Updating to 1.0.1.5 manually

boxman80

Question

Hi guys,

I'll be attempting to manually update our new Epoch server from 1.0.1.4 to 1.0.1.5 tonight. I'll be following the instructions here;-

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Server_Installation_Instructions

The host is HFB servers and this seems a bit too straight forward. So am I right in thinking all I need to do is download the files, extract them, import the epoch.sql to my server and then edit and upload  the HiveExt.ini to the server?

is that it?

Sorry its the first update ive done for epoch and still finding my feet as I dont want to be at the mercy of a hosting company, relying on the to update our server.

8 answers to this question

I rented my first dayz server with HFB 3 days ago, and regret it hughelky already. My server doesnt even seem to work unless i connect through DayzCommander, if anybody tries to join it through steam it gives missing or deleted content errors, joining through DayzCommander seems to work though. I sent in an emergency support ticket 3 days ago now, and still havent even had a reply yet. All thier dayz maps seem to be outdated already, i can only install the 1.7.6.1 version of Dayz and only the 1.0.4.1 for epoch. After reading the install instructions on the epoch wiki it seems that we need to create a new database and import the epoch.sql but i dont have permission to create a new database with HFB.

This is my first time hosting a dayz server and i am stuck as to what to do next now. If you figure it out please post here, i know nothing about MySql and im desperate now to get epoch 1.0.1.5 installed so i can begin reading up on how modding works, i cant do anything until i know i am running the latest version.

The server banner in the OP seems to show its now running 1.0.1.5 so i am presuming its possible, i just lack the knowledge i think :(

Edit, seems like its a different server he is talking about to the banner shown

The number there can be edited anyhow, i could change it to say "new epoch 1.0.2.0" so you cant go on that alone

Ah ok thanks man, well if anyone could help me upgrade to 1.0.1.5 or install an admin tool for my epoch server i would be eternally grateful. I downloaded bluephoenix's admin tools but i really am a noob at most of this kind of thing and i am terrified of breaking my server completely.

Yea the server in my signature is our .st server.

It IS possible to update your server manually with HFB and I dont think you need to create a new table (the instructions are for installing the server from fresh), or so I believe, which is why I made the original post - just for confirmation. HFB and Vilayer look to be almost identical in their method of supporting Epoch. I would say though in hindsight had I know thant I would have went to Vilayer as I've had a Vilayer server before and at the very least, I know their support is active and tickets are responded to quickly. Not that HFB aren't,  but I have a bit more confidence in Vilayer, being the bigger company.  

The only issues ive had with HFB so far are Battle eye script restrictions when using Bungle's admin pack and the fact they havent got an automatic update yet for 1,0,1,5 but I was told yesterday that one would be available "either tomorrow or the next day".

John mac if you are having issue feel free to message me or hop on our TS3 server and ill give you a  hand trying to figure out what went wrong and to fix it. Theres a free admin tool build into Bungles admin mod, its pretty useful too. HFB in-built admin tools WON'T work with Epoch. If you do switch server hosts dayz.st's admin map works with Epoch and they are pretty straight forward to use for novice admins.

As I say, feel free to grab me on teamspeak (server address on our website @ www.bsbnetwork.com) for help but Im not online till Sunday though now mate as im away for the weekend. 

Yea the server in my signature is our .st server.

It IS possible to update your server manually with HFB and I dont think you need to create a new table (the instructions are for installing the server from fresh), or so I believe, which is why I made the original post - just for confirmation. HFB and Vilayer look to be almost identical in their method of supporting Epoch. I would say though in hindsight had I know thant I would have went to Vilayer as I've had a Vilayer server before and at the very least, I know their support is active and tickets are responded to quickly. Not that HFB aren't,  but I have a bit more confidence in Vilayer, being the bigger company.  

The only issues ive had with HFB so far are Battle eye script restrictions when using Bungle's admin pack and the fact they havent got an automatic update yet for 1,0,1,5 but I was told yesterday that one would be available "either tomorrow or the next day".

John mac if you are having issue feel free to message me or hop on our TS3 server and ill give you a  hand trying to figure out what went wrong and to fix it. Theres a free admin tool build into Bungles admin mod, its pretty useful too. HFB in-built admin tools WON'T work with Epoch. If you do switch server hosts dayz.st's admin map works with Epoch and they are pretty straight forward to use for novice admins.

As I say, feel free to grab me on teamspeak (server address on our website @ www.bsbnetwork.com) for help but Im not online till Sunday though now mate as im away for the weekend. 

any instructions for doing this im currently running a hfb server and wouldnt mind being upto date