[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

Just wanted to say thanks for making this. I set up a LAN server (to learn on) and was able to install your mission system easily. I do have one question though. Is it possible to disable the markers and and warnings?  I'm not a big fan of the magic map fairy marking the locations. If I stumble across them and get dead through lack of awareness that's on me.

My suggestion for added stuff is bandit loot teams in random towns with a cargo truck with random loot in it anything from ammo to scrap metal.

installed it on the server and it seems to run fine for awhile and then starts to spam error in RPT.

error is:

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
16:27:01   Error position: <DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
16:27:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmajdone
16:27:01 File z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf, line 36
16:27:01 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

I run it on DayZ Epoch Panthera

TheVampire

Can you please help me, I have got this mission running static on an island on Napf, how do I restrict it to say 3 or 4 major missions that spawn same time once a server restart ?

I want to fill up the island with AI, but then i don't want it to spawn with cars, maybe one chopper and crates for the other missions. also I want to disable the marker and mission start text, as I dont want it to show same as general mission.

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
21:59:28   Error position: <DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
21:59:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmindone
21:59:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf, line 42
21:59:28 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

installed it on the server and it seems to run fine for awhile and then starts to spam error in RPT.

error is:

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
16:27:01   Error position: <DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
16:27:01   Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmajdone
16:27:01 File z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf, line 36
16:27:01 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

I run it on DayZ Epoch Panthera

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
21:59:28   Error position: <DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
21:59:28   Error Undefined variable(变量) in expression: dzmsmindone
21:59:28 File z\addons(插件)\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf, line 42

When a mission happens 

my RPT spams this like mad until the mission is captured. Thus resulting in no message recieved for 60seconds and severe server performance hits.

Help please?

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
13:23:42 Error position: <DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
13:23:42 Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmajdone
13:23:42 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf, line 42
13:23:42 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

~Mochan

In the instructions, it says to unpack my Server.pbo file, but I don't have that file. The closest file I have is "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\DayZ Epoch Server\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server.pbo".

Is that the same thing?

Edit: Just installed according to the instructions, using the dayz_server.pbo file in place of the "server.pbo" mentioned in the instructions. They seem to be exactly the same. But the server hangs at "Waiting for server to start authentication" when I connect to it. Is this a common problem? Any ideas what I could have done wrong? I put the DZMS folder directly into the .pbo, and my server_monitor file has this section of code:

diag_log format["Total Number of spawn locations %1", actualSpawnMarkerCount];

endLoadingScreen;
    };
[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSInit.sqf";
    allowConnection = true;    
    sm_done = true;
    publicVariable "sm_done";
};

That should be correct, yes? Not sure why this is happening. Can anyone help?

If you are getting an error like this:

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
21:59:28   Error position: <DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
21:59:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmindone
21:59:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf, line 42

It usually means you have an error farther up that happens before DZMS runs causing broken brackets to trickle down and break the waitUntil.

If you can post your RPT's I can help.

Having a bit of trouble here.  I got the missions to spawn and work but what I'm trying to do is get the crates to spawn a specific amount of each item/gear etc.  For example, the weapons crates I'd like 5 of each weapon to spawn inside the crate.  My biggest problem is trying to get the building supplies to spawn a specified amount like metal floor kit, 10, cinder block kit 10, large wooden wall, 10 etc.  Ive looked at the script for the spawn and tried adjusting it:

// Epoch Supply Crates
if (_type == "supply") then {
    // load tools
    _scount = count DZMSConTools;
    for "_x" from 0 to 10 do {
        _sSelect = floor(random _sCount);
        _item = DZMSConTools select _sSelect;
        _crate addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item, 1];

but it all still spawns "random numbers" of items?  Is there a way I can set up the crates to spawn a static number?  Something like this:

clearweaponcargoGlobal _bldObj;
clearmagazinecargoGlobal _bldObj;
//Add Cargo
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal
["Cinderblocks",25];
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartPlankPack",15];
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal ["MortarBucket",10];
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal ["PartGeneric",25];
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal ["metal_floor_kit",10];
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemTankTrap",25];
_bldObj addmagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWire",25];

I am a VERY new scripting noob but trying to learn.  If anyone can help just provide a step by step on how I should/could fix this, it would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything else that could cause this.  i tried both PBO manager and cpbo and i get this error and hangs on the awaiting authentication screen.  

http://pastebin.com/Uh35Vvd5

The only thing that would cause that is your server.pbo being corrupt (which means you have to get a non-corrupt copy to modify, you can't try repacking the corrupt version with a new packer) or you are uploading it in the wrong location on your server (which if you have only panel access probably isn't it).

