• 2 weeks later...

I've started some testing to see what these new changes bring. Any information anyone has upfront on any mods from me (including safezone and action menu) that are broken or have broken features post them in the respective threads. If there is any specific information you think will be of help for the update let me know. I have already received the list of variable changes and I've written a system that will go through and change them all for me. That won't be the only changes needed from what I understand, but it seems to be a big part of the issue caused by the update.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NoxSicarius said:

This new update seems to have a lot of big changes to it and a little regression to some older stuff as well. Anyone have some suggested changes to the mod while I am at it? The next version was ready to release months ago, I just forgot to push it out of the test branch.

i think the  last version for 1.05.1 have all things. and i was testing your teleport , spawn zeds, zed shield , ghost mode and works fine in 1.6.

a lil thing.. in 1.0.5.1 i was suffering a bug.. at any time the god mode (handledamage =false) stop to work.. and everyone can kill admins. but for the rest admintools 1.0.5.1 was a powefull tool for admins and testers without infi.. like me

1 minute ago, juandayz said:

i think the  last version for 1.05.1 have all things. and i was testing your teleport , spawn zeds, zed shield , ghost mode and works fine in 1.6.

a lil thing.. in 1.0.5.1 i was suffering a bug.. at any time the god mode (handledamage =false) stop to work.. and everyone can kill admins. but for the rest admintools 1.0.5.1 was a powefull tool for admins and testers without infi.. like me

Were you on the test branch or the main release? The test branch was the one with the safe zone system built in and fully integrated.

NOTICE For those who want to use this in 1.0.6

you can do so by removing the first line in the Activate.sqf file and following the same general install, just remember to set the antihack to 0 for admins. A few features won't work such as teleport to me, but teleporting yourself works fine. (please use the test branch here so you can report problems more accurately)

If you have any KNOWN bad features for this in 1.0.6 OR 1.0.5 please post here. This tool has a buttload of features and even more so in the update I forgot to release (oops) so the more information you provide me the faster I can release and the more stable it will be.

Edit: If this will take a while to fix up I will release a hotfix with the above already setup so you don't have to modify any files. I know a lot of you are waiting for this to come out so I want to get it to you as fast as possible. Just remember I'm one guy with a 7am-6pm job.

15 minutes ago, NoxSicarius said:

Were you on the test branch or the main release? The test branch was the one with the safe zone system built in and fully integrated.

no no, i just test it writing a new testtools to use to make new stuff for 1.6 using your olds codes  something simple..

3 minutes ago, juandayz said:

no no, i just test it writing a new testtools to use to make new stuff for 1.6 using your olds codes  something simple..

Alright. Have you considered using admin tools lite? Not sure what plans you have, but that may be something more your style. I try to release a lite version of each release for those who don't need big tools. I understand half the options in this are unnecessary, but when I used it to run my own server I loved to run around and throw up events, run server death races, and other cool things. Plus this tool is built as modular as possible so it can be easily modified. Feel free to do whatever you want with it or the code. If you have ideas for it let me know. I wanted to release a v2.0 with a full gui option and make it server side, but not sure if I will have the time or drive to do that.

5 minutes ago, NoxSicarius said:

Alright. Have you considered using admin tools lite? Not sure what plans you have, but that may be something more your style. I try to release a lite version of each release for those who don't need big tools. I understand half the options in this are unnecessary, but when I used it to run my own server I loved to run around and throw up events, run server death races, and other cool things. Plus this tool is built as modular as possible so it can be easily modified. Feel free to do whatever you want with it or the code. If you have ideas for it let me know. I wanted to release a v2.0 with a full gui option and make it server side, but not sure if I will have the time or drive to do that.

yeah sure, do you have the link for admtools little?

1 hour ago, NoxSicarius said:

NOTICE For those who want to use this in 1.0.6

you can do so by removing the first line in the Activate.sqf file and following the same general install, just remember to set the antihack to 0 for admins. A few features won't work such as teleport to me, but teleporting yourself works fine. (please use the test branch here so you can report problems more accurately)

If you have any KNOWN bad features for this in 1.0.6 OR 1.0.5 please post here. This tool has a buttload of features and even more so in the update I forgot to release (oops) so the more information you provide me the faster I can release and the more stable it will be.

Edit: If this will take a while to fix up I will release a hotfix with the above already setup so you don't have to modify any files. I know a lot of you are waiting for this to come out so I want to get it to you as fast as possible. Just remember I'm one guy with a 7am-6pm job.

hey nox iwas reading the install guide..for TestBranch-v2.0.0 just want to say some install steps needs be rewrited..

for example:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

do not exist anymore in the new init/server_functions.sqf

also i think all PVDZE was changed by PVDZ

9 minutes ago, juandayz said:

hey nox iwas reading the install guide..for TestBranch-v2.0.0 just want to say some install steps needs be rewrited..

for example:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

do not exist anymore in the new init/server_functions.sqf

also i think all PVDZE was changed by PVDZ

Sorry about this confusion, but test 2.0 is the wrong test branch. You need to use the non-versioned one. That branch there is an experimental one started by a community member. I need to modify the name on that right now. This has caused previous confusion as well. That branch is not stable and barely works at the moment. I have looked at that install part on the normal branch as well and I have also noticed it does not exist. You will have to skip it and temporary vehicles will kill you. I will find another way to deal with it. I'm running a regular expression replacement system I rigged up to tunnel through all my files and rename all variables so hopefully that should fix any variable changes.

