Suggestion List: Weapon Additions

Cypher

After reading Connorbarnes' excellent idea here: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/726-suggestion-hk-416-pack/

I figured it would be good to get a community thread going with a big list of weapons we would like to see added to Epoch.

After each weapon/pack, I will include a small section with some issues as I see them.

So to start, of course:

RH HK-416 Pack:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11789

• CTAR 21
  • HK 416 SD
  • HK 416 Aimpoint SD
  • These should use (And if i remember right; do) standard STANAG or STANAG SD so ammo wouldnt be an issue. Having more suppressed rifles beyond the M4A1 CCO SD & HK G36K Eotech SD would be nice.

ACR Pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14975

• M60E4
  • M60E4 ACOG
  • MP5SD6 CCO
  • Sa58 CCO w/ Flashlight
  • Some of the weapons in this pack are just re-colorings of current weapons and really would not need to be added. The above weapons though would be a very nice addition. Currently there is no MP5 with an optic. Also the M60 and especially the M60 with an ACOG would be nice since there is no ACOG equiped MG currently. As for the Sa58 CCO w/ Flashlight, its not much more than a version of the current Sa58 CCO with a flashlight which could be very helpful for some. All of these should use current ammo (M60 should be using M240 belts) so no issues there.

Aug Pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18028

• AUG Holo
  • I don't know, without looking into the pack itself, what other variants there are other than the Holo version and the TWS (Thermal) version. Definately not for adding the thermal, but adding a Holo version would be nice. Just another gun that should use standard STANAG's. Options are good.

M4A3 ACOG/IR: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11340

• M4A3 ACOG/IR
  • The pack only includes one weapon, a M4A3 with an ACOG and IR Laser. Since the only other ACOG in the game is the M16A4, this would be a nice addition.

L128A1: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20767

• L128A1 (M1014 w/ Holo & Flashlight)
  • So this is basically an upgrade to the M1014 shotgun currently ingame. It adds a Holo sight and a flashlight to it. This basically would make it a top tier shotgun. Would be great to have.

L110A1: (Currently in game..ish)

• BAF brought in the L110A1 which is nothing more than an M249 with CCO (ok technically its a shortened version of the M249 called the SPW). Long story short, it is in there already. Issue is, in the normal code, it uses a backpack slot like all the other machineguns did (before they got edited to stop this, hence why they all have the _DZ tag). Point is..Please? The M240 has an upgrade..the Mk48 Mod 0, show some love to the M249 by giving it an upgrade too.

RH M14 Pack: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11374

• M14 w/ ACOG & CCO (Its an ACOG that you can hit your switch optics button to swap to a red dot. Think of how the G36A & G36K's optics work)
  • Right now we have 1..M14. It would be nice to see more, especially with different optics. Hell, the SOCOM series just looks badass anyways. Should use DMR so easier implementation there.

RH Pistol Pack Remake: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12800

• Kimber 1911
  • Kimber 1911 SD
  • M9
  • M9SD
  • M93-R
  • Besides the M93-R (Which is a burst capable variant of the M9), the rest should be used as REPLACEMENTS for current weapons. Sorry but the stock 1911, M9 and M9SD suck..horribly. The sights stink and the guns look like someone used them to wipe their arse with. I have used this pack, and these weapons, in a mod I did way back when. They are great and are a big improvement over the stock versions. As for the M93R, should use the same ammo as the M9. I do believe it has its own special magazine (in addition to standard M9 ammo), but that can easily be removed in the code. Same goes for the Kimber. I believe it also comes with its own 8rnd magazine, but again the code can easily be changed to make it take the regular (So none of the .45ACP Revolver to .45 ACP 1911 scripts get screwed up).  As for the Kimber 1911 SD, it SHOULD be made to take the standard 7rnd .45ACP 1911 magazines. There is NO NEED for a special SD ammo. Why? Fun thing about .45ACP, it is subsonic by nature (Anywhere from 700 to 900fps depending on the load), this means that it already is, by all technical aspects, SD.  This would add yet another SD pistol to the game, one with a bit more stopping power than either of the weak little 9mm's (Can you tell I prefer .45ACP over 9mm?).

