[Release] DayZ Mission System

TheVampire

Not sure if this was reported yet...but I'm guessing this isn't normal spawning behavior?

Well that kind of 'behavior' can happen if you are trying to put more then one backpack in an ammobox/container as they can only store one backpack.

If you try to put more then one inside the container it spawns the backpack on the ground next to the container and would start lining them up like what is shown in the picture  :)

Well that kind of 'behavior' can happen if you are trying to put more then one backpack in an ammobox/container as they can only store one backpack.

If you try to put more then one inside the container it spawns the backpack on the ground next to the container and would start lining them up like what is shown in the picture  :)

DZMS is meant to overflow the crates with bags.

The lining up is an arma bug though.

Is it possible to lossen the restriction on mission spawns? Right now nearly all the missions I get are along the of Vybor to Novy and a few up at Pobeda dam. I would like more variety to locations possibly for the random missions.

Also how would you go ahead and code a static mission. So a mission that when spawned is not random but rather is places in a static location. I'm thinking of making my own sniper mission and put it on top of a really big hill to make it a challenge. 

Man this has made my server very happy. Nice job on this!

I have a question though. Some of the weapons from the crates are not able to be sold at the vendor, but I looked in the crate files and the names are correct. Does anyone else have an issue with this?

Is it possible to lossen the restriction on mission spawns? Right now nearly all the missions I get are along the of Vybor to Novy and a few up at Pobeda dam. I would like more variety to locations possibly for the random missions.

Also how would you go ahead and code a static mission. So a mission that when spawned is not random but rather is places in a static location. I'm thinking of making my own sniper mission and put it on top of a really big hill to make it a challenge. 

All the mission restriction code can be found in DZMSFunctions as DZMSFindPos.

To make a static location for a mission, instead of using this:

_coords = call DZMSFindPos;

You would use the coordinates you want. Height should be 0 as they are placed at height above land.

_coords = [X,Y,0];

Man this has made my server very happy. Nice job on this!

I have a question though. Some of the weapons from the crates are not able to be sold at the vendor, but I looked in the crate files and the names are correct. Does anyone else have an issue with this?

You could compare the DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf to your traders_data. Some of the weapons might be _DZE versions now. I know all the weapons in the crates are valid DayZ Vanilla weapons.

m y ai's are not spawning in. could i have some help please

Please provide some information. What have you changed in the configuration files? Are vehicles and ammo boxes spawning? Delete your old RPT log file then paste a fresh RPT log to pastebin.com and post it here.

I didn't see this in any of the threads so sorry if someone already mentioned this. But it would be great if you could set static spawn points for either one or more mission. So for instance there could be a mission that always spawns in the same place. 

Also is there any support for static spawns? Not mission related? 

Thanks! Looks great!

I didn't see this in any of the threads so sorry if someone already mentioned this. But it would be great if you could set static spawn points for either one or more mission. So for instance there could be a mission that always spawns in the same place. 

Also is there any support for static spawns? Not mission related? 

Thanks! Looks great!

You can hardcode coordinates into each mission yourself fairly easy. The mission system is made to be dynamic as possible, but it does support static spawn points for missions in the config.

Is it possible to create a specific loot box for one particular mission?

i.e

Every mission that comes with DZMS uses random loot from DZMSWeaponCrateList

An extra mission I create reads from a seperate file and chooses random loot from that

Thank you

I think you should be able to edit the DZMSBox.sqf to create the static loot box you want, then edit the mission and change to loot type to your static loot box.

Thanks so much, Vampire for this great mission system.  I and my users agree that quality trumps Quantity every time.  All i ask is please, please, please stay focused.  I got so confused trying to follow the changes in EMS i just gave up on it.  Now it seems Fuchs has abandoned it for a second time.

It's working flawlessly on my Epoch 4.2 server.