[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

Alright Vampire and scripies.  I want to start customizing and creating my own missions. Maybe one day they will be good enough to post on here for some to try out.  I get some of the basics how these scripts operate but right now I'm at a level of copy pasting and changing a few things and seeing if it goes ok from there.

Your mission scripts seem to be set up very neatly for copypaste customizing although there are still many things I do not understand If I want to make my own and I have a few questions if I may.

So first off, how the hell do I get the correct coordinates for positions, how do you do it? If I wanted to add a crate I simply add a digit and cross my fingers.

How do you set up the scenery so its like prebuilt and just plopped down perfectly? like how you setDir.

Is there a way to set mission AI behavior?

lastly I need a tutorial.

Also I forgot to say, I think a optional vehicle array for the config file would be good.

So you configure the vehicles instead of editing each mission files.

And example from SM4.sqf ....

Original code ...
// old SM4.sqf ...
//We create the vehicles like normal
_ranChopper = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","Mil17_Civilian_DZ","UH1Y_DZ","CH-47F_EP1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_chopper = createVehicle [_ranChopper,_coords,[], 0, "NONE"];

Change it to something like this ...

// set in the DZMSConfig.sqf ...
RanChopperArray = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","Mil17_Civilian_DZ","UH1Y_DZ","CH-47F_EP1_DZ"]; 

// new SM4.sqf code ...
_ranChopper = RanChopperArray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

I haven't done codding for awhile so not sure if that is right  :D

Also I forgot to say, I think a optional vehicle array for the config file would be good.

So you configure the vehicles instead of editing each mission files.

And example from SM4.sqf ....

Original code ...
// old SM4.sqf ...
_ranChopper = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","Mil17_Civilian_DZ","UH1Y_DZ","CH-47F_EP1_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Change it to something like this ...

// set in the DZMSConfig.sqf ...
RanChopperArray = ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","Mil17_Civilian_DZ","UH1Y_DZ","CH-47F_EP1_DZ"]; 

// new SM4.sqf code ...
_ranChopper = RanChopperArray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

I haven't done codding for awhile so not sure if that is right  :D

Its already implemented in the current version :P

Yeah usually do just hadn't checked in awhile :D

Got an update on the repairing vehicle problem or is it related to epoch?

There is no repair files for the non epoch vehicles that's why they auto repair to full instantly when you select repair. The only fix is to only use epoch vehicles.

Loving these missions as EMS didn't have a clean up, leaving all the vehicles behind until they got sold or blown up.

Added custom building crate to some missions :-) server players are loving it. Would love the ability to add loot to vehicles or is this already possible can't see it anywhere.

A player on my server ask me today if it was possible to have Bandit or Hero missions.

Having a quick look it is possible to change the humanity points to negative, change the skins then edit the mission names etc.

Would it be possible in a future version to add different missions or make is so it can be easily configured to pick one or the other?

It's not a problem for me to go edit the files, I was just thinking it would be a good feature for this mod.  :)

A player on my server ask me today if it was possible to have Bandit or Hero missions.

Having a quick look it is possible to change the humanity points to negative, change the skins then edit the mission names etc.

Would it be possible in a future version to add different missions or make is so it can be easily configured to pick one or the other?

It's not a problem for me to go edit the files, I was just thinking it would be a good feature for this mod.  :)

Alright Vampire and scripies.  I want to start customizing and creating my own missions. Maybe one day they will be good enough to post on here for some to try out.  I get some of the basics how these scripts operate but right now I'm at a level of copy pasting and changing a few things and seeing if it goes ok from there.

Your mission scripts seem to be set up very neatly for copypaste customizing although there are still many things I do not understand If I want to make my own and I have a few questions if I may.

So first off, how the hell do I get the correct coordinates for positions, how do you do it? If I wanted to add a crate I simply add a digit and cross my fingers.

How do you set up the scenery so its like prebuilt and just plopped down perfectly? like how you setDir.

Is there a way to set mission AI behavior?

lastly I need a tutorial.

Use the Arma 2 map editor, you can get info on it from the Bohemia Interactive forums. (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page).  You'll end up with an SQF file when you save the mission, and you can pull all the coordinates for the objects from that.  This is also a way to create custom map additions that you can add into either your mission or server PBO.

GT

Like I said before-awesome mission system. I have one issue that is making me go back to WAI. I have a static AI location on my map. Can't use DZMS for that so I was using both WAI and DZMS. Lots of weird things started to happen. People got kicked to lobby randomly, lots of players just couldn't log in at all. Players clients would freeze, and the global death messages stop working.

RPT is spammed with these anytime someone dies:

10:56:43 "PDEATH: Player Died 108059654"

10:56:44 WARNING: Function 'name' - (Player name was here)

Everything was loading in fine, no errors. Just those and the nasty side effects. Read somewhere that is due to a conflict in the AI. Anyone else having similar experiences? I definitely want to go back to using DZMS asap.

Thanks.
-Silk

Hello, I found an error that is quite annoying. After a mission ends another one instantly starts up. Ive tried setting my min and max time higher and higher but its still the same results, if you wait maybe 10-15 minutes (min times around 30) when you finish the mission another one instantly starts up.

I was on a server where when you got within a certain distance of lets say barn you got a message telling you that a bandit was near and to find him.  As you got closer it gave you other messages telling you that you are closer or that another bandit was near.  You then hunted and killed them (or them you)/  they were using either using this or WAI.  Does anyione have a clue how this would be done?

I have issues with .rpt spam filling up my logs.

I use the latest version from github.

Any hotfixes?

22:58:02 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMinTimer.sqf, line 42
22:58:02 Error in expression <or Mission %1.",_varName];

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
22:58:02 Error position: <DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
22:58:02 Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmajdone
22:58:02 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\Scripts\DZMSMajTimer.sqf, line 42

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
22:58:02 Error position: <DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
22:58:02 Error Undefined variable in expression: dzmsmindone

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>

waitUntil {DZMSMinDone};
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMinDone = nil;
};>

waitUntil {DZMSMajDone};
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>
DZMSMajDone = nil;
};>

@ TheVampire......

I just installed this. Very simple, very clean. Opened up the files etc, and love the way they are explained within them. Thanks for putting the time in to make this so nice. Works flawlessly first time.

Ice

Ok, I said flawlessly...and it is. Only a couple of things might be better so far....making the AI aware of choppers so the attempt to shoot them down. And also, I think the choppers that spawn in are DZ versions, instead of DZE. I assume I can change that to DZE versions in the DZMSConfig? Same for the humwv?