•  

EDIT:

So above I was saying how a separate ammo wouldn't be needed, I was wrong, because I forgot something. Basically the state of being suppressed is held in two places. The first is the weapon itself, this is where the SOUND of the shot, is held. This is what another PLAYER will hear. So you dont technically need SD ammo for a weapon to be suppressed FOR PLAYERS. They will hear the sound as dictated by the weapon. In this case, if the weapon is saying to play this suppressed sound (compared to the regular), it will do so. Thus players will only hear that sound (if they are close enough to hear it). However..the problem is this..the AI (Zombies) don't give a shit about this sound file, its for players only. What zombies care about is what is in the BULLET information. If you look down to where the CheyTac is listed, you can see what I mean. The first code snippet is from the bullet and a very critical codepiece called 'audiblefire'. THIS is the only thing the AI(Zombies) care about when it comes to a weapon being suppressed.  As an example...the 'audiblefire' for B_556x45_Ball (The ammo that is in a STANAG) is 16 (Its actually in BulletCore. B_556x45_Ball inherits stuff from BulletBase which inherits stuff from BulletCore. It is there that the 'audiblefire' for the round is.) yet the 'audiblefire' for B_556x45_SD (The ammo that is in a STANAG SD) is 0.07.   Basically what that means is that an AI can hear the B_556x45_Ball being fired from 16 Meters away while they can only hear a B_556x45_SD being fired from 0.07 Meters away. Because of all this (That I only recently was reminded of), a separate ammo class, and thus magazine class would need to be implemented for the Kimber 1911 SD.

HOWEVER! All is not lost. The way I handled this, WITHOUT creating more stuff in the loot table is as follows. Everyone knows how you can turn a .45ACP clip for the Revolver into a .45ACP magazine for the 1911 (In game I mean). It is done using a script. I basically copied the script and changed the data. Meaning that I ADDED a script to the .45ACP 1911 Magazine that allowed it to be swapped from regular .45ACP to a .45ACP SD magazine on the fly. Fairly easy to be honest and I would be happy to hand over my scripts on them if it would help. The reason for this is that, as I had originally said, .45ACP is (in reality) already SD on its own. So the users would be able to pick up a .45ACP Magazine for a 1911 and tell the game to 'convert' it to an SD magazine. Same damage, but now the AI(Zombies) will recognize that it is suppressed. Without this..the AI will think its an unsuppressed firearm even if players only hear the suppressed sound. It creates problems..trust me.

Again, its all fairly easy and doesn't require another item to drop if done using the scripts.

RH SMG Pack:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13788

• PDR
  • MP5K w/ Reflex Optic
  • UMP & Kriss
  •  

First off, the PDR uses STANAG mags and the MP5K uses standard MP5 mags so no new ammo for either. The PDR is just a nice gun and the MP5K w/ Reflex is basically a version of the MP5K-PDW with a reflex sight. This would be a side-grade to the MP5 currently in game. It has the optic, but due to being an MP5K it has a shorter barrel and is less accurate a bit.  These two should be easy to put in with little hassle. As for the UMP and Kriss, the best thing would be to create a new .45ACP SMG magazine that they both could use instead of having two seperate magazines. It is a pain with two, I have done it once and regret it so quickly I changed them both to take the same magazine (25Rnd .45ACP SMG to be exact). There are a few versions of each in the pack so there are plenty of options as to which to include. In the end the fact is that we don't have any .45ACP SMG's in the game (We have..2 pistols and that is all), seeing some SMG's in .45ACP would be nice. As I said before, the SD versions can be brought in with minimum hassle due to the already subsonic (SD) nature of the .45ACP round. (Read above for how to handle the .45ACP SD vs non-SD issue easily)

CheyTac M200 SD: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6305

• ...M200 SD...
  • Added this to the list so my roommate won't kill me, he is in love with this gun. Now, from experience, let me say something on bringing this gun in. First off, it is an ARMA2 weapon so you need to add zeroing to it (fun times). Second it is an entirely new ammo type, an SD one at that. Third, you will have issues wherein the SD sound won't actually count towards zombies. There is a fix, no worries. And fourth..this puppy is just as deadly as the .50BMG's but oh right..it is SD. It is a scary powerful gun..absolutely scary. It has a max range of 2300m and the optics CAN see that far. Is it a great fun and effective weapon? Yep. Will it allow one guy to be the most feared sniper ever? Yep. Is it exceptionally overpowered (Not as in more powerful than it SHOULD be, just straight up overpowered compared to the other weapons currently in the mod)? ABSOLUTELY.

