Try installing the tools on a fresh server install and then test the vehicles.

If that works, install your customizations one (or a few) at a time to see when the admin tools break. Troubleshooting.

That's not really an option for me. I'm not going to reinstall my server on the off chance that something is causing temporary vehicles to despawn after a few seconds. I'd love to know what sort of add on I could possibly be running that would cause that to happen. Is it possible that the people that it's working for have the Epoch antihack disabled and that this is simply Epoch's antihack cleaning things up? I'm not terribly familiar with Epoch's antihack, so I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I'm just throwing this out there.

Need server admins to test this Weather/Time Fix:

https://gist.github.com/gregariousjb/28c9a0cde49771a3d362

Simply replace the contents of your current AdminToolsMain.sqf with the above.

I replaced the setDate command with skipTime, which, according to the Biki, "Even though the immediate effect of skipTime is only local, the new time will propagate through the network after 30 seconds or so."

Let me know if changing the time to Noon or Midnight also changes the time for connected players.

Thanks!

That's not really an option for me. I'm not going to reinstall my server on the off chance that something is causing temporary vehicles to despawn after a few seconds. I'd love to know what sort of add on I could possibly be running that would cause that to happen. Is it possible that the people that it's working for have the Epoch antihack disabled and that this is simply Epoch's antihack cleaning things up? I'm not terribly familiar with Epoch's antihack, so I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I'm just throwing this out there.

No, the fix works fine. The exception works without disabling the antihack. And now you no longer need to because of my fix for the teleport. I believe everything is now antihack proof. Not to mention that the problem does not go away if you turn off antihack. I don't know why, but when I turned antihack off for any of the servers I tested it on the vehicles still disappeared before I added the fix.

Agreed the antihack is not what cleans up the vehicle.  It has to do with the server_cleanup.fsm or the server_updateobject.sqf.  Are you using a modified version of those already ?

I would pastebin those files and let somebody see if something else is conflicting.  Are you using Sarge AI, or a Mission system ? I know they have steps for modifying those files. 

Need server admins to test this Weather/Time Fix:

https://gist.github.com/gregariousjb/28c9a0cde49771a3d362

Simply replace the contents of your current AdminToolsMain.sqf with the above.

I replaced the setDate command with skipTime, which, according to the Biki, "Even though the immediate effect of skipTime is only local, the new time will propagate through the network after 30 seconds or so."

Let me know if changing the time to Noon or Midnight also changes the time for connected players.

Thanks!

Tested and it appears to still be client, when the next 'weather update' is it reverts me the client back to server time i believe :(

Keep trying though!

Tested and it appears to still be client, when the next 'weather update' is it reverts me the client back to server time i believe :(

Keep trying though!

Same here,  just tested.  Only switches client side, and reverts back after about a minute. 

Nuts.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll look for another solution.

EDIT: I MIGHT have one. I'll need some help testing this out:

Weather/Time is only local fix:

https://gist.github.com/gregariousjb/28c9a0cde49771a3d362/revisions

Just change those two lines in the "WTMenu" section, or replace your whole AdminToolsMain.sqf with this.

I added "IsServer" to them because it seems this won't work for all clients unless it's run by the server. Cross your fingers, and then wait 30 seconds to 5 minutes for it to update all clients with the new time.

Thanks!

Nuts.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll look for another solution.

EDIT: I MIGHT have one. I'll need some help testing this out:

Weather/Time is only local fix:

https://gist.github.com/gregariousjb/28c9a0cde49771a3d362/revisions

Just change those two lines in the "WTMenu" section, or replace your whole AdminToolsMain.sqf with this.

I added "IsServer" to them because it seems this won't work for all clients unless it's run by the server. Cross your fingers, and then wait 30 seconds to 5 minutes for it to update all clients with the new time.

Thanks!

Tested this this morning while having my coffee.  Now time does not change time at all,  server or client.    

["Midnight",[],"",-5,[["expression",'if (IsServer) then {skipTime (0 - daytime + 24 ) % 24}']],"1","1"],
["Noon",[],"",-5,[["expression",'if (IsServer) then {skipTime (12 - daytime + 24 ) % 24}']],"1","1"],

I downloaded these admin tools and tried implementing them on my epoch server. But I have no scroll wheel option when in game.

Did you add  [] execVM "admintools\Activate.sqf"at the end of the file? Did you change the 111111111 in the admin list to your user ID?

I have finally got these to work on my server. great job!

Some improvements to be made:

Menu appearing multiple times.

Some vehicles such as vodniks do not spawn temp

Some crates when accessed crash your game

Please list what these "some" are so we can fix them please. The ones that you know of will help start to fix these problems. The menu appearing has been a problem since the original tool was created. Still working on figuring out why that is.

Hi there, I have copied over the latest admintools folder from the download link on page one and some players are getting the admin menu when they scroll.

They cant do anything with it though, nothing happens when they click it so im not bothered really, just thought i'd let you know.

Many thanks

Robbie