Yeah it would have been a better idea to discuss it in this thread.

It is a lot easier getting all of the items from the config files and it makes the code much cleaner. Two commands which I often find useful for filtering the items are: isKindOf and inheritsFrom. typeOf can be useful as well.

When I started making the GUI it was a lot smaller, it just got bigger as I added more features. I tired to keep it fairly small by making the spawn menus toggle-able and pre-mapping some scripts to the buttons.

I like the idea of allowing the user to filter between the different categories of items especially for the buildings menu, there is lots of stuff in there.

This could also be done for the other spawn menus such as vehicles and weapons.

But there may be lots of different sub-categories for the buildings menu and I think it might not be very practical to create a lot of buttons in the dialog for the different categories.

You would probably end up having to define a separate dialog for each different spawn menu. It might be better to list the different categories in a single listbox control.

You could use a single dialog for all of the different spawn menus and just load the data dynamically from the config files like the other items.

A listbox might also make it easier to show the sub-classes by using indentation or colour formatting.

For example a mini GUI for the scroll menu could be implemented like this:

Ya my plans weren't to go too deep into the sub categories. Here are my two ideas for breakdowns:

• Residential
  • Industrial
  • Rural (farm)
  • Military
  • Misc (like the snowman and signs)

Or we could go a bit further since some of those are broad:

• Residential
  1. Houses (there are A LOT of these)
  2. Apartments
  • Industrial
  1. Buildings
  2. Pipes
  3. Piers
  • Rural (farm)
  • Military
  1. Buildings
  2. Tents
  3. Props
  • Misc (like the snowman and signs)

And so on. Nothing too in depth, just something to make it easier on the player. I lumped EVERYTHING buildable into the gui and I must say that was way too many items to find what you want. In truth the scroll menu was more navigable than the gui and I only mocked up that scroll menu for released testing. I removed some of the entirely useless items (some lighting effects and gun props "Library_WeaponHolder") and it was still too much. We would either need to severely limit the categories that are loaded in, or we need to have a way for the user to navigate better such as the sub category system. Those are really our only two options that I can think of. My skills with the gui stuff is still relatively limited. I have been sick the past two weeks and been trying to keep up with school in the mean time so I haven't had much time to learn all that much about it. I am much more inclined to go with yours since it looks so good. I made one from scratch and it came out ok, but I figured I would go function over learning first, then tidy it up later so I reverted to a base template already existent in the tool. With something as beautify as yours, mine looks pretty crummy :P

Really yours looks like mine without the extra side bar on the right (haven't gotten around to making that yet) and it is cleaner. We could keep the close button or we could exchange it for a simple X icon on the top right. The close works for something like that as there is space to spare though.

I went to add a screenshot, but for whatever reason the server won't show up. Will probably fix itself tomorrow.

I definitely think filtering the items is a good idea.

Another control which may be worth considering is a textbox. I have not used textboxes in Arma before but you could try and filter the items based on the string from the textbox.

That could save a lot of space in the GUI, but may be harder to implement.

I have just created a quick mock-up with a textbox to see how it may look. It is barely bigger than a debug monitor.

2015-01-31_00060_zpsj2jcdcb0.jpg

I definitely think filtering the items is a good idea.

Another control which may be worth considering is a textbox. I have not used textboxes in Arma before but you could try and filter the items based on the string from the textbox.

That could save a lot of space in the GUI, but may be harder to implement.

I have just created a quick mock-up with a textbox to see how it may look. It is barely bigger than a debug monitor.

I like it, but the user would need to know the general class name of the object, which I don't think most players know. I think clickable categories is the simplest only because players can navigate it easier. 

Does anyone else get stuck at "waiting for server to start authentication"? I followed the steps exactly how the tutorial says to install admin tools but i can't seem to get them working on my server. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried the video? Many have better luck following a visual tutorial.

Post the contents of your arma2oaserver.rpt and Arma2OA.rpt using either Gist or Pastebin

I got it working, apparently is has to do with this line of code "if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {". If i add just this "&& (vehicle _x getVariable ["MalSar",0] !=1)" after in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {, then it works ok. So if anyone else is having problems might want to have a look at that.

Thanks for the quick response, appreciate it.

1.9.2 will release very soon. Does anyone have bugs to bring up from the test branch before this update is fully released?

Logi has made a very nice GUI for the tool that will be used with version 2.0 (possibly sooner as the main point of 2.0 is to have it moved to server side and to completely update the tool)

This version is usable, but some items are not working entirely. If you want to help with the testing you can get the latest changes for it in the version 2.0 test branch. https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch-v2.0.0

Like always, post a simple bug report here and the issue will be addressed.

1.9.2 will release very soon. Does anyone have bugs to bring up from the test branch before this update is fully released?