• Here is the code snippet i used to fix the problems with the gun.
  • For the Ammo:
    	        visibleFire = 0.3;			// how much is visible when this weapon is fired
    		audibleFire = 0.3; 			//how audible it is
    		visibleFireTime = 2;		// how long is it visible
    		airFriction = -0.0004;

For the Gun:
                    type = "1";
    		weaponInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing";
    		discreteDistance[] = {100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2200};
    		discreteDistanceInitIndex = 2;	
    		dexterity = 0.45;
    		magazines[] = {"AR_5Rnd_408_SD"};

(Ignore the magazine thing at the end, in the mod i had created, everything was renamed with an AR prefix as most of it was changed in some way)

X26/X3 Tasers: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18624  (Thanks to fr1nk for the suggestion)

• Could be nice. The knockout feature is in, this just adds a ranged knockout option. Personally, I am no bandit, I hate killing other survivors. This would give me a way of ensuring my own safety while also not killing another survivor. Taser them, then either explain to them how to proceed and then epi them..or leave them and go about your way.

More Civilian Weapons: [NO LINK] (Thanks to Connorbarnes for this idea)

If you want to post a weapon/pack of weapons, please make sure to include the link. Also, if you only want a specific weapon from a pack, make sure to say so.

As a minor thing, anything listed with an RH infront of it was created by RobertHammer. If you aren't familiar with him, he is one of the best weapon designers in the ARMA2 community. He does top notch work and his guns are flawless.

EDIT Reason: I made a mistake! Look above for the crossed out text and the edit text following it. Also apparently I am not allowed to use a ton of quotes, so i had to change things. Oh well.

Some really great suggestions.

My issue with tasers is sorta odd. They are a main part of the Fusion mod and that is why I was hesitant to add them to the list, but if folks want em, coolies.

Connor, that pack is..meh to be honest. I looked at and was not impressed.

However, you bring up a great idea: civilian weapons.

Here, ill explain...

Here is the config entry for the M4A1 (Using it as an example).

class M4A1: M16_base {
descriptionshort = "Assault rifle <br/>Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO";
dexterity = 1.8;
displayname = "M4A1";
drysound[] = {"Ca\sounds\Weapons\rifles\dry", 0.00562341, 1};
model = "\ca\weapons_E\m4a3\m4a1";
modes[] = {"Single", "FullAuto"};
optics = 1;
opticsdisableperipherialvision = 1;
picture = "\ca\Weapons\Data\equip\w_m4_ca.paa";
reloadmagazinesound[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\rifles\reload-m16-3", 0.0562341, 1, 20};
scope = 2;
uipicture = "\CA\weapons\data\Ico\i_regular_CA.paa";
value = 2;
class Single: Single {
begin1[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\rifles\M4A_single1", 1.77828, 1, 1000};
begin2[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\rifles\M4A_single2", 1.77828, 1, 1000};
dispersion = 0.00175;
maxrange = 300;
maxrangeprobab = 0.05;
midrange = 150;
midrangeprobab = 0.7;
minrange = 2;
minrangeprobab = 0.3;
reloadtime = 0.09;
soundbegin[] = {"begin1", 0.5, "begin2", 0.5};
};
class FullAuto: FullAuto {
};
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The M4A1 Carbine is a shortened version of M16. It sports a shortened barrel and collapsible stock, making it the Special Operations weapon of choice. In contrast to the M16A2, with its 3-round burst mode, the M4A1 is capable of fully automatic fire.<br/>Thanks to the SOPMOD program the M4A1 can be modified with a variety of special accessories including optics such as the M68 Aimpoint and ACOG, an easily detachable suppressor, the M203 under barrel grenade launcher, and many others.";
};
};
SIX Config Browser, 2010-2012, SIX Networks 

Now, with a little editing..we can make a new weapon. Case in point..

