and kills me, Normal helis i don't receive damage from exploding...

Do you have safezones on your server?

Also even though Blue Pheonix works as a base, I would reccomend moving towards a more functional layout.

All it takes a hacker at the moment to do is reset the global.

AllAdminList = nil;
AllAdminList = ["hackerid"];

or even just append it, and then relog.

I have the same opinion that I always have regarding hackers.

If they are doing it in a way that no one knows then they are most likely not doing anything malicious.

And if you need to rely on tools (besides boot and ban tools) to admin your server then you are doing it wrong.

Good admins that can talk to people and look at logs are the fix for all but the most dedicated hackers.

Malory

I just added basic building materials to it, (wooden for now).

Would you guys be interested in a dialog box selection for spawning vehicles?

Instead of having tons of files, have a dialog box, where the admin selects the vehicle and press spawn to spawn it (with a key)

I handed the project over to greg now that I don't admin our server anymore but I'm fairly sure that he is open to all types of improvements.

Github pull request / messages

Malory

Maybe Bold Red Underlined Print that x won't work without it.

I wish Github markdown allowed for text coloring. An alternative might be to embed an image with the text already made on it.

Also even though Blue Pheonix works as a base, I would reccomend moving towards a more functional layout.

All it takes a hacker at the moment to do is reset the global.

AllAdminList = nil;
AllAdminList = ["hackerid"];

or even just append it, and then relog.

I just added basic building materials to it, (wooden for now).

Would you guys be interested in a dialog box selection for spawning vehicles?

Instead of having tons of files, have a dialog box, where the admin selects the vehicle and press spawn to spawn it (with a key)

I welcome any and all improvements! I'm more of a script kiddie than a programmer, so my hope with this project was that the community would fill the gap that my lack of knowledge leaves open.

Would the dialog box include being able to spawn the selected vehicle with a key or to spawn it temporarily? Would the vehicles be soft-coded to make it future-proof and variable per server?

So you want to remove vehicles from the database and not have them back on restart? Well add this to your admintools.sqf wherever you wish:

["Database Remove", [5],  "", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"DatabaseRemove.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

create a new file with notepad++ and paste this code into it:

private ["_obj","_objectID","_objectUID","_cnt","_locationPlayer"];

_obj = cursorTarget;
_locationPlayer = player modeltoworld [0,0,0];
_cnt = 0;

if (!isNull _obj) then {
_objectID = _obj getVariable["ObjectID","0"];
_objectUID = _obj getVariable["ObjectUID","0"];
};

_fnc_databaseremtimer = {
_cnt = 5;
for "_i" from 1 to 5 do
{
_text = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _obj >> "displayName");
cutText [format["!!!Deleting %1 from Databse in %2 seconds!!!\nMove from current position to cancel",_text,_cnt], "PLAIN DOWN",1];
if (player distance _locationPlayer > 0.2) then {cutText [format["Removal canceled for %1, position of player moved",_text], "PLAIN DOWN",1]; breakOut "exit";};
sleep 1;
_cnt = _cnt - 1;
};
call _func_databaseremove;
};

_func_databaseremove = {
cutText ["Object deleted from Databse", "PLAIN DOWN",1];
PVDZE_obj_Delete = [_objectID,_objectUID];
publicVariableServer "PVDZE_obj_Delete";
if (isServer) then {
PVDZE_obj_Delete call server_deleteObj;
};
deletevehicle _obj; 
breakout "exit";
};

call _fnc_databaseremtimer;
};

save the file to your tools folder so admintools/tools DatabaseRemove.sqf

And voila! deletes vehicles from the server and the database!

Yes, I did do the Fix temporary vehicle instructions and no, I don't use Infistar.

@ GregariousJB: No i dont use Infistar.

And the Optional  "Fix temporary vehicles blowing up when getting in them"  have i do but the same issue again.

I don't know what to tell you guys. If I can't duplicate it, I can't begin to know how to fix it. Perhaps you could tell me what other scripts your servers are using and we can find some common ground.

@Malory, @TheVampire, @Akelorian, @ anyone else in the community: I've made some significant changes to the menu since yesterday and I want to run a few ideas by you:

• The need to enter PIDs twice (once for the AllAdminList array, and once more for whichever rank) has been removed.
  • There are now only two arrays (ranks) - Admins and Moderators (AdminList and ModList, respectively). Enter your PID in one of these in your init.sqf and you're done.
  • Added several scripts thanks to @Akelorian:
    • Display the code of a vault/door
    • Create a new key for a vehicle
    • A new "Crate Menu" with several kinds of crates (Admin, VIP, Bambi, Building, Medical, Tools, Food/Water). I feel this adds variation for Admins and allows them to spawn them for players if desired, such as the Bambi Crate for new players
    • Assuming it works, the "Database Delete" script a few posts up. (untested)
    • A new Enhanced ESP script that shows player Blood levels, zombies/AI, vehicles, etc. (untested)
  • Most of the menus with sub-menus have been moved to the front of the script (ESP Menu, Crate Menu, Locked Vehicle Menu, Vehicle Tools,etc)

The above have NOT been added to the main repo yet. I'm more or less interested in whether or not you guys think people use more than 2 ranks, and if so, are disinclined to script themselves another one. Also, if you can think of some reason that the AllAdminList is needed, I'd like to hear it. The way I have it set up, it seems to be working fine. I simply put an OR (||) operator in the Activate.sqf to ensure that both ranks get the menu:

if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminList || (getPlayerUID player) in ModList) then {
sleep 2;
player addaction [("<t color=""#585858"">" + ("Admin Menu") +"</t>"),"admintools\Eexcute.sqf","",0,false,true,"",""];
};

Thoughts?