Server restarting randomnly

robbiedarza

Question

Hello there, is anyone else having trouble when there server just randomly restarts for no reason with no warning.

Its a real pain and people are afraid to fly!!

Is is a new patch problem or a dayz.st problem???

Just wondering if anyone else knows

Many thanks

Robbiedarza

18 answers to this question

This issue is caused by the instaactions.sqf file which the hosts uses for there live admin map.  i suggest disabling it until they fix it if they fix it lol.

To disable it go into the server_monitor and comment out the call for the instaactions.sqf at the top.

i tried this but the server doesn't start authentication after i have commented it out.

So glad to hear I am not crazy, I have been pulling my hair out with this exact problem with my DayZ.st server.    I will try the instaactions.sqf fix tomorrow, as its pretty late here.  I'll update when I find out if it works.

I am assuming that I can just change the call in server_monitor to a custom location and throw in the 1.0.3.1 version from the sound of things?   

Also, I would LOVE it if someone would tell me how they isolated the problem down to this.  I want to learn as much as I can, and especially don't want to go through this hellish week of constant troubleshooting again.   My player base is losing patience with me.

So glad to hear I am not crazy, I have been pulling my hair out with this exact problem with my DayZ.st server.    I will try the instaactions.sqf fix tomorrow, as its pretty late here.  I'll update when I find out if it works.

I am assuming that I can just change the call in server_monitor to a custom location and throw in the 1.0.3.1 version from the sound of things?   

Also, I would LOVE it if someone would tell me how they isolated the problem down to this.  I want to learn as much as I can, and especially don't want to go through this hellish week of constant troubleshooting again.   My player base is losing patience with me.

No need to do a custom call as the file is located in your server.pbo already if its the one you downloaded from your panel. Just switch the file out.

It works. I ended up just commenting out the line, and everything seems to be fine. Overall server FPS is back up by about 15 on average as well. I think I will just continue to comment this out even if it gets fixed, unless there are any downsides?

(As a side note, I tossed DZMS in last night. Fucking BRAVO, Vampire. I run WAI and had looked into CMS and EMS as a second system previously but the code was just a mess, and illegible to me as a relative newcomer to coding. I left them behind as too much work to customize. DZMS? I can read this, and understand exactly what I need to do to customize every single thing. Amazing work, and much appreciated.)

To prevent a derail entirely I'll ask again, is there any downsides to leaving instaaction.sqf commented out? I looked through it, and to my untrained eyes it just looks like it handles the web interface admin tools. I won't miss anything there, except maybe the GUI default loadout editor. (Which is broken anyway, and editing the database directly for that isn't hard.) I haven't seen any adverse effects on the server either, so maybe it's ok?

while {true} do {
	if (isNil _firstStartAction) then {
		format ['CHILD:999:DELETE FROM `InstaActions`:[1]:'] call server_hiveWrite;
		_firstStartAction = '1';
	};
	sleep 5;
	if (isServer and !(isNil "sm_done")) then {	
		_key = 'CHILD:999:SELECT `id`, `clientSide`, `execCode`, `repeatAction`, `description` FROM `InstaActions` ORDER BY `id` ASC:[1]:';
		_result = _key call server_hiveReadWriteLarge;

_status  = _result select 0;

if (_status == 'CustomStreamStart') then {
			_numResults = _result select 1;
			_actionsArr = [];
			for '_i' from 1 to _numResults do {
				_actionsArr set [count _actionsArr, _key call server_hiveReadWrite];
			};
			{
				_rAction = compile (_x select 2);
				_clientSide = _x select 1;
				_repeatAction = _x select 3;
				_description = _x select 4;
				if (_clientSide == 1) then {
					[nil,nil, rSpawn, [], _rAction] call RE;
				} else {
					[] spawn _rAction;
				};
				if (_repeatAction == 0) then {
					diag_log("InstaActions: Executed non-repeating action - clientSide " + str(_clientSide) + " - " + str(_description));
					format ['CHILD:999:DELETE FROM `InstaActions` where `id` = ?:[%1]:', _x select 0] call server_hiveWrite;
				} else {
					diag_log("InstaActions: Executed repeating action - clientSide " + str(_clientSide) + " - " + str(_description));
				};
			} foreach _actionsArr;
		};
	};
};

can anyone tell me if this is the 1.0.3.1  instaaction.sqf file?

Hello, ive got this problem too, i use the a backup from 1.0.3.1(works great) but it disables me the option to use any antihack (Infistar Antihack) and the control panel (Map Menu), did anyone found a solution to get everything working, including the anti hacks?

So im kinda stuck, if i get the newest instaactions.sqf my server just crashes, but if i get the old one my antihacks dont work :(

Best Regards!

Ricardo