class M4A1_C_DZ: M16_base {
dexterity = 1.8;
displayname = "M4A1 SAO";
modes[] = {"Single"};
optics = 1;
reloadmagazinesound[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\rifles\reload-m16-3", 0.0562341, 1, 20};
scope = 2;
value = 2;
dispersion = 0.00175;
maxrange = 300;
maxrangeprobab = 0.05;
midrange = 150;
midrangeprobab = 0.7;
minrange = 2;
minrangeprobab = 0.3;
reloadtime = 0.09;
};
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The M4A1 Carbine is a shortened version of M16. It sports a shortened barrel and collapsible stock, making it the Special Operations weapon of choice. In contrast to the M16A2, with its 3-round burst mode, the M4A1 is capable of fully automatic fire.<br/>Thanks to the SOPMOD program the M4A1 can be modified with a variety of special accessories including optics such as the M68 Aimpoint and ACOG, an easily detachable suppressor, the M203 under barrel grenade launcher, and many others.";
};
};
SIX Config Browser, 2010-2012, SIX Networks 

So what changed? I changed the modes entry to only have Semi-Automatic (Single shots) by removing the Full Auto addition. Then i removed the full auto part later in the code. I also gave it its own class name (M4A1_C_DZ) where the C denotes 'civilian'.  I also changed its display name to M4A1 SAO which means Semi-Automatic Only

Basically what this means is I just created a new weapon..a semi-automatic only M4A1..a civilian M4A1.

I don't know about everyone else here, but in real life, I own more than a fair amount of firearms (I collect Military firearms). One of the guns I own is a M4A1. It is military spec, same gun the military uses, except that it is Semi-Automatic Only (SAO).

Point is, you would be 10 times more likely to find a Semi-Automatic Only variant than a full auto one.

I would LOVE to see a total rebalance of the weapon system towards more civilian weapons (There are already some like the Lee Enfield, Winchester, Etc).

It would require some work though, but not all that difficult since basically you would be copying what is already there and removing a few key pieces to 'civilianize' certain weapons.

I think a good list of potential civilian weapons would be..

• M16A2
  • M4A1
  • AK-47 (AKM is its ingame name I believe)

These could be added to the loot tables of residential and such, since they would be civilian weapons.

The problem is..people might just rush for military all the same. The only way to make this work would be to turn down the lootchances (This is the part of the code that determines if loot spawns or not, check note at end for more) for military to show that it is harder to find military firearms. And of course the price of military weapons (Full autos) would go up on the traders.

This would of course be an entire shift for Epoch and that is really the call of the Devs if they want to make that direction change. They have already made many directional changes away from standard Dayz, and in my opinion they are for the better.

Note on Lootchance:

Just wanted to share this so people knew what I mean.

In the loot tables of Dayz (And thus Epoch) there is some info, two sets of chances (Shown as three/four digit values such as 0.01 which would be 1 percent).

The first of these chances is LootChance. Let's say we are looking at a building, a residential say, that has 8 potential loot spots. The lootchance is run for EACH of these spots when conditions for loot spawning occur (There isn't loot currently there, someone is not too close or too far). Let us say (AS AN EXAMPLE) that the Lootchance for Residential (which is the class of the building we are looking at) is 0.5.

That means there is a 50% chance PER LOOT PILE for it to spawn.

IF that loot pile passes this Lootchance check and the game decides that the pile WILL SPAWN, then it goes to a second set of data.

This second set is where all the specific stuff is stored (Like a specific weapon or tool or bag). Each of these have a percentage of their own and they are weighed against eachother (Versus out of 100%).

Once the game's Random Number Generator decides on which item...it spawns it..unless..one thing.

Within this second group of data are some..special things. These are called 'mini-loots'. IF the game decides that one of these spawn...then it goes to an ENTIRELY different list that includes these 'mini' items (Hunting knives for example).

It will choose a certain number of items from these lists.

Honestly the loot system is a bit complicated but I have done a lot of work with it in the past. Point is..adding stuff and playing with the numbers is a very delicate procedure. Due to how the percentages work (Weighed against eachother vs against a flat total) things can go weird fast.

So yeh.

All in all, would love to see more civilian weapons and less military weapons. Would make it feel..more realistic.

Short of making our own civilian weapons, not a lot out there since ARMA2 is primarily a military-sim game.

EDIT: Add yalls suggestions above.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14167 This pack could do well in epoch. i would like to see more civ weapons like the winchester etc make it feel more like survival.

I agree.

Also I don't think all the changes to make civilianized m4 etc. is needed.  H&Ks in this pack are good enough.  I don't think we need more high powered rifles, snipers, SAW's etc. 

God..Damnit...

So after my last post, i couldn't stop thinking of code. So with that said..

DZE at the end of the class names means DayZEpoch. Feel free to change that to whatever system you have.

M4A1 Civilian

class M4A1_C_DZE: M16_base {
dexterity = 1.8;
displayname = "M4A1 Civilian";
modes[] = {"Single"};
optics = 1;
scope = 2;
value = 2;
dispersion = 0.00175;
maxrange = 300;
maxrangeprobab = 0.05;
midrange = 150;
midrangeprobab = 0.7;
minrange = 2;
minrangeprobab = 0.3;
reloadtime = 0.09;
};
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The M4A1 SAO (Semi-Automatic Only) Carbine is a civilian version of the military's M4A1 Carbine. It is able to use the same ammo as its military counterparts and functions in exactly the same way despite its restriction on available fire modes.";
};
};

M4A1 CCO Civilian

class M4A1_Aim_C_DZE: M4A1_C_DZE {
displayname = "M4A1 CCO Civilian";
distancezoommax = 100;
distancezoommin = 100;
model = "\ca\Weapons\M4A1_Aim";
picture = "\CA\weapons\data\equip\w_m4aim_ca.paa";
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The M4A1 SAO CCO is an upgrade to the basic civilian weapon with the addition of a Aimpoint red dot sighte";
};
};

M16 Civilian

class M16_C_DZE: M16_base {
afmax = 0;
dexterity = 1.64;
displayname = "M16 Civilian";
drysound[] = {"Ca\sounds\Weapons\rifles\dry", 0.000316228, 1, 10};
htmax = 480;
htmin = 1;
mfact = 1;
mfmax = 0;
model = "\ca\weapons_e\m16\M16A2";
modes[] = {"Single"};
optics = 1;
picture = "\CA\weapons\data\equip\w_m16_ca.paa";
scope = 2;
tbody = 100;
value = 0;
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The Civilian M16, commonly called an AR-15, is a SAO (Semi-Auto Only) version of the classic US Military Rifle.";
};
};

M16 ACOG Civilian

class M16_ACG_C_DZE: m16a4 {
dexterity = 1.51;
displayname = "M16 ACOG Civilian";
distancezoommax = 100;
distancezoommin = 100;
model = "\ca\weapons\m16\m16a4_acg";
modeloptics = "\ca\weapons\2Dscope_Acog_4x32";
modes[] = {"Single"};
opticsflare = 1;
opticsppeffects[] = {"OpticsCHAbera2", "OpticsBlur2"};
opticszoommax = 0.0623;
opticszoommin = 0.0623;
picture = "\CA\weapons\data\Equip\W_m16a4_acg_CA.paa";
maxrange = 600;
maxrangeprobab = 0.1;
midrange = 300;
midrangeprobab = 0.9;
minrange = 2;
minrangeprobab = 0.3;
};
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The Civilian M16, commonly called an AR-15, is a SAO (Semi-Auto Only) version of the classic US Military Rifle. <br/>This one is equipped with an ACOG.";
};
};

AKM Civilian

class AK_47_M_C_DZE: AK_BASE {
afmax = 0;
descriptionshort = "Assault rifle<br/>Caliber: 7.62x39mm";
dexterity = 1.57;
discretedistance[] = {100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800};
discretedistanceinitindex = 2;
displayname = "AKM Civilian";
handanim[] = {"OFP2_ManSkeleton", "\Ca\weapons\Data\Anim\AK.rtm"};
htmax = 480;
htmin = 1;
magazines[] = {"30Rnd_762x39_AK47", "30Rnd_762x39_SA58"};
mfact = 1;
mfmax = 0;
model = "\ca\weapons_e\AK\akm";
modes[] = {"Single"};
picture = "\ca\weapons\AK\Data\Equip\W_akm_CA.paa";
scope = 2;
tbody = 100;
weaponinfotype = "RscWeaponZeroing";
class Single: Mode_SemiAuto {
begin1[] = {"ca\sounds\weapons\rifles\ak_single1", 1.77828, 1, 1000};
dispersion = 0.0018;
maxrange = 400;
maxrangeprobab = 0.05;
midrange = 200;
midrangeprobab = 0.7;
minrange = 2;
minrangeprobab = 0.3;
recoil = "recoil_single_primary_5outof10";
recoilprone = "recoil_single_primary_prone_5outof10";
reloadtime = 0.1;
soundbegin[] = {"begin1", 1};
};
class Library {
libtextdesc = "The AKM is an upgraded version of the infamous AK-47 rifle developed in the 1950s.<br/> This version is SAO (Semi-Automatic Only) and was produced for the Civilian market.";
};
};

Thats it for now. Hope it can be useful. All are Semi-Auto Only with unique class names while still using the standard ammo for their type.

EDIT:

I agree.

Also I don't think all the changes to make civilianized m4 etc. is needed.  H&Ks in this pack are good enough.  I don't think we need more high powered rifles, snipers, SAW's etc. 

My point about the civilianized weapons was this.

IF they wanted to go that path than the only real way to do that without making them trivial...is to seriously reduce the spawning chance of the Military weapons.

It really would be more understandable to find a civilianized version than a full blown military version.

It would mean a complete change in direction for the weapon systems of Epoch but it would make it better (IMHO).

Besides, who really uses full auto? Semi Auto + Accurate Fire is best when fighting zombies anyways. Save that ammo, go for headshots.

Also..there's a flaw in ARMA2, you can actually click faster on semi-auto then it can fire on full auto. Just saying.

As for more high powered rifles, snipers, SAWs, etc...

90% of what i linked is none of that.

There were 3 LMG's (Every machine gun is not a SAW..), two of which are technically ingame already and just need some tweaks to make them not cause your bag to fall to the ground.

There was also only 1 real sniper rifle (The CheyTac).

The M14, well its current version, is the Mark 14 Mod 0 EBR (Enhanced BATTLE RIFLE). Sure it can be accurate, but not as much as a DMR or M24 or M40 that is currently in game. Plus the M14 is already in, this just gives more options. Basically right now there are 3 Semi-Auto .308 Rifles (One being the FAL which also can fire Full Auto), the other two being the M14 and the DMR. Thats a limited amount for the variety many want.

Then there were pistols and SMG's.

I fail to see how you can basically seem to say that all listed was just a bunch of one shot kill uber sniper rifles or big machine guns when that is far from the truth.

Honestly, if i had to choose one thing on that list...

RH Pistol Pack with the items I mentioned.

The reason is simple, except for the Kimber 1911 SD, no 'new' guns are really added but instead new versions of current guns are provided.

The truth is, as I said, the current versions of the 1911, M9, and M9SD stink.

• The M9SD's sights are simply non-functional as they are blocked by the suppressor, the M9SD in the pack fixes this 100%.
  • The original M9 doesn't have the best sights either, this pack fixes that too.
  • The original 1911 has some of the worst sights I have ever seen on a gun. The sights of the Kimber 1911 replacement are better and make the gun viable.

People love the Revolver for its great sights because so many weapons simple have horrible sights. These three replacements fix that.

Plus the 1911 SD is just..handy. Having only three suppressed pistols (All of which are in 9mm) is..depressing.  (Ok ok the Makarov is technically 9x18mm while the M9 and PDW are 9x19mm Parabellum, but its all 9mm in the end).

So yeh, that would be my FIRST choice right there.

Technically the files could be copied over and the class names changed in the loot tables and trader tables and that would be it. Current ones ('old' models) would still be there and could be easily discarded as people found the new ones. Easiest swap in history.

Second, I would focus on expanding the capabilities of current weapons types. That means the L1110A1, the MP5SD6 with optic, the MP5K-PDW with optic, the M4A3 with ACOG, and the L128A1 (M1014 with Holo & Flashlight).

Only third would I worry about adding 'new' new stuff like the AUG's, 416's (Really there is no difference other than a model versus the current M4s), UMPs, Kriss, Cheytacs, etc.

So yeh, just want to make that known.

Like all of the weapon packs ideas except the Cheytac. We need less sniper rifles as advanced scopes would be hard to maintain, protect, procure as time goes by. The equipment needed to fix a scope once it is damaged is rare and specialized. Reality aside we need more pistols and SMGs then add it some of the more common assault rifles such as the AUG, FAMAS, Galil, G3, etc. and less of the latest skinniest guns.