Logi has made a very nice GUI for the tool that will be used with version 2.0 (possibly sooner as the main point of 2.0 is to have it moved to server side and to completely update the tool)

This version is usable, but some items are not working entirely. If you want to help with the testing you can get the latest changes for it in the version 2.0 test branch. https://github.com/noxsicarius/Epoch-Admin-Tools/tree/TestBranch-v2.0.0

Like always, post a simple bug report here and the issue will be addressed.

Great work...

were you able to add  cursor target owner ID (point at a base and see who built it)

able to add spawn perm non key vehicle ??? 

Great work...

were you able to add  cursor target owner ID (point at a base and see who built it)

able to add spawn perm non key vehicle ??? 

The owner ID is very specific to the plot for life. The game doesn't set people as an owner for most objects. If you don't have it installed it doesn't work. I can't really put something in that relies on another mod.

The permanent non key doesn't seem to be a big want for people. Only two have expressed a want for it and I don't want to pump it full of features that only one or two people want because the scroll menu is too big. As for the GUI menu, when it is finished it should be added because it won't require a huge amount of sub menu navigation.

It can easily be done on your own tool though:

Use the addtempvehicle.sqf in the test branch and rename it to whatever you want.

Add this above the cuttext for confirmed spawn:

PVDZE_veh_Publish2 = [_veh,[_dir,_location],_vehtospawn,true,0,_player];

publicVariableServer "PVDZE_veh_Publish2";

player reveal _veh;

attempting test 2.0 bhut I am not getting admin menu option when I scroll mouse

this look ok ??

SuperAdminList = ["76561198015661111",  // <=10th=Calamity>
"7656119798001111",  // <=10th=Pops>
"76561198024471111",  // <RickVend>
"76561198077021111",  // <Crabchip>
"76561198036021111" // <HI MID LO>
];
AdminNameList = ["Calamity","pops","RickVend","Crabchip","HI MID LO"];

AdminList = ["1111111111111111","22222222222222222"];
AdminNameList = ["Name1","Name2"];

ModList = ["76561198091951111",  // <modulus>
"76561198143401111",  // <DieBeach>
"76561198096791111", // <East Yorkie>
"76561197973781111", // <CRABJR>
"76561198060141111", // <WMCJ>
"76561198028411111",  // <NarrabeenRick>
"76561198029841111"  // <coldale>
];
ModNameList = ["modulus","DieBeach","East Yorkie","CRABJR","WMCJ","NarrabeenRick","coldale"];

Hey calamity, lots of the files needed for version 2.0 are still not on the github. I think Nox just needs to authorize them and then they should be on there.

Here is an example of mine anyway to give you an idea.

AdminList = ["76561198134932428","76561198016880311"];
AdminNameList = ["Logi","D45"];

ModList = ["76561198134932428","76561198016880311","76561168916880111"];
ModNameList = ["louis","duncan","codz"];

The reason why I added these name lists was to enable users to have multiple privileges using the same PUID.
For example if I login as Logi, I will be an admin, if I login as louis, I will be a mod and if I login with any other name, I will be a regular player.
I done this so that I could play on my server as a regular player with no tools, but I can quickly re-log with an admin account if I need the tools for any reason.

I am not sure if this is a feature that other people would want to use?  I just left it in the tool for now to see what people think.

attempting test 2.0 bhut I am not getting admin menu option when I scroll mouse

this look ok ??

SuperAdminList = ["76561198015661111",  // <=10th=Calamity>
"7656119798001111",  // <=10th=Pops>
"76561198024471111",  // <RickVend>
"76561198077021111",  // <Crabchip>
"76561198036021111" // <HI MID LO>
];
AdminNameList = ["Calamity","pops","RickVend","Crabchip","HI MID LO"];

AdminList = ["1111111111111111","22222222222222222"];
AdminNameList = ["Name1","Name2"];

ModList = ["76561198091951111",  // <modulus>
"76561198143401111",  // <DieBeach>
"76561198096791111", // <East Yorkie>
"76561197973781111", // <CRABJR>
"76561198060141111", // <WMCJ>
"76561198028411111",  // <NarrabeenRick>
"76561198029841111"  // <coldale>
];
ModNameList = ["modulus","DieBeach","East Yorkie","CRABJR","WMCJ","NarrabeenRick","coldale"];

I actually see a big issue, there are TWO adminamelists. Rename the first one to SuperAdminNameList

Just upgraded to the latest 2.0 commit, the base admin scroll menu is working fine, haven't really found any bugs with it yet. However the gui is not working at all for me. First rpt error I got

Error in expression <dminHighlightTool = !AdminHighlightTool
{deleteVehicle _x;} forEach nearestObjec>
  Error position: <{deleteVehicle _x;} forEach nearestObjec>
  Error Missing ;
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\admintools\AdminMainGUI.sqf, line 939

Missing a ; after AdminHighlightTool = !AdminHighlightTool

I get a few other undefined variable errors and a message that pops up saying "Resource AdminDialogFull not found".