The only thing that would cause that is your server.pbo being corrupt (which means you have to get a non-corrupt copy to modify, you can't try repacking the corrupt version with a new packer) or you are uploading it in the wrong location on your server (which if you have only panel access probably isn't it).

Got it to work, found my OE file and used that.  Tnx

Was playing today and got killed.  I then restarted my server and  as I went to rejoin my server and at the request charater data part it gets hung up and eventually gets disconnected.  Here is the rpt error

http://pastebin.com/HWDcRW8c  I timed out here 

http://pastebin.com/2tsGDHNE  i disconnected and retired to get in

I got it to work.  I think i shut the server down before i aborted the mission.  Fortunately i was able to get into the database and change myself from killed to alive.  Not sure if that is a one off or not but i will keep that in mind should myself or someone logoff before aborting.  

ok I have seen my error being discussed alot but no one is posting RPT's.

my error is

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
 0:00:58   Error position: <DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
 0:00:58   Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmajdone
 0:00:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf, line 42
 0:00:58 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

This occours with both major and minor missions RPT is here:

http://pixelpulse.co.uk/sites/files/TL/report.RPT

Thanks for the quick response as you predicted there still seems to be errors, this is confusing me as this is a fresh install of epoch, nothing has been changed other than adding the dzms, i have tripple checked my addition to the server_monitor.sqf and it is correct.

Heres the new RPT

http://pixelpulse.co.uk/sites/files/TL/report1.RPT

Another problem that shouldn't exit. TavHeight shouldn't matter if its undefined because it shouldn't even check the value of it if _isTavi is false (meaning you aren't running Taviana).

As for the Aicskill, there's no reason it should be undefined unless the skill level of an AI unit isn't a correct skill level. If you havn't modified any of the files, this should be working as intended. Not sure what is going on with it.

I'll push a TavHeight fix.

I believe the issue with _aicskill is a matter of scope. Since it is first declared inside of a switch statement, the switch statement will be the scope of the variable. However, you then reference it outside of the switch statement, the variable will be undefined. Simply adding _aicskill = []; before the switch statement should fix that problem or place it in the private variables line.

For more about variable scopes, you can read https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Variables#Scope

For good measure, I would also suggest that one of the switch cases be labeled as a default in the event _skill isn't defined or is not 0-3.

Can anyone explain to me how to increase the skills to make the AI harder to defeat. For example, in

DZMSSkills3 = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.20,0.25],
["aimingShake",0.85,0.95],
["aimingSpeed",0.80,0.90],
["endurance",0.80,0.90],
["spotDistance",0.70,0.85],
["spotTime",0.70,0.85],
["courage",0.80,1.00],
["reloadSpeed",0.80,0.90],
["commanding",0.80,0.90],
["general",0.80,1.00]

am I right in assuming that if I changed Accuracy to 0.80,0.95 that would be making the AI extremely accurate or am I reading it wrong?

Likewise, if I reduce the Shake to 0.20,0.30 that would make them shake less?

Lastly, what are the commanding and general settings for?

Thanks

Can anyone please explain:

// load construction
    _scount = count DZMSConSupply;
        _crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["CinderBlocks",25];
     for "_x" from 0 to 30 do {
        _item = DZMSConSupply select _sSelect;
        _crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,1];

I added: _crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["CinderBlocks",25]; to get it to spawn a specific number of cinder blocks (at least)

But I'm uncertain how the rest works, what it means, or how to change it:

for "_x" from 0 to 30 do {
        _item = DZMSConSupply select _sSelect;
        _crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,1];

Does it pick an item and randomly assign a quantity? Then repeats it for 30 times with different item each time?

Or is this somehow a chance or percentage of an item to spawn?

What if I want to add an item, like a chainsaw, or a combo lock, but only want it to issue a quantity of "one",
and even then, not every time, but maybe give those two items a 1 percent or a 50 percent chance of spawning, and even then, only a quantity of "one".

Because so far, (out of the box, without changing anything) the missions spawns look almost identical. Some items not at all, some only qty of 1, others qty of 6, etc.

Thanks for any help.

I'm really just getting my feet wet with this stuff. :D