EDIT: Just renamed that other branch. That was my fault. The correct test branch is linked in the post you quoted previously.

NOTICE:

The test branch has been PARTIALLY updated. I have pushed my current updates for the conversion to epoch 1.0.6

The new updates have the tools working for most features.

It can be found here: https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch

Currently broken:

• Temporary Vehicle Spawns
  • Teleport non-admin players (unsure, need someone to test for me)

EDIT: Permanent key vehicle spawning is working now

Hey NoxSicarius..

I was able to get your last version working in 1.0.5, but I'm unable to get you test branch working on 1.06. I don't get a menu, has it changed? Correct me if I'm wrong it was part of the scroll wheel menu.

Anyway I'd like to help. I have a test server. Let me know if you would like access.. PM me.

Thanks

1 hour ago, tux-box1 said:

Hey NoxSicarius..

I was able to get your last version working in 1.0.5, but I'm unable to get you test branch working on 1.06. I don't get a menu, has it changed? Correct me if I'm wrong it was part of the scroll wheel menu.

Anyway I'd like to help. I have a test server. Let me know if you would like access.. PM me.

Thanks

Did you put the new config file in and put your id in there? I tend to forget to put my Id in when updating or testing.

17 hours ago, NoxSicarius said:

Did you put the new config file in and put your id in there? I tend to forget to put my Id in when updating or testing.

Sure did, like I was saying. I did have your previous code working with epoch 1.0.5.1.

Did a complete wipe and start from fresh test branch on my server.

Here is a snippet of the config, the part that matters. 

<code>

/************** Epoch Admin Tools Variables **************/

//Replace 111111111 with your ID. 
    EAT_superAdminList = [
    "7removed because of paranoia9", // <removed because of paranoia>
    "7removed because of paranoia9" // <removed because of paranoia>
    ];
    EAT_adminList = [
    "7removed because of paranoia3", // <removed because of paranoia>
    "7removed because of paranoia3" // <removed because of paranoia>
    ];
    EAT_modList = [
    "999999999", // <player name>
    "999999999" // <player name>
    ];

</code>

I checked my MPmission init.sqf for sanity sakes and it's setup according to your directions at https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch

Also I noticed that "call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers" is used almost exclusivly, could we possibly use <code> call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "admintools\Activate.sqf"; </code> instead of <code> [] execVM "admintools\Activate.sqf"; </code>

If I may make a request.

I plan to run your wicked AI, is it possible for me to add a "activate mission X" to the admin menu?

20 hours ago, tux-box1 said:

Sure did, like I was saying. I did have your previous code working with epoch 1.0.5.1.

Did a complete wipe and start from fresh test branch on my server.

Here is a snippet of the config, the part that matters. 

<code>

/************** Epoch Admin Tools Variables **************/

//Replace 111111111 with your ID. 
    EAT_superAdminList = [
    "7removed because of paranoia9", // <removed because of paranoia>
    "7removed because of paranoia9" // <removed because of paranoia>
    ];
    EAT_adminList = [
    "7removed because of paranoia3", // <removed because of paranoia>
    "7removed because of paranoia3" // <removed because of paranoia>
    ];
    EAT_modList = [
    "999999999", // <player name>
    "999999999" // <player name>
    ];

</code>

I checked my MPmission init.sqf for sanity sakes and it's setup according to your directions at https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch

Also I noticed that "call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers" is used almost exclusivly, could we possibly use <code> call compile preprocessfilelinenumbers "admintools\Activate.sqf"; </code> instead of <code> [] execVM "admintools\Activate.sqf"; </code>

If I may make a request.

I plan to run your wicked AI, is it possible for me to add a "activate mission X" to the admin menu?

Well I know the new changes on the test branch are working. I have a new clean server running it so we need to figure out what is going wrong on your side or the script is trying to add it to you before you load. I had a piece of code that would wait until you loaded in entirely before adding the menu to you, but that code is no longer valid and I was expecting the way it is now set up that it would not be needed. Try killing yourself and respawning to see if it shows up. If not then it is something on your side, post your client and server rpt file so I can take a look. 

As for the compile on load this is something I am looking into. The arma coding isn't as straight forward as you would expect. Even as a career coder I have to do some reading on some of the subjects because of how the code on this thing works. It's not exactly standard and this is coming from someone who programs robots and augmented reality (though I am still relatively new to the field).

You are allowed to make any modifications to your tool. You can release the change as a "plugin" type deal as well and you can post about it here if you want. If it is solid you can run a pull request on the branch and I'll make it an auto-detect module so it only shows if you have it installed. I made this as modular, clean, and simple as possible so that even non-coders can easily pick it up and edit it as needed.

You should also know that I have not contributed to the AI mod. I simply cleaned up some of it for an easier install and created a video. The revival of that mod was done by f3cuk