Really really excited about the future of this tool. One minor bug, if a player cancels their contact admin request the same notification pops up for the admins saying a player needs help, not really a big deal but this is what I did to try to fix it, not sure if it's the best way.

"EAT_contactAdminServer" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
     _array = (_this select 1);
     _addRemove = (_array select 0);

if(_addRemove == "add") then {
          _array = _array - ["add"];
          helpQueue = helpQueue + _array;
     } else {
          _array = _array - ["remove"];
          helpQueue = helpQueue - _array;
     };
     EAT_contactAdminClient = [helpQueue,_addRemove];
     {
          if ((getPlayerUID _x) in AdminAndModList) then { //check if the clientID(uniqueID) is an admin|mod
          (owner _x) publicVariableClient "EAT_contactAdminClient";
          };
     } forEach entities "CAManBase";
};

"EAT_contactAdminClient" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
     helpQueue = ((_this select 1)select 0);
     _addRemove = ((_this select 1)select 1);
     if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminAndModList) then {
          if (_addRemove == "add") then {
               systemChat "****A player needs help****";
          }
          else {
               systemChat "****A player Canceled Their Request****";
          };
     };
};

Ok, try the new v2.0 branch. We had an odd issue where not all of the files were added properly. I think all of the files are finally in properly and the readme has information on current issues and some of the new hotkeys.

BOTH the GUI and the old scroll should be active by default. I believe it is f11 right now to activate the GUI. This will change in the future and you can change it yourself if you want. The normal scroll menu should work just like the current 1.9.2 test branch (this is stable with new and faster items) so it should be safe to use the v2.0 test on an active server.

If you are using either test branch report any issues here. The 1.9.2 test branch is pretty much finished with the exception of an improvement coming to the epoch buildings tool (having an issue where the gui is more of a hindrance than a help). Remember to test everything with this as it is the next release. I am sure I have fixed the player heal script this time, there is now an action menu for players (you can disable this or modify it with ease in the config.sqf file), adminlist.sqf is has been replaced with config.sqf, and a number of other features. Please also give suggestions such as something that should be in action menu.

Just upgraded to the latest 2.0 commit, the base admin scroll menu is working fine, haven't really found any bugs with it yet. However the gui is not working at all for me. First rpt error I got

Error in expression <dminHighlightTool = !AdminHighlightTool
{deleteVehicle _x;} forEach nearestObjec>
  Error position: <{deleteVehicle _x;} forEach nearestObjec>
  Error Missing ;
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\admintools\AdminMainGUI.sqf, line 939

Missing a ; after AdminHighlightTool = !AdminHighlightTool

I get a few other undefined variable errors and a message that pops up saying "Resource AdminDialogFull not found".

Really really excited about the future of this tool. One minor bug, if a player cancels their contact admin request the same notification pops up for the admins saying a player needs help, not really a big deal but this is what I did to try to fix it, not sure if it's the best way.

"EAT_contactAdminServer" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
     _array = (_this select 1);
     _addRemove = (_array select 0);

if(_addRemove == "add") then {
          _array = _array - ["add"];
          helpQueue = helpQueue + _array;
     } else {
          _array = _array - ["remove"];
          helpQueue = helpQueue - _array;
     };
     EAT_contactAdminClient = [helpQueue,_addRemove];
     {
          if ((getPlayerUID _x) in AdminAndModList) then { //check if the clientID(uniqueID) is an admin|mod
          (owner _x) publicVariableClient "EAT_contactAdminClient";
          };
     } forEach entities "CAManBase";
};

"EAT_contactAdminClient" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
     helpQueue = ((_this select 1)select 0);
     _addRemove = ((_this select 1)select 1);
     if ((getPlayerUID player) in AdminAndModList) then {
          if (_addRemove == "add") then {
               systemChat "****A player needs help****";
          }
          else {
               systemChat "****A player Canceled Their Request****";
          };
     };
};

Thanks for that. Fixed it. If you find a small thing like the semicolon feel free to just send a pull request in to the correct branch. It will show you as a contributor to the project on the github too, which is always a nice thing to have.

Bit of an update on the 1.9.2 test branch situation:
I have decided to redo the building GUI entirely. I was reusing the vehicle GUI, but it just wasn't working as well as I wanted it to. I am currently finishing up the new one, which looks a lot better. The big issue we were having is that the number of buildings that exist is incredibly long and filtering them has proven to be an issue. It has come to the point where we must manually add the items rather than pull from the cfg files. This means the completion of the building system will take a long time, but will not hold up the advancement to 1.9.2  The plan is to finish the new GUI, populate it with all current buildings that already exist in the tool (nothing new this round), and then to add one final new feature. New buildings will be added incrementally through future updates.

Here's a bit of the work:
10968435_909370765792834_168103643952766

EDIT:
Basic version of this is now live and working in the 1.9.2 test branch. Most of the buildings are not in there, but there are a number of residential and religious ones done. The permanent spawn option